The Starks are dead inside

A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell. Arya is not no one. Why always repeating this wrong notion?!

Bran is the three-eyed raven which is obviously a very gross destiny.

Sansa is fully alive, she learned her lessons, she is as alive and complex as Littlefinger was, she is a Stark nonetheless.

Jon is half Stark, half Targaryen. As Sansa is half Stark, half Tully. Everyone man on earth is half mother, half father. Jon is not more Targaryan than he is Stark.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

Jon is not more Targaryan than he is Stark.

Well, Jon’s isn’t really Jon or Stark, he is Aegon Targaryen. He does still possess Stark blood, but he can’t carry on the Stark name. That would be like Bran having a kid (everyone knows he won’t) and naming it Tully. Seems pretty out of place. 

18 minutes ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Well, Jon’s isn’t really Jon or Stark, he is Aegon Targaryen. He does still possess Stark blood, but he can’t carry on the Stark name. That would be like Bran having a kid (everyone knows he won’t) and naming it Tully. Seems pretty out of place. 

Then Jon would be a Targaryen only in name.

He has Stark blood and he was raised as a Stark for his entire life.

1 hour ago, Greenmonsterff said:

People changes their names. The Karstarks were Starks but over time they become known as Karstarks.  Plus as a legitimate child of Lyanna Stark Jon is now in line to inherit Winterfell after Bran, Sansa and Arya. 

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

A girl is Arya Stark of Winterfell. Arya is not no one. Why always repeating this wrong notion?!

During 9 long years, we all came to love Arya as the enchantingly wild and independent girl she was. 

In season 8, she suddenly appears as a dumb and obedient puppet on "mastermind" Sansa´s strings.

8 minutes ago, Torienne said:

In season 8, she suddenly appears as a dumb and obedient puppet on "mastermind" Sansa´s strings.

What? How so?! Not at all. She even leaves Winterfell and does not intend to return (whatever this is supposed to mean). She is definietly NOT an puppet of Sansa. Which instances do you have in mind where Arya reacts like a puppet?

Arya orders her own weapon custom-made for her, she takes her sexuality into her own hands, she fighty valiantly in the Great War and heroically defeats the Nightking. She voluntarily misses the great feast after the war. 

Arya asks Jon "to have a word" and Arya somehow contradicts Sansa when she admits that she has respect for Jon's decision to join forces with Daenerys "because they needed her armies and dragons" in E4. Arya is independet and has her own opinions and aims.

What is true, however, is that the two sisters got closer to each other and trust each other. The pack survives. 

You can relax and continue to enjoy the Arya arc.

Bran - completely useless, dead as a person.

Jon - completely incompetent, a loser, died, targeryan.

Arya - loner, killer, faceless, creepy, childlike, no interested in marriage.

Sansa - black widow, seems sterile, not trusting of men, dead inside.

Like the dire-wolves. Maybe that is what they mean by bittersweet.

3 hours ago, Kajjo said:

Sansa is fully alive, she learned her lessons, she is as alive and complex as Littlefinger was, she is a Stark nonetheless.

Littlefinger was not "complex". - Littlefinger was purely and entirely evil, eroded by envy and lust for power.

Sansa indeed seems to habe learned his lessons well and extremely quickly.

4 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

What? How so?! Not at all. She even leaves Winterfell and does not intend to return (whatever this is supposed to mean). She is definietly NOT an puppet of Sansa. Which instances do you have in mind where Arya reacts like a puppet?

Arya orders her own weapon custom-made for her, she takes her sexuality into her own hands, she fighty valiantly in the Great War and heroically defeats the Nightking. She voluntarily misses the great feast after the war. 

Arya asks Jon "to have a word" and Arya somehow contradicts Sansa when she admits that she has respect for Jon's decision to join forces with Daenerys "because they needed her armies and dragons" in E4. Arya is independet and has her own opinions and aims.

What is true, however, is that the two sisters got closer to each other and trust each other. The pack survives. 

You can relax and continue to enjoy the Arya arc.

I am extremely sad that I cannot enjoy her arc any more. I have the powerful anticipation that Arya goes to Kingslanding to kill - not Cersei, but  Dany. Thus supporting Sansa´s plan of installing Jon as the ruler of the seven kingdoms who will not bother her in the North.

Speculation, I know. But - - - .

1 minute ago, Torienne said:

Littlefinger was not "complex". - Littlefinger was purely and entirely evil, eroded by envy and lust for power.

No, he was a complex figure and in Game of Thrones there is not "entirely evil". The characters are believable and resemble real-life. "Pure evil" is a more religious-type concept rather than a fair description of living people or GoT characters.

Littlefinger comes from a lower noble house, lived through hardship is his young years, fell in love with Catelyn Tully and was refused, he was defeated physically with a scar for life and emotionally scarred as well. He had to cope with Ned Stark marrying Catelyn and Lysa wanting him but him not wanting her. He has the greed for power, the ambition to work himself up from very low to very high and he succeeds quite a lot with becoming Masters of Coin and member of the Small Council. What he lacked in physical strength he made up with perseverance, intelligence, intrigues, and ruthlessness. Littlefinger is a scheming villain, but he is not pure evil. He was once deeply in love with Catelyn, probably his whole life. The one-sided love scarred him emotionally so much he has never been open to other romances. 

I really appreciate Game of Thrones being so nuanced. I really despise talking about characters in total black-and-white. Please honor the storyline and stay realistic.

1 minute ago, Torienne said:

I am extremely sad that I cannot enjoy her arc any more. I have the powerful anticipation that Arya goes to Kingslanding to kill - not Cersei, but  Dany. Thus supporting Sansa´s plan of installing Jon as the ruler of the seven kingdoms who will not bother her in the North.

Not impossible, but unlikely. I wouldn't like that, too.

I focus on the scene I have watched, though, and not on speculation. You start not to enjoy the show based on speculation? That makes no sense to me.

4 hours ago, Greenmonsterff said:

Which is the reason why in the end he gives up on Ghost. By distancing himself from the direwolf, which is the sigil of House Stark, he rejects somehow his Stark blood, fully embracing the Targaryan legacy (he even enjoys riding dragons) and probably his claim to the throne. We'll see in the next episodes, I guess.

I'd say that it is a mistake, as he was the one telling Theon he should not decide whether he's Greyjoy or Stark, he'll be always part of both.

And so is Jon. But since the beginning of the show, even when he tought he was Ned's son, he kept on saying "I'm not a Stark". Apparently he never felt one. No matter what Sansa or Arya say --hell, even Ned Stark "You have my blood". Jon never felt a Stark.

Bran is another one rejecting the Stark legacy, apparently

Archived