Varys burns, Rhaegal returns?

Hippocras

Just now, Quillon said:

Such as? Anyway, the Long Night's over as far as the show's concerned, therefor any AA prophecy.

The Long Night is "a time of darkness". Darkness in the story is the horrors of human origin just as much as those of magical origin. The threat of "ice" is dealt with, yes. The threat of "fire" seems unresolved. And the threat of selfishness, tyranny, and nihilism go beyond magic and are even more entrenched. Regardless of the defeat of the Night King, it is still VERY dark times in Westeros.

Because the "fire" part of the story is not resolved, I am nowhere near as convinced as you that all elements of the prophesies are.

1 minute ago, Hippocras said:

The Long Night is "a time of darkness". Darkness in the story is the horrors of human origin just as much as those of magical origin. The threat of "ice" is dealt with, yes. The threat of "fire" seems unresolved. And the threat of selfishness, tyranny, and nihilism go beyond magic and are even more entrenched. Regardless of the defeat of the Night King, it is still VERY dark times in Westeros.

Because the "fire" part of the story is not resolved, I am nowhere near as convinced as you that all elements of the prophesies are.

Let's hope you are right tho, in that context you can call any time past or present, Long Night since it will never be utopic.

15 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

It was directly stated in related scenes by the witch that only death can pay for life.

Yes, I remember that but I take it only to the exchange Drogon vs. Horse/Baby.

The fossilized eggs are probably not really considered as dead. And if, why only one life for three dragons? That makes not much sense. 

17 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

Rhaegal's revival is one idea for how it comes back

Very unlikely in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, I remember that but I take it only to the exchange Drogon vs. Horse/Baby.

The fossilized eggs are probably not really considered as dead. And if, why only one life for three dragons? That makes not much sense. 

Very unlikely in my eyes.

But she said it back to the witch when she tied her to the pyre. She knew she was paying for life of something by burning her.

1 hour ago, Quillon said:

Let's hope you are right tho, in that context you can call any time past or present, Long Night since it will never be utopic.

It is a pretty long way between where they are at now as a society and utopia! Lots of middle ground that would be less like hellish darkness. Just not being constantly at war would be a good start.

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It would be cool if Rhaegal came back, especially with how pissed off he would be at Euron, but I can’t see it, the bolts in his torso Maybe, but the one through his neck then crashing into the sea, can’t really see him coming back from that one.

How is a dagger in the heart any less than this? The books have Lady Stoneheart being revived days later with her throat slashed.

4 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Sure, it's possible. There is the red priest character that we saw two seasons ago? I can't remember her name, she was in Mareen though? I think...

Anyway, maybe she makes her way over with Daario or something? I really thought we would be seeing him before this was done...

Kinvara, 

I'm REALLY hoping to see her again :wub: It would be cool if she brought the fiery hand with her, and many other red priestesses to raise Reagal out of the bay and revive him!

2 hours ago, Kajjo said:

The three lives were Drogo, Dany, and the witch. If you doubt Dany, substitute the dead baby for Dany (I'm pretty sure both she and Jon are considered 'Fire wights').

My first thought when Euron looked shocked in the trailer was that rhaegal was back. But it could be any number of things. Cersei specifically asking if he saw the dragon sink beneath the waves raised suspicion as well. Reminded me of when Tyrion asked Bronn if he was certain Shae got on the boat bound for Essos, only for her to still be around. 

That said, Rhaegal appeared to take a shot to the chest, shoulder and throat prior to hitting the water. Tough to come back from that.

edit - just rewatched the trailer. Euron doesn’t even really look all that “shocked” per se.

5 minutes ago, UnViserion said:

My first thought when Euron looked shocked in the trailer was that rhaegal was back.

Remember when Drogon disappeared for about 2 seasons of Mereen? Imagine if he'd laid eggs and they hatched...now a 'automagically' appearing (*just like the iron fleet) overhead and reigning fire on his ass!

1 minute ago, A man has no name said:

Remember when Drogon disappeared for about 2 seasons of Mereen? Imagine if he'd laid eggs and they hatched...now a 'automagically' appearing (*just like the iron fleet) overhead and reigning fire on his ass!

That would most certainly subvert my expectations. 

22 minutes ago, UnViserion said:

Additionally, there’s a scene from the 1:29 mark of the final trailer of  a dragon breathing fire.. I believe it’s Rhaegal? Have we gotten that scene yet?

Both dragons are exactly the same down to their teeth structure, can't be sure since we can't tell the color cos its effin dark as always. I put my moneh on it being Drogon tho. As for the scene, the closest I remembered and looked up is where Dany's saving Jon when he's surrounded in ep3 but it was not the same, either I couldn't find it or its yet to come.

1 hour ago, A man has no name said:

How is a dagger in the heart any less than this? The books have Lady Stoneheart being revived days later with her throat slashed.

True but Jon got revived straight away and wasn't an incredibly heavy beast lying on the sea floor, I don't know how they would get him back but I hope they do.

Id love anything more meaningful to happen in the next two episodes but Ive completely given up any faith in the showwriters.

maybes its a good way to go out. Dragons, giants, direwolves, lords of light, children of the forest, wights, white walkers, the night king etc all go out without any great meaning, destined to be forgotten in time, like the legends we read about now but don't really believe in. All that's left is the stories of humans, their backstabbing and history of destruction.

Archived