If a preganancy isn't revealed this episode, they have scratched the storyline.

AlaerysTargaryen

12 hours ago, AlaerysTargaryen said:

From a comercial point of view is baffling, They have blu ray bundle to sell and subscriptions. There are expensive books about production coming. Wil the fans buy all this shit if they masacre Dany, Jon and Tyrion the 3 most imprtant and beloved carachters?

that makes me wonder too - the current direction is putting me off the prequels also and all promotional material

12 hours ago, divica said:

I think the problem of the prequels lies with dragons dying easily and the ww having na awful ending. They destroyed the 2 miths… We can t have dragons easily dying from scorpions in GOT and being unbeatable creatures in a prequel… The same with the ww.

The fate of the main characters… Ok I admit, if they have a tragic ending I probably won t see any prequel because I will be fed up with GOT. Personally I hate sad tragedies...

yep was hoping for a bittersweet ending - not a tragic dooms day fest

The IMDB-rating of "The Last of the Starks" continue to plummet. Yesterday it was 7,0, now it's 6,8.

A breathtakingly low score compared to the second lowest in the series, "Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken" from season 5, which is currently sitting at respectable 8,1. 

"People" didn't expect the tragic ending the show suddenly did a sharp and unexpected turn towards, and they evidently don't want it. We want the payoff that our characters arc's have headed towards for several seasons, not a cheap subversion expectations just for the sake of shock and surprise. 

37 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

The IMDB-rating of "The Last of the Starks" continue to plummet. Yesterday it was 7,0, now it's 6,8.

A breathtakingly low score compared to the second lowest in the series, "Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken" from season 5, which is currently sitting at respectable 8,1. 

"People" didn't expect the tragic ending the show suddenly did a sharp and unexpected turn towards, and they evidently don't want it. We want the payoff that our characters arc's have headed towards for several seasons, not a cheap subversion expectations just for the sake of shock and surprise. 

How's ep3 faring? If this episode got that low, ep3 should be around 5.0 or something.

7 minutes ago, Quillon said:

How's ep3 faring? If this episode got that low, ep3 should be around 5.0 or something.

Pretty solid actually, sitting at 8,4. 

Ep3 was more or less a major battle which allowed for very little time to further the story and/or develop characters and their arcs, which means that they at the very least, didn't have time to ruin them either.
Sure, a lot of dumb stuff happened (not for the first time), but ultimately ep3 was no where near the huge middle-finger to the fan base and several beloved characters that ep4 ended up being.  

Basically ep3 was stupid but did make some sense (other than Arya killing the NK which kinda ruins a big part of Jon's story arc), and ep4 flipped the table in an unconvincing manner.

I personally "liked" ep3 as well, even if I have several major issues with it, but at the end of the day, that episode alone didn't ruin GoT for me in the same way that ep4 did.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:37 PM, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Yes! Even Jorah alluded to Jons future children. If they eliminated boatbaby because of reasons, I will never forgive them. Dany always wanted family but loses everyone again, and Jon who tought himself a bastard and joined the Nights Watch with the idea of never producing bastard children who could have the same sad life as him. The both of them to end like this, after so many foreshadowing. If there is no boatbaby it's beacuse D&D erased it. Why bait us las seaosn tho?

What if you told Bastard Jon son of Ned he'd have a legitimizable kid that would also be his cousin?

On 5/7/2019 at 11:01 PM, AlaerysTargaryen said:

This is the ending that I also pictured except I don't think Jon would die again, and become a king by regency to their heir, keeping the secret to himself and close family. This way there is a Targ restoration, they have a family albeit obviously a bittersweet ending since she dies. She has. A legacy as a hero who gave up everything to save the kingdoms. Not a mad queen akin to Cersei not a hated woman such Rhaenyra 2.0. Jon is a reluctant king but a good ruler for her and their child sake. So there is some sweetnesss to the end and not just a bitter tragic ending for the most popular character's.

She dies, he reigns for the sake of their child? Not the worst ending I could imagine! Not at all!

19 minutes ago, TwiceBorn said:

She dies, he reigns for the sake of their child? Not the worst ending I could imagine! Not at all!

Or, if you want top be super dark and tragic, he kills her knowing she is carrying their child because he is over the Targaryan bloodline entirely.

I personally never liked the Targs (Valyrians in general). How did a bunch of ABBA lookalikes evolve in an approximately middle eastern part of their planet anyway?

19 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I personally "liked" ep3 as well, even if I have several major issues with it, but at the end of the day, that episode alone didn't ruin GoT for me in the same way that ep4 did.

I agree. Despite complaining about it endlessly and how stupid it becomes towards the end (and on rewatches) — it is still a spectacle that I can’t deny enjoying.  I get why it was for some people “the” episode that broke the fandom but, IMO, if people bought the wight hunt they will buy that the living would have such a dumb battle plan.

Episode 4 on the other hand deserves that low score and lower.  It was rushed, it ruined character arcs, it made no sense and it was just unpleasant. Not in the GoT sense but in a generally “I pay a subscription to watch this and it plays like a 14 year old’s first fanfic.”

On 5/8/2019 at 8:16 AM, MinscS2 said:

Most people are not as clever as they imagine. When D&D do something that the fans want, they are accused of fan service. When they don't like what they did, they scream and shout.

I think I have pretty much worked out what D&D are up to here and there is a very logical reason for Missandei to be killed in this exact fashion. There is one major character that GRRM cares a lot about that is present in plain sight from start to finish that pretty much everyone on these boards is overlooking.

The key to GoT is the riddle of the sellsword.

If D&D have the ending in mind that I see, it would recapitulate every major plot point that the fans have complained about.

2 hours ago, hallam said:

Most people are not as clever as they imagine. When D&D do something that the fans want, they are accused of fan service. When they don't like what they did, they scream and shout.

I think I have pretty much worked out what D&D are up to here and there is a very logical reason for Missandei to be killed in this exact fashion. There is one major character that GRRM cares a lot about that is present in plain sight from start to finish that pretty much everyone on these boards is overlooking.

The key to GoT is the riddle of the sellsword.

If D&D have the ending in mind that I see, it would recapitulate every major plot point that the fans have complained about.

Cryptic

Archived