Kings Landing Revolt Theory

Tyrion1991

2 minutes ago, hallam said:

The people would not but the gold company might well know.

Though I kinda suspect the gold company end up being fried.

Rank and file?  Nah.  Maybe Strickland and some officers.

Agree re. the GC's fate.  Either they turn their cloaks or they get fried.  Off-chance is a defeat in the field.

52 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Rank and file?  Nah.  Maybe Strickland and some officers.

Agree re. the GC's fate.  Either they turn their cloaks or they get fried.  Off-chance is a defeat in the field.

We missed something. Why bring up Bron at all? Why have Tyrion buy him off?

Smart thing for Tyrion to do would be to try to buy off the Gold Company who are probably none too happy with the idea of fighting a dragon in the field.

Might come down to telling the gold company that Jon is the true heir. 

35 minutes ago, hallam said:

We missed something. Why bring up Bron at all? Why have Tyrion buy him off?

Smart thing for Tyrion to do would be to try to buy off the Gold Company who are probably none too happy with the idea of fighting a dragon in the field.

Might come down to telling the gold company that Jon is the true heir. 

Straight buying shouldn't work.  The GC's reputation is that they never break a contract, which means they turn down all counter-offers from their foes.

Jon's status as the true heir might work.  Might not. True heir' by itself wouldn't matter to mercenaries, who fight for the one who pays them.  Especially foreign mercenaries. 

The GC should have some Targaryens in it, no?  The Blackfyre descendants.  Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing.  Jon could pardon the Blackfyres and let them back into Westeros.   ' But any of Blackfyres could regard themselves as the 'true heir'.  And have their own 20,000 man private army.

Cersie probably rules over an undead population via Qyburn and only keeps the Golden Company around to see one last thing fulfilled:

A Lannister always pays his/her debts.

The Golden Company's purpose is then not to participate in the war, but to draw the crown's debt from the person who wins the throne.

Maybe she planed to set off to Essos to tell the tale of their mad queen, but it won't happen since Euron dumped her because of her faked pregnancy. After the throne melted, the queen's doctor became his insurance, but his hopes lie with Sansa.

If you look closely at the towers and walls of the Red Keep in the last episode (Cersei looking out over the courtyard when Missandei is chained inside) you will see barrels laying on top.  I suspect this is wildfire.  If anyone lights it (including Drogon) then you are going to have one massive fire that spreads rapidly.

2 hours ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

If you look closely at the towers and walls of the Red Keep in the last episode (Cersei looking out over the courtyard when Missandei is chained inside) you will see barrels laying on top.  I suspect this is wildfire.  If anyone lights it (including Drogon) then you are going to have one massive fire that spreads rapidly.

It looked like the whole cities population was being herded into the Red Keep. :unsure:

On 5/7/2019 at 1:11 PM, Chris is my name said:

Unfortunately I think the idea of having each Lannister brother kill a "mad" monarch to spare the smallfolk of KL will be too much for D & D to resist.

Naw, that would be a rerun. Each Lannister brother already killed his brother's father.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, A Time for Starks said:

The more I think about this, the more I like this as a possibility.  It would be poetic justice for Cersei to lose this way.  She never cared about the average person, and in addition are using them as human shields to protect herself.  On the flipside, Tyrion and Dany are going to great lengths to save the people of King's Landing. 

I could see Cersei dying by misadventure brought on by her own extremism, like turning a corridor corner too quickly to see that it's fallen away and her plunging into a huge moat she'd had lit with wildfire for her own protection.

I see cersei getting killed by jaime. Not because of that prophecy but just because it would be his complete circle. He killed aerys to save KL and then became the arrogant as*hole who didn't care about honor at all. Now he goes back to cersei and does the right thing by stopping her from killing the people of KL and killing her. Of course I see him killing himself after this as well.

Of course if we see the common people show some back bone and defeat cersei rather then starve i would applaude that since it should have happened long ago. When a monarch does what she did at the end of season six she better have some very strong support and yet she had none except the mountain and qyburn and jaime. However if they didn't rebel after that then I doubt they will now.

Archived