If a preganancy isn't revealed this episode, they have scratched the storyline.

AlaerysTargaryen

I'm 100% sure it will happen in the books. Too many hints and the miscarriage. I was 100% sure it was going to happen in the show, especially after bringing up the topic on numerous ocassions especially in the scene with Dany and Jon in the Dragonpit. If Dany is being steered in to Mad Queen mode and with 2 episodes left, they have eliminated boatbaby for sure.

Yeah, at this point a pregnancy is probably the only thing that will cause Daenerys to calm down, and ultimately save her.
In a twist of fate, Daenerys will go from suddenly having almost nothing to loose by the end of E4, to having something to loose again.
It would also mirror Cersei's perceived is-she-ain't-she-pregnancy, and how not even that causes her insanity to recede. 

There's honestly been so many hints, especially during S7 (even Jorah hinted at it ffs), for this to be a red herring, and if it is, it's ultimately not just a red herring, it's a cruel joke at the expensive of Daenerys and her fans. Like we needed another gut punch after this episode.
Just put us and Daenerys out of our/her misery already...

Emergency Awesome and Secrets of the Citadel still believe that she's pregnant, which is always something...

5 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

even Jorah hinted at it ffs

Yes! Even Jorah alluded to Jons future children. If they eliminated boatbaby because of reasons, I will never forgive them. Dany always wanted family but loses everyone again, and Jon who tought himself a bastard and joined the Nights Watch with the idea of never producing bastard children who could have the same sad life as him. The both of them to end like this, after so many foreshadowing. If there is no boatbaby it's beacuse D&D erased it. Why bait us las seaosn tho?

3 minutes ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Yes! Even Jorah alluded to Jons future children. If they eliminated boatbaby because of reasons, I will never forgive them. Dany always wanted family but loses everyone again, and Jon who tought himself a bastard and joined the Nights Watch with the idea of never producing bastard children who could have the same sad life as him. The both of them to end like this, after so many foreshadowing. If there is no boatbaby it's beacuse D&D erased it. Why bait us las seaosn tho?

I honestly wonder if while writing season 7 they thought about season 8 in any depth. It's like they had a very rough idea of what to do with Season 8 and thought it included a baby. Then realized they could better subvert expectations by going a different direction, so they are just scraping it.

1 minute ago, btfu806 said:

I honestly wonder if while writing season 7 they thought about season 8 in any depth. It's like they had a very rough idea of what to do with Season 8 and thought it included a baby. Then realized they could better subvert expectations by going a different direction, so they are just scraping it.

S8 is all about subverting the expectations they created in season 7...

I doubt they cared about s8 when writing s7... 

Just now, divica said:

S8 is all about subverting the expectations they created in season 7...

I doubt they cared about s8 when writing s7... 

I was hoping maybe they can subvert their subverted expectations and would accidentally write a good show...

1 minute ago, btfu806 said:

It seems like it. And speaking of "subverted expectations" I wish I never saw the idiotic inside of the episode videos. That phrase gives me ptsd hehe. And Dany kinda forgetting about the Iron fleet lol. Doesnt anyone dare to point them aour and say D&D this is fucking stupid , lets record a different dialog.

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

Subvert expectations? How about using actual tactics? And nobody does scouting, which would have helped Daenerys track Euron's fleet back in Season 7. And then there's the Long Night.

1 hour ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

It seems like it. And speaking of "subverted expectations" I wish I never saw the idiotic inside of the episode videos. That phrase gives me ptsd hehe. And Dany kinda forgetting about the Iron fleet lol. Doesnt anyone dare to point them aour and say D&D this is fucking stupid , lets record a different dialog.

The inside the episode featurettes certainly throw light on just how deep the stupidity of D&D are. Dany "forgot"? No, you thought it'd be a cool shocking moment to randomly kill a dragon like that and you justified it to yourself after the fact, you hacks!

Anyhoo, I agree that unless Dany realises she is pregnant in episode 4 and that yet-to-be-seen fireplace shot from the 2nd teaser is her telling Jon,  she'll probably just completely meltdown and likely die for her troubles. One bolt through Drogon's neck now and she'll fall to her death.

However, if she is pregnant and thinks about what Tyrion said to Cersei it might finally give her pause.

2 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

To be honest I never got the impression while watching season 7 that they were going in that direction.

