If Dany becomes mad, it will cement the idea that all westerosi queens in their own right are unworthy.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

Infiltrate KL with an assassin, maybe one who can change her face.  That's option 1.

Blockade KL and wait Cersei out, when the food runs out, the citizens will turn on her.  That's option 2

What if Arya fails or doesnt want to. She may have her own plans for Cersei and her list. Starving the whole city is a bad idea instead of capturing the Red Keep. Thousands of sick old people and ypung children die like flies in sieges.

Just now, AlaerysTargaryen said:

What if Arya fails or doesnt want to. She may have her own plans for Cersei and her list. Starving the whole city is a bad idea instead of capturing the Red Keep. Thousands of sick old people and ypung children die like flies in sieges.

Arya failing seems unlikely, she has already done the Reynes of Castamere on House Frey and killed an 8000 year old demi god, among others, many others.  But, no one even thought of it.  It appears she struck out for KL on her own with not a word to anyone of what she's doing.

People die in war, even when that war is to remove a tyrant.  Certainly a blockade is less damaging to the civilians than some type of frontal military assault by army or dragon.  Or are you arguing that the nutty murderer in the RK should be allowed to continue in power?

Just now, Cas Stark said:

Arya failing seems unlikely, she has already done the Reynes of Castamere on House Frey and killed an 8000 year old demi god, among others, many others.  But, no one even thought of it.  It appears she struck out for KL on her own with not a word to anyone of what she's doing.

People die in war, even when that war is to remove a tyrant.  Certainly a blockade is less damaging to the civilians than some type of frontal military assault by army or dragon.  Or are you arguing that the nutty murderer in the RK should be allowed to continue in power?

So next ep we will this line from varys?

varys- "tyrion she can t siege KL! thousands will die of starvation. We have to get rid of her"

Seriously, danny killing people while conquering KL should only annoy her supporters if they have a better plan to kill cersei or if they are unecessary deaths. This is reaching stupid levels… She can t conquer the city without killing some people...

Just now, TheFirstofHerName said:

I’ve entertained the possibility that Ayra may get killed herself by posing as a Faceless Man.  A case of mistaken identity. I keep thinking about that leak that says Jon finally sees Ayra in the throne room.  Is she dead or alive when he sees her?

She will probably die. I mean, she isn t coming back to winterfell nor is she marrying gendry...

So what the fuck does arya want to do with the rest of her life? Be your friendly super hero cleaning westeros of its bad guys wherever she goes?

I think D&D will choose to just kill her.

7 minutes ago, divica said:

She will probably die. I mean, she isn t coming back to winterfell nor is she marrying gendry...

So what the fuck does arya want to do with the rest of her life? Be your friendly super hero cleaning westeros of its bad guys wherever she goes?

I think D&D will choose to just kill her.

Yeah probably, the actors did say everyone fell down dead in the end, so she will probably die in the last 20 minutes of the finale.  

That leaves the scheming Sandra Bolton as the future of House Stark, how depressing.  Oh well, GRRM will never finish the series so I will end it my own fanfic way, and all the wolves and dragons will live and so will Arya.

Yeah probably, the actors did say everyone fell down dead in the end, so she will probably die in the last 20 minutes of the finale.  

That leaves the scheming Sandra Bolton as the future of House Stark, how depressing.  Oh well, GRRM will never finish the series so I will end it my own fanfic way, and all the wolves and dragons will live and so will Arya.

You could have written it a couple years ago and sent it to D&D. Then maybe we wouldn t have this shit season...

Exactly. Robb Stark Stark sacrificed 2 thousands men to win a manor battle. Dany burnung the Red Keep with 10 k people od a city of a million to win THE WAR is somewhat a hitleresque approach? Doesn't mean I like it, or defend the means are justifiable to the end but it has always been this way in real world and in rhis fantasy. Innocents die.

20 minutes ago, divica said:

This is reaching stupid levels… She can t conquer the city without killing some people...

Exactly. Robb Stark Stark sacrificed 2 thousands men to win a manor battle. Dany burnung the Red Keep with 10 k people od a city of a million to win THE WAR is somewhat a hitleresque approach? Doesn't mean I like it, or defend the means are justifiable to the end but it has always been this way in real world and in rhis fantasy. Innocents die.

