Dany’s Three Betrayals

Petitephlox

Hi! Remember the prophecy in the House of the Undying, with the three betrayals Dany will know? One for blood, one for gold, and one for love?

Which do you believe we’ve seen thus far, and which is still coming? One for blood seems like Mirri Maz Duur’s trickery, one for gold - early Jorah? Hizdahr zo Loraq? And one for love: Jon??? 

I know a lot of folks are theorizing Jon will kill Dany - is that because he’s trying to stop her from destroying KL/innocent people? If so, how does that fit the above prophecy? He’s not betraying her out of love in that case. And how would that fit into the Azor Ahai prophecy, too? Her spirit melds with the sword and so he’s able to bring about the end of Cersei’s rule? It doesn’t seem to quite fit for me. What do you all think?

12 hours ago, Petitephlox said:

Hi! Remember the prophecy in the House of the Undying, with the three betrayals Dany will know? One for blood, one for gold, and one for love?

Which do you believe we’ve seen thus far, and which is still coming? One for blood seems like Mirri Maz Duur’s trickery, one for gold - early Jorah? Hizdahr zo Loraq? And one for love: Jon??? 

I know a lot of folks are theorizing Jon will kill Dany - is that because he’s trying to stop her from destroying KL/innocent people? If so, how does that fit the above prophecy? He’s not betraying her out of love in that case. And how would that fit into the Azor Ahai prophecy, too? Her spirit melds with the sword and so he’s able to bring about the end of Cersei’s rule? It doesn’t seem to quite fit for me. What do you all think?

Isn't it more a betrayal "in" love. Like, not "for" love?

The person comitting the betrayal is someone in he circle of the loved, or something like that. 

If Jon kills Danny it will be to protect the innocent or something like that. But that would be an awfully big twist. One that probably no one would like. 

Fairly certain Danny will go a bit Viserys on us, if not Aerys. That would put Goodie Two-Shoes of the North in a bind. But a Jaime Lannister Backstab sort of bind?

2 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

Isn't it more a betrayal "in" love. Like, not "for" love?

The person comitting the betrayal is someone in he circle of the loved, or something like that. 

I believe the quote is “for love,” - but it certainly can be interpreted as someone she loves, someone who betrays her for love of ....someone/something else? Someone who betrays her for their love of her...or she betrays herself for love of someone?

3 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Did that even happen in the show? I don't remember.

No, that prophecy has never been mentioned in the show.

Not that it matters, because ultimately neither of the prophecies that have been mentioned in the show has come to any sort of conclusion...

52 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

No, that prophecy has never been mentioned in the show.

Indeed. Which does not mean that the three betrayals might not occur anyway.

52 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

Not that it matters, because ultimately neither of the prophecies that have been mentioned in the show has come to any sort of conclusion...

Well, Cersei's became true so far, probably due to her own efforts. I expect this prophecy to continue to come true.

Daenerys' visions in the House of the Undying might come to some conclusion, too.

But yes, I am disappointed about dropping the Lightbringer and Prince that was Promised issues so lamely.

Mirri Maaz Duur for blood, Xharo was gold, and I FIRMLY believed Jorah was going to be the one to kill her at the end, out of love for her and love for Westeros. Presumably after she went too far in something and he no longer had a choice. 

Obviously that theory was crap lol. I guess if it’s even still relevant, it’s Jon now. 

For love doesn’t need to mean love for her or anyone she loves. She might be betrayed by someone because of their love for someone else, like for example Tyrion betrays her to save Jaime, or Jon betrays her to save Arya, or Grey Worm betrays her for Missandei etc.

22 hours ago, Petitephlox said:

Forget about Azor Ahai. The Night King is no more, so the Darkness vs Light plot line has ended...

1 hour ago, Petitephlox said:

True - I was thinking it may be love for Westeros or love for family (for Jon, since we have been getting a ton of this family/the pack foreshadowing). 

That’s what I always thought as well and why I thought Jorah would be the one to do her in  

Dany has not done a good job of keeping the prophecies in the front of her mind, and parsing them intelligently

7 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Yep Jon’s love for his family is a good bet.

I can't see Jon betraying her for his family IF he knows Sansa is a snitch. I mean, he would have to chose between her whom he loves, and that always kept her word for him (if I remember correctly). And Sansa that even if she is family too, betrayed him, knowing all the implication. 

3 hours ago, Targaryen Peas said:

I can't see Jon betraying her for his family IF he knows Sansa is a snitch. I mean, he would have to chose between her whom he loves, and that always kept her word for him (if I remember correctly). And Sansa that even if she is family too, betrayed him, knowing all the implication. 

She didn’t betray him any more than he « betrayed » Dany by telling her. But I don’t consider either a betrayal. Sansa is not acting against Jon’s interests in telling Tyrion. She knows that Tyrion is not going to consider the info a reason to kill Jon or act against him. But she also knows that Tyrion is in a better position to be the judge of if Dany can be trusted as queen of the 7 kingdoms including the North, or if Jon would be the better King.

19 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

She didn’t betray him any more than he « betrayed » Dany by telling her.

Dany didn't make him swear. And even when he showed her that he would probably not lie to his family. She answered by something like "there's only one way for us to be together" Implying that he could still do it.

Jon though, made Sansa swear. And he didn't reveal anything until they both swore.

So today swearing means nothing, but in that setting, and for Jon before anyone else. 

Yes, it is a betrayal. 

Archived