Me neither, and this season has so far made it seem even more unlikely. They want a conflict between Jon and Dany, and I don't think they're interested in it being resolved 'for the sake of the baby.' 

2 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I was hoping maybe they can subvert their subverted expectations and would accidentally write a good show...

I think they subverted their subverted expectations' subversions' subverding subverications' subway sandwich.

3 hours ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

I'm 100% sure it will happen in the books. Too many hints and the miscarriage. I was 100% sure it was going to happen in the show, especially after bringing up the topic on numerous ocassions especially in the scene with Dany and Jon in the Dragonpit. If Dany is being steered in to Mad Queen mode and with 2 episodes left, they have eliminated boatbaby for sure.

I agree.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I am absolutely shocked that it took them 2 years to write this season. This episode was the best episode Game of Thrones has had since the season 6 finale but that's not saying much because it had some serious problems

3 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

Yeah, at this point a pregnancy is probably the only thing that will cause Daenerys to calm down, and ultimately save her.
In a twist of fate, Daenerys will go from suddenly having almost nothing to loose by the end of E4, to having something to loose again.
It would also mirror Cersei's perceived is-she-ain't-she-pregnancy, and how not even that causes her insanity to recede. 

There
Emergency Awesome and Secrets of the Citadel still believe that she's pregnant, which is always something...

Are these fansites or YouTubers? Beofre season started I watched 2 videos analizing the last  piece of music in the last episode since the soundtrack was realeased. The theme is quite an uplifiting one with both Dany and Jon themes ans per their word with a childlike motif. I cant imagined hearing over the tragic ending rhey are steering. That is my only hope. But probably they can always decide to not use ir if they erased boarbaby. If you are interested search in Yt for Because geek game thrones epilogue.

2 hours ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

To be honest I never got the impression while watching season 7 that they were going in that direction.

Really? Jon specifically tells Dany, when she told him why she couldn't have children, that that person that old her was not being truthful. 

She really emphasizes that the dragons are the only children she will ever have, something that she wasn't really bringing up to a lot of people previously (only that the dragons are her children).

Then of course, Jorah mentions Longclaw going to Jon's children. 

I honestly always pictured Jon dying while winning the Long Night, and then Dany dying in childbirth to their baby. Neither gets the family the always wanted, but at the same time they have a family legacy to leave behind. That's the sort of bittersweet ending I felt would have been fitting for both characters. 

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Really? Jon specifically tells Dany, when she told him why she couldn't have children, that that person that old her was not being truthful. 

She really emphasizes that the dragons are the only children she will ever have, something that she wasn't really bringing up to a lot of people previously (only that the dragons are her children).

Then of course, Jorah mentions Longclaw going to Jon's children. 

I honestly always pictured Jon dying while winning the Long Night, and then Dany dying in childbirth to their baby. Neither gets the family the always wanted, but at the same time they have a family legacy to leave behind. That's the sort of bittersweet ending I felt would have been fitting for both characters. 

This is the ending that I also pictured except I don't think Jon would die again, and become a king by regency to their heir, keeping the secret to himself and close family. This way there is a Targ restoration, they have a family albeit obviously a bittersweet ending since she dies. She has. A legacy as a hero who gave up everything to save the kingdoms. Not a mad queen akin to Cersei not a hated woman such Rhaenyra 2.0. Jon is a reluctant king but a good ruler for her and their child sake. So there is some sweetnesss to the end and not just a bitter tragic ending for the most popular character's.

55 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Me neither, and this season has so far made it seem even more unlikely. They want a conflict between Jon and Dany, and I don't think they're interested in it being resolved 'for the sake of the baby.' 

The conflict coming between Jon and Dany already has me pissed. I understand the game of thrones is about subversion and trope smashing, but come on. S8 E4 was just bad.

6 minutes ago, A man has no name said:

The conflict coming between Jon and Dany already has me pissed. I understand the game of thrones is about subversion and trope smashing, but come on. S8 E4 was just bad.

I am pissed and mad too.  They need to give an ending that will encourage viewers to watch their prequels.  This certainly won’t inspire me to watch.

2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Subvert expectations? How about using actual tactics? And nobody does scouting, which would have helped Daenerys track Euron's fleet back in Season 7. And then there's the Long Night.

Whattttt you want good writing? How can we fit in our 12948320984 OMG Break the Internet moments then! hah

Archived