It's possible that this idea of Dany being branded CRAZY for doing what every other conqueror in the history of Westeros has done is a false leak, it may be too dumb and destructive even for the dumb and destructive show that GOT has become.  If this is what the show does do though it will enrage the fanbase.  I will even be enraged and I dislike Dany and have wanted Drogon to dracarys her for ages.

Just watched the HBO Episode Revealed for Episode 4.  It was very upsetting watching It even behind the scenes.  Just made my blood boil again seeing all that Dany has lost. She should be raving mad.  Btw.....I didn’t know D & D played wildlings in the feast scene. I must have missed that spoiler.  Maybe they will cast themselves to sit on the Iron Throne.

Book!Robb was an elected king who wanted to first rescue Ned, then kill Joffrey, then when that wasn't possible, march home and defend his kingdom. It's a bit different that Dany's war of conquest. 

What if in the end no one actually wants Dany to be their queen? It's not like it's exclusive to her. Stannis also had this problem. 

And Catelyn ended up freeing Jaime because she realized Robb's war was pointless and in the end, they died in the Red Wedding. Theme stands. 

ASOS Catelyn I

"It will never come to that. The Kingslayer will be returned to us, I have made certain of it."

"All you have made certain is that I shall never see my daughters again. Brienne might have gotten him to King's Landing safely . . . so long as no one was hunting for them. But now . . ." Catelyn could not go on. "Leave me, Edmure." She had no right to command him, here in the castle that would soon be his, yet her tone would brook no argument. "Leave me to Father and my grief, I have no more to say to you. Go. Go." All she wanted was to lie down, to close her eyes and sleep, and pray no dreams would come.

Adding - Dany said eliminate them root and stem and some compared Dany standing at the table with Arya/Walder just before she took out the Freys. With all of Dany's grief, is the show channeling Lady Stoneheart for her? 

I'm not interested in pulling this into a full blown political talk, but I am curious to know about the political mindset in modern day that the people coming here saying Dany ought to just burn everything down to kill Cersei, have. I wonder if it was your parents, family, self, friends who got torched, exactly how eager you would be to follow a queen or king that did that? 

And some have said "look at all she has lost", and yes she has, and so have alot of people, look at all Jon has lost. And Sansa and Jaime and Edmure and the Mormonts......So the fuck what?!

She ISN'T even the rightful heir to the IT so please, stop with the justifications. 

While the books are far from being feminist I think George is a good writer of female characters and female issues within a patriarchal society, so I trust him on this. And if he writes Dany as going ''mad'' (I doubt it) then I'm sure it will be faithful to her characterization.

However, the GOT writers are sexist towards the female characters on this show, since D&D only care about women they deem worthy (that is, badass and cold), hence why most if not all of the female characters on this show are basically caricatures, and any nuance and complexity they might show is based on their earlier book-based characterization. I mean, how can people say the show isn't sexist when just this episode we had Sansa's line about justifying her abuse.

Basically Dany being portrayed as suddenly 'evil' on this show is kind of crazy (especially when she's not as ruthless as, either her ancestors, or even some other past characters on the show). And if she's killed by Jon /because/ of it then yeah I see a problem. But until we see it, I think the writers intentions were just to demonstrate how losing everything has pushed Dany to do what she will do. But how they frame that is going to be key.

14 minutes ago, Wik said:

She ISN'T even the rightful heir to the IT so please, stop with the justifications. 

Not that it matters too much when conquest is in play, but I think a lot of people err when they portray it as just solely about Jon having a dick. As a woman, Jane Snow would even have a claim above Dany's. Jon/Jane are the only living child of the crown prince. 

It's possible that this idea of Dany being branded CRAZY for doing what every other conqueror in the history of Westeros has done is a false leak, it may be too dumb and destructive even for the dumb and destructive show that GOT has become.  If this is what the show does do though it will enrage the fanbase.  I will even be enraged and I dislike Dany and have wanted Drogon to dracarys her for ages.

The problem I see is that the show wrote it self into a corner after this ep.

Varys is completly against her and wants to kill her, tyrion basicaly agrees with him but isn t ready to turn against her, sansa has just ploted against her… How is danny suposed to react to these 3 characters? 

At this point either jon and danny marry fast or it is dificult to see a happy ending. There are just too many people for danny to punish and some jon won t accept...

8 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Not that it matters too much when conquest is in play, but I think a lot of people err when they portray it as just solely about Jon having a dick. As a woman, Jane Snow would even have a claim above Dany's. Jon/Jane are the only living child of the crown prince. 

Agreed. 

Archived