Varys burns, Rhaegal returns?

Hippocras

As Davos pointed out in E4, it is weird that the Lord of Light just disappeared after all that. So... chances are he didn't or they wouldn't have written a scene with Davos commenting on it. With Melisandre gone I really don't know HOW R'hllor is going to make his comeback in the show, but I am very sure he will.

The prophesy always said that a hero would come to "wake dragons from stone". Melisandre zeroed in on Stannis initially because he was indeed King Robert's true heir AND he was based on Dragonstone. She knew that Dragonstone was important, as a place in her visions, and I don't think it was just because there is dragonglass on Dragonstone.

Added to this the show has also made note of Dany's interest in how Jon was killed and revived. Now, Rhaegal was shot to death with scorpions just off the shore of Dragonstone.

So... what if the comeback of the Lord of Light comes in the form of Rhaegal being revived from the dead just as Jon was, with fire and blood magic. Dany hatched her dragons by burning a witch alive. Maybe she will revive Rhaegal by burning Varys alive.

It would be cool if Rhaegal came back, especially with how pissed off he would be at Euron, but I can’t see it, the bolts in his torso Maybe, but the one through his neck then crashing into the sea, can’t really see him coming back from that one.

Sadly, I don't think we are going to get much explanation into The Lord of Light. I am going to say that R'hllor is pretty much done. But who knows, I could definitely be wrong..

16 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It would be cool if Rhaegal came back, especially with how pissed off he would be at Euron, but I can’t see it, the bolts in his torso Maybe, but the one through his neck then crashing into the sea, can’t really see him coming back from that one.

Jon's wounds were just as serious. Jon was well and truly dead. Becoming a fire wight, revived by the fire god does not require that one still be alive or have wounds that are reasonable to recover from.

8 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

Sadly, I don't think we are going to get much explanation into The Lord of Light. I am going to say that R'hllor is pretty much done. But who knows, I could definitely be wrong..

I am pretty sure you are, or Davos would not have had that whole conversation with Tyrion at the feast. If the show wants us to forget about something, they don't bring it up.

2 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I am pretty sure you are, or Davos would not have had that whole conversation with Tyrion at the feast. If the show wants us to forget about something, they don't bring it up.

We will see!

All the baby succession talk from last season about Dany and Jon so far seems to be for nothing... But maybe she is pregnant...

could have been there to double down on the skepticism Davos has always had for the Red God.

It wouldnt shock me if nothing significant came from the Gods in the books either, but i do like the idea of Rhaegal coming back

3 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

Jon's wounds were just as serious. Jon was well and truly dead. Becoming a fire wight, revived by the fire god does not require that one still be alive or have wounds that are reasonable to recover from.

That’s true but Jon had a red priest there straight away and wasn’t at the bottom of the sea either, like I say it would be cool if Rhaegal came back but I’m doubtful to be honest.

Just now, btfu806 said:

We will see!

All the baby succession talk from last season about Dany and Jon so far seems to be for nothing... But maybe she is pregnant...

One direction I could see the pregnancy talk going:

Remember Stannis was upset that he didn't have a son and Shireen was so damaged. Melisandre was able to use that disappointment to convince him that he could make a son with her...and he did. Shadow baby.

Dany may have similar feelings. Another one of her children just died, and maybe even Drogon will as well. So maybe a Red Priest shows up at Dragonstone and convinces her to make a baby.

6 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

One direction I could see the pregnancy talk going:

Remember Stannis was upset that he didn't have a son and Shireen was so damaged. Melisandre was able to use that disappointment to convince him that he could make a son with her...and he did. Shadow baby.

Dany may have similar feelings. Another one of her children just died, and maybe even Drogon will as well. So maybe a Red Priest shows up at Dragonstone and convinces her to make a baby.

Sure, it's possible. There is the red priest character that we saw two seasons ago? I can't remember her name, she was in Mareen though? I think...

Anyway, maybe she makes her way over with Daario or something? I really thought we would be seeing him before this was done...

7 hours ago, Hippocras said:

So... what if the comeback of the Lord of Light comes in the form of Rhaegal being revived from the dead just as Jon was, with fire and blood magic. Dany hatched her dragons by burning a witch alive. Maybe she will revive Rhaegal by burning Varys alive.

If it were to happen I'd imagine Jon would raise it since he became its rider & could come in handy if he were to clash with Dany but I don't see it happening in either way. "Waking dragons from stone" prophecy could apply here but its only wishful thinking at this point, since the prophecy is tied to White Walkers and they are already defeated.

And Dany already woke dragons from stone, she's AA :D

45 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I think that conversation was intended for us, the viewers, to urge us not to think about this stuff too hard; something they have been suggesting for the better part of 3 seasons now, unfortunately.

8 hours ago, Hippocras said:

The prophesy always said that a hero would come to "wake dragons from stone".

...which is exactly what Daenerys has done with three fossilized stone eggs. 

Added to this the show has also made note of Dany's interest in how Jon was killed and revived

Well, I understood it in the sense of Daenerys realising that the sentence of Jon dying for his people was mire literally meant than they explained to her. We had that scene in S7 where they talked it down as just a figurative phrase. Daenerys thinks "wow, there is more to Jon than I knew" and after that she comes to him and assures is loyalty. She fears for her claim. A man died and was resurrected, rides a dragon, has led the Great War and won it. Jon was set-up in this scene as the perfect ruler. Everyone was in awe, adored him, hailed him. 

That is what this scene is about.

what if the comeback of the Lord of Light comes in the form of Rhaegal being revived from the dead just as Jon was, with fire and blood magic. Dany hatched her dragons by burning a witch alive.

We never learned whether the witch was important to all of this. Stone eggs and fire might have done the trick without the witch.

Dragons are fire made flesh.

I really wish this to be true. Then we cut to Jon riding him and bringing the Targaryen in him to war and wrecking the Golden Compass and Lannisters. 

BUT....don't get your hopes up. D&D have been clear on how they view magic. They got rid of all of them in the quickest, lamest way possible. They simply do not care for it and it shows. They're gonna kill off Drogon soon as well. 

1 hour ago, Quillon said:

If it were to happen I'd imagine Jon would raise it since he became its rider & could come in handy if he were to clash with Dany but I don't see it happening in either way. "Waking dragons from stone" prophecy could apply here but its only wishful thinking at this point, since the prophecy is tied to White Walkers and they are already defeated.

And Dany already woke dragons from stone, she's AA :D

No, there was nothing at all linking the waking dragons to White Walkers. Darkness, yes, but not White Walkers. 

54 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

...which is exactly what Daenerys has done with three fossilized stone eggs. 

Well, I understood it in the sense of Daenerys realising that the sentence of Jon dying for his people was mire literally meant than they explained to her. We had that scene in S7 where they talked it down as just a figurative phrase. Daenerys thinks "wow, there is more to Jon than I knew" and after that she comes to him and assures is loyalty. She fears for her claim. A man died and was resurrected, rides a dragon, has led the Great War and won it. Jon was set-up in this scene as the perfect ruler. Everyone was in awe, adored him, hailed him. 

That is what this scene is about.

We never learned whether the witch was important to all of this. Stone eggs and fire might have done the trick without the witch.

Dragons are fire made flesh.

Nope. It was directly stated in related scenes by the witch that only death can pay for life. That was why the horse was brought into the tent etc. Dany quoted the witch back to her when she put her on the pyre, so there was nothing accidental about it.

I agree that Dany hatched fossilized dragon eggs and that may be all there is to that. But I am not sure. I am very sure fire magic is not finished, and Rhaegal's revival is one idea for how it comes back.

Archived