Varys burns, Rhaegal returns?

Hippocras

40 minutes ago, Quillon said:

Both dragons are exactly the same down to their teeth structure, can't be sure since we can't tell the color cos its effin dark as always. I put my moneh on it being Drogon tho. As for the scene, the closest I remembered and looked up is where Dany's saving Jon when he's surrounded in ep3 but it was not the same, either I couldn't find it or its yet to come.

I paused it before he shoots flames, could very easily be Drogon. At first viewing looked lighter/greenish but now I’m doubting that.

Not sure why people think a dragon is coming back. If you follow the story from the beginning, magic, direwolves south of the wall and dragons and the NK haven't been around for a thousand years(not sure on exact time). Then each of them comes back, and the world is in chaos. Now they are dying back off again, one dragon gone, the brought back by the NK. The NK and Aotd is gone....Mel dies off and as Davos pointed out, where is the Lord of Light now, not a word out of him...another dragon has died.  The last dragon is dying before the end of the series and Westeros will be somewhat back to normal, no magic, no dead walking, and no dragons.

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Not sure why people think a dragon is coming back. If you follow the story from the beginning, magic, direwolves south of the wall and dragons and the NK haven't been around for a thousand years(not sure on exact time). Then each of them comes back, and the world is in chaos. Now they are dying back off again, one dragon gone, the brought back by the NK. The NK and Aotd is gone....Mel dies off and as Davos pointed out, where is the Lord of Light now, not a word out of him...another dragon has died.  The last dragon is dying before the end of the series and Westeros will be somewhat back to normal, no magic, no dead walking, and no dragons.

I tend to agree... but this i blame on Dan and Dave... lets create a series about a medeval epic fantasy and kill all the fantasy aspects of the story, my first issue was leaving out the Wargs Storylines (Jon and Ayra) giving Bran a warging superpower and killing it off before, we the viewers, get a chance to see its full capability, Killing off the children of the forest, then the giants with Wun Wun being the last.. melissandra and her fire magic gone to dust. now we're down two dragons... look out Bran and Drogo your the last guys standing   

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

It’s something to talk about. I don’t think Rhaegal is coming back but there are some minimal signs that he could so it gets discussed. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH 

I'M F**CKING MAD!

sorry.

We have crazy theories going, but we will end with what the leaks spoiled; A shitty ending. 

D&D had literally to just type "GOT ending theory" on google, and they could have done a million times better. 

8 hours ago, dbunting said:

It is not really about thinking a dragon will come back. It is about fire magic and the Lord of Light not being finished. Again, the show writers don’t make whole conversations about something after they are finished with it if they want us to forget about something. People are being kind of blind if they think a massive dangling hint like that conversation between Davos and Tyrion at the feast doesn’t mean anything. If it didn’t mean anything they would not have bothered filming it! There was absolutely no other point to that conversation except to remind us about the weird disappearance of the Lord of Light. It is not like the audience was clamouring for a chat between Tyrion and Davos. And most thought that Mel dropping that choker was the end of fire magic so no need to bring it up.

Dany is going fire and blood for the last couple episodes there is no doubt at all about it. And blood and fire magic will have something to do with it. Rhaegal is just one idea of how that might happen within the time that is left. And of course, if Rhaegal does become a fire wight he is not going to persist beyond the finale. Blood and Fire magic will be defeated too just as Ice magic was.

12 hours ago, A man has no name said:

The three lives were Drogo, Dany, and the witch.

Dany did not die.

12 hours ago, A man has no name said:

I'm pretty sure both she and Jon are considered 'Fire wights

Wow, sorry, but that is just nonsense. There is nothing like a "fire wight" in the show and it makes no sense whatsoever to invent new terminology. We should stick to the show and not make up our own phantasy world.

11 hours ago, Quillon said:

Under the sea, you fall up, I know I know, oh oh oh :P

They could make it wash ashore, if they were to revive...

I was kind of hoping a sub would come and raise him and torpedo Eurons fleet at the same time :P.

12 hours ago, UnViserion said:

Additionally, there’s a scene from the 1:29 mark of the final trailer of  a dragon breathing fire.. I believe it’s Rhaegal? Have we gotten that scene yet?

Which trailer are you talking about?

In the trailer that I have seen for S8E5 (only 50 seconds), there is no fire at all?

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

Dany did not die.

Wow, sorry, but that is just nonsense. There is nothing like a "fire wight" in the show and it makes no sense whatsoever to invent new terminology. We should stick to the show and not make up our own phantasy world.

There is. Fire wight is a name used by GRRM himself in discussing the books, though it is never actually called that in either the show or books. Beric was a fire wight and Jon is as well. It simply means someone brought back from dead by fire magic So just as much a part of the show as books. 

1 hour ago, Hippocras said:

So just as much a part of the show as books. 

It simply is not part of the show. Period. 

Never mentioned, and the concept not introduced. Please stay with the show.

44 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

So somehow you missed that Beric Dondarion died several times and Jon once, and both were brought back from the dead.

58 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

And Jon Snow, too, is drained by the experience of coming back from the dead on the show.

Right. And poor Beric Dondarrion, who was set up as the foreshadowing of all this, every time he’s a little less Beric. His memories are fading, he’s got all these scars, he’s becoming more and more physically hideous, because he’s not a living human being anymore. His heart isn’t beating, his blood isn’t flowing in his veins, he’s a wight, but a wight animated by fire instead of by ice, now we’re getting back to the whole fire and ice thing.

Source: https://wikiofthrones.com/9626/george-r-r-martin-reveals-beric-dondarrion-wight-animated-fire/ 

49 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

So somehow you missed that Beric Dondarion died several times and Jon once, and both were brought back from the dead.

Yes, they were brought back to life. Period.

They do not show any signs of "wight". Wights are controlled by whoever raises them. Beric and Jon are not controlled. Beric says that he comes back weaker, but he does not mention are loss of self-control or the like.

Wights are remote-controlled undead. They do not heal, do not grow, do not act on themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

Yes, they were brought back to life. Period.

They do not show any signs of "wight". Wights are controlled by whoever raises them. Beric and Jon are not controlled. Beric says that he comes back weaker, but he does not mention are loss of self-control or the like.

Wights are remote-controlled undead. They do not heal, do not grow, do not act on themselves. 

No, that was the ice version. The fire version is not the same, but still reanimated dead is reanimated dead regardless of precise mechanics.

Just now, Hippocras said:

The fire version is not the same, but still reanimated dead is reanimated dead regardless of precise mechanics.

It's a phantasy world and in literature there have been many different ways of resurrection and reanimation, of living, dead, undead and reanimated.

It is absolutely clear beyond any doubt in Game of Thrones that "raising the deads to wight" is something entirely different from resurrection.

Just now, Kajjo said:

It's a phantasy world and in literature there have been many different ways of resurrection and reanimation, of living, dead, undead and reanimated.

It is absolutely clear beyond any doubt in Game of Thrones that "raising the deads to wight" is something entirely different from resurrection.

This is the world GRRM created. If he calls them fire wights then they are fire wights. 

Archived