The episode's director explains why Jon and Ghost's farewell scene was so "cold"

I kind of understand this explanation, and to be honest green screen scenes often look kind of lame.

In retrospect, they probably should have just gotten really big dogs, say malamutes or exceptionally large huskies, to play the direwolfs. You could use some old fashioned tricks, as in Lord of Rings, to make them look larger. You would have lost a bit of impact on their size, but it would have been easy to incorporate them routinely and naturally.

I'm still hoping that this isn't the end of Ghost on the show and that's why the goodbye wasn't really much of a goodbye.  It seems crazy they would bring back Ghost just for like 3 scenes of him sitting there doing nothing just to send him off like this.  I suppose it's possible that almost all of his scenes ended up being cut for reasons similar to this, but I'm hopeful that @Astrotherapist's theory is correct, and that Tormund's line was foreshadowing Jon would return North and Ghost isn't done on this show.

WTF! Unbelievable. This wasn't even a "direwolf", Ghost size was that of a normal wolfdog, they could have filmed a scene just with a white wolfdog and later added the red eyes and the injured ear. Even I can make that with after effects in my home computer!

So disrespectful to the audience!

On 5/8/2019 at 10:16 AM, Red Dragon10 said:

I think unfortunately the people in charge of the show do not understand the audience or what people really value.  I saw a tweet somewhere that essentially said people would give up scenes of spectacle with the dragons in order to have one emotional, teary goodbye with Ghost.  Emotion over spectacle. 

I think there is a statement out there where D&D said they made the kind of show they'd like to watch.

I guess they liking watching garbage.

Archived