Euron, Tyrion and Cersei's pregnancy

So Tyrion stands at the city gates of KL and loudly discusses Cercei's (alleged?) pregnancy with her. He never mentions that Jamie is the father, but still... 

Euron stands grinning by Cersei's side. Shouldn't he really be asking her how Tyrion could know about "their" baby?

We can only hope the show has this much depth still, but with only two episodes left I doubt it.  In season 7 Euron was playing the equal to Cersei and playing it like he wanted to just use her to get on the throne himself.  This season he's just been her loyal puppy right by her side.  I didn't see anything remarkable in his facial expression when Tyrion brought that pregnancy up.

Urine didn't notice that she was quite far into pregnancy while they were together.  She is also confident when she gives birth to a healthy child a couple of months after becoming pregnant (from Urine's perspective) that he won't figure it out.  Clearly Urine has the IQ of a barnacle and is just a savant when it comes to firing ballistas.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:21 PM, Lord Buckethead said:

So Tyrion stands at the city gates of KL and loudly discusses Cercei's (alleged?) pregnancy with her. He never mentions that Jamie is the father, but still... 

Euron stands grinning by Cersei's side. Shouldn't he really be asking her how Tyrion could know about "their" baby?

Unless Qyburn has found a way for her to show no signs of pregnancy I don't see how Euron wouldn't have realised himself?

So if we say he didn't realise she was pregnant and he ignores the fact that Tyrion knew, what about when Cersei gives birth isn't he going to think how quick her pregnancy was? That would be the third sign and realistically the last before he surely comes to realise he's been played.

It makes sense from Cersei's point of view as to why she would lie to him as it would ensure he remains loyal to her. He can always die helping her to win the war or she can get rid of him later, that would be absolutely no problem for her.

The probable answer for Euron is that his hunger for power has blinded him from the truth. I don't think he cares about whether or not the child is his, he only wanted to have a child to bring him closer to Cersei and rule alongside her. As long as she's accepting of him the child is irrelevant .

5 hours ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

Unless Qyburn has found a way for her to show no signs of pregnancy I don't see how Euron wouldn't have realised himself?

So if we say he didn't realise she was pregnant and he ignores the fact that Tyrion knew, what about when Cersei gives birth isn't he going to think how quick her pregnancy was? That would be the third sign and realistically the last before he surely comes to realise he's been played.

It makes sense from Cersei's point of view as to why she would lie to him as it would ensure he remains loyal to her. He can always die helping her to win the war or she can get rid of him later, that would be absolutely no problem for her.

The probable answer for Euron is that his hunger for power has blinded him from the truth. I don't think he cares about whether or not the child is his, he only wanted to have a child to bring him closer to Cersei and rule alongside her. As long as she's accepting of him the child is irrelevant .

They’ve  made Euron so obnoxiously stupid that he probably doesn’t even know where babies come from. 

1 hour ago, Lady Dayne said:

Cersei isn't concerned about Euron figuring out the child isn't his, because she doesn't plan on having him around once the battle is over. He was always a pawn/useful idiot. 

No doubt Cersei would think that, but I seriously doubt she would betray Euron without having better allies, and at this moment, it doesn't look like she will get better allies than Euron in the future, he is the best ally she can ever get right now.

1 minute ago, Erkan12 said:

No doubt Cersei would think that, but I seriously doubt she would betray Euron without having better allies, and at this moment, it doesn't look like she will get better allies than Euron in the future, he is the best ally she can ever get right now.

She needs allies now, to help her fight the war. After the war is won, she’ll be more than happy to off him to prevent him from challenging her.

she really has no choice but to off him, honestly. He’s made it clear he’s a wild card, and she’ll never be able to truly trust him. 

Just now, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

She needs allies now, to help her fight the war. After the war is won, she’ll be more than happy to off him to prevent him from challenging her.

she really has no choice but to off him, honestly. He’s made it clear he’s a wild card, and she’ll never be able to truly trust him. 

Dorne and North already hate her guts, and now that the Freys are dead Riverlands are in a mess, as long as Yara is alive Iron Islands in a mess too, we know nothing of Stormlands current situation, as well as the Reach after Randyll Tarly's death there won't be any help coming for them, and the Vale is under the control of Sansa as well.

Even if she wins against Dany and Jon, she would still need Euron in the future, because she has no other ally.

6 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

They’ve  made Euron so obnoxiously stupid that he probably doesn’t even know where babies come from. 

This show doesn't fail to surprise me when it comes to portraying the characters from the book in the complete opposite way. The few characters that shared resemblance to how they are in the book have been slowly ruined.

So you're probably right in saying he probably doesn't even know where babies come from, They've told him it's his and he's accepted it - nothing else seems to matter. 

Archived