Varys burns, Rhaegal returns?

Hippocras

34 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

Do anyone know why Melissandra (Red Woman) left Westeros last season. Seems like she had something inportant to do, she said to Varys that she was leaving but would return, as she had to die on this island. I know its a slim chance but the followers of the Red god turning up doesnt seem that too far removed. I'd love it if Rhaegal washed up on Dragonstone beach and they could bring him back. but as optimistic and hopeful this sounds i very much doubt it would happen.

As for Melissandra travelling to Esso, I do think there could be something happening behind the scenes, its anyones guess what it is tho :) 

I agree probably something behind the scenes. We’ll have to see this weekend because it wouldn’t be kept for the last episode.

37 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

Do anyone know why Melissandra (Red Woman) left Westeros last season.

She went to Volantis to level up at their base temple, spending the XP she gathered in Westeros, learned couple more spells.

5 minutes ago, Quillon said:

She went to Volantis to level up at their base temple, spending the XP she gathered in Westeros, learned couple more spells.

:rofl: Lol... The woman was about 300 years old, if she hadn't finished her education years ago she was doing something very wrong.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:04 AM, Hippocras said:

As Davos pointed out in E4, it is weird that the Lord of Light just disappeared after all that. So... chances are he didn't or they wouldn't have written a scene with Davos commenting on it. With Melisandre gone I really don't know HOW R'hllor is going to make his comeback in the show, but I am very sure he will.

The prophesy always said that a hero would come to "wake dragons from stone". Melisandre zeroed in on Stannis initially because he was indeed King Robert's true heir AND he was based on Dragonstone. She knew that Dragonstone was important, as a place in her visions, and I don't think it was just because there is dragonglass on Dragonstone.

Added to this the show has also made note of Dany's interest in how Jon was killed and revived. Now, Rhaegal was shot to death with scorpions just off the shore of Dragonstone.

So... what if the comeback of the Lord of Light comes in the form of Rhaegal being revived from the dead just as Jon was, with fire and blood magic. Dany hatched her dragons by burning a witch alive. Maybe she will revive Rhaegal by burning Varys alive.

Varys is a witch? No. 

His genitalia were burned for...some purpose. But I dunno if that lends any special significance to him. 

Ironically, Danny turning to blood magic would actually give his switch to Team Jon a good motive. Too bad it would come at the end of the storyline instead of the beginning. 

Whether it is a resurrected Rhaegal or it is Drogon, I hope to see a dragon attack Euron's fleet from below, that is, from under the ships, so that they are safe from the scorpion bolts.  The visuals on that would be awesome.

18 minutes ago, McAssey said:

Whether it is a resurrected Rhaegal or it is Drogon, I hope to see a dragon attack Euron's fleet from below, that is, from under the ships, so that they are safe from the scorpion bolts.  The visuals on that would be awesome.

That would be incredibly good! 

But won't happen sadly. 

On 5/8/2019 at 5:24 AM, Kajjo said:

Dany did not die.

Wow, sorry, but that is just nonsense. There is nothing like a "fire wight" in the show and it makes no sense whatsoever to invent new terminology. We should stick to the show and not make up our own phantasy world.

Ouch dude, you got no chill huh?  Fire wight is a thing BTW. Ser Beric Dundarion was one. Just because the show didn't talk about it doesn't make it "new terminology" in "your own phantasy world" btw (you spell it 'fantasy' there killer)

Anyway, a fire wight is supposed to be a thrall of the lord of light.

D&D kinda forgot about the stone dragons. Also, why would they resurrect Rhaegal on the last episode when, to the audience they're trying to extort, Rhaegal is just uncharacterised dragon #2, there to be aimbotted down by punkrocker teleport king Euron. Honeypotting this late on reeks of desperation.

Archived