Tyrion: No Longer the Smartest Guy in the Room

2 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

That makes no sense, but then not a single leak these days seems to make any form of sense...

Since the script does not make sense anymore how are the leaks going to make sense anymore? 

Does even Jamie going back to Cersei after she sent Bron to assasinate him makes sense?

https://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones-jaime-cersei-daenerys-kings-landing-director-david-nutter-last-of-the-starks-season-8-episode-leaks/

I hope they are just trolling us. 

David Nutter: Well, I think that once Jaime realizes what Cersei has done after hearing from Sansa and Brienne about the killing of the dragon and so forth, he knows that she’s in deep trouble and that feeling that he was trying to escape, and that responsibility he was trying to escape, and that feeling and care for his sister that he was trying to forget basically came back in like a waterfall. And a tiger can’t change his stripes and he couldn’t let go of that. So I think this really caused him this profound conflict that he needs to basically go to his sister and go back to her as he has many, many times before.

I don't think Jaime's heel turn was handled well (pretty much nothing is these latter seasons), but I think it is a very reasonable character arc.  He is like an addict.  How many people in our lives go back to lovers who are horrible for them?  It is a common problem. 

It just needed better writing.

Summa summarum: Tyrion was spying for Cersei all along. He got a message sent from Cersei by Bronn. Tyrion didn't expect Jaime to leave back to Cersei because he had found happiness with Brienne. Does Tyrion even know that Jaime left?

Jaime instead realized what was going on between Tyrion and Cersei and went to stop her. Jaime will mess Tyrion's plans because Tyrion doesn't want to see either Jaime or Cersei dead.

Varys will find out about Tyrion but Tyrion is smart and quick enough to make Dany believe that Varys is plotting a treason and Varys will die.

That would be kinda fun...

@Nightwish

So how do you explain the Valonqar? Was it Tyrion all along? It’s a possibility of course, but if it’s not and if it’s Jaime, so he goes back to KL to Cersei because he cannot change what he is or because, as Nikolaj Coster-Waldau-Waldau said last year in an interview,

When he left Cersei, the subtext of his exit was, “I don’t love you anymore. . . . I’m calling your bluff, and, you know, you can’t hurt me now because my heart has been destroyed by you. You can’t hurt me anymore than you already have.” 

whatever it was that he felt for Cersei, is now dead. 

If they want us to believe that in just few hours he destroys years of building up, so be it. I don’t buy it. To the last scene with Tyrion, to whom he has no reason to lie, he’s saying he has found his happiness with Brienne. Then, from the moment Bronn enters that room, everything goes south for the future he he has chosen.

The other thing that made me thinking is that he doesn’t go to KL because he has news that Cersei is in trouble, but because Dany is and she may not win. So, as every Lannister, he wants to be on the winning side. And, as lousy as the script is for many characters, in Jaime’s case is left ambiguous to the very end. I find it brilliant. Until now, that is.

8 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

@Nightwish

So how do you explain the Valonqar? Was it Tyrion all along? It’s a possibility of course, but if it’s not and if it’s Jaime, so he goes back to KL to Cersei because he cannot change what he is or because, as Nikolaj Coster-Waldau-Waldau said last year in an interview,

whatever it was that he felt for Cersei, is now dead. 

If they want us to believe that in just few hours he destroys years of building up, so be it. I don’t buy it. To the last scene with Tyrion, to whom he has no reason to lie, he’s saying he has found his happiness with Brienne. Then, from the moment Bronn enters that room, everything goes south for the future he he has chosen.

The other thing that made me thinking is that he doesn’t go to KL because he has news that Cersei is in trouble, but because Dany is and she may not win. So, as every Lannister, he wants to be on the winning side. And, as lousy as the script is for many characters, in Jaime’s case is left ambiguous to the very end. I find it brilliant. Until now, that is.

I don’t explain it because I can’t remember if this was part of the show’s prophecy or just in the books.  

Its an issue whereas anyone tells us the reality behind what we see, i currently hope it’s not so straight forward as they present it. 

9 minutes ago, legba11 said:

Valonqar does not exist on the show.  Not to mention the show has thrown prophecies out the window, anyway.

Not all of them. Cersei’s prophecies were quite accurate until the Valonqar. It means they want to leave that open. Maybe it’s Jaime, maybe it’s Arya with Jaime’s masque. Or perhaps, like Tommen, Cersei commits suicide. 

No one is secure in GOT, but what defines the essence of GOT is making the show terribly predictable, too.

2 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

Not all of them. Cersei’s prophecies were quite accurate until the Valonqar. It means they want to leave that open. Maybe it’s Jaime, maybe it’s Arya with Jaime’s masque. Or perhaps, like Tommen, Cersei commits suicide. 

No one is secure in GOT, but what defines the essence of GOT is making the show terribly predictable, too.

We haven't ruled out Cersie dying in childbirth. That takes care of 4th kid and Jaime kills her (indirectly) unless little brother is supposed to have meant little boy baby all along...

1 hour ago, imp-ty said:

We haven't ruled out Cersie dying in childbirth. That takes care of 4th kid and Jaime kills her (indirectly) unless little brother is supposed to have meant little boy baby all along...

What I do not understand is how her child can be her little brother at the same time. Being Jaime the father, this could make the child her nephew (her brother’s child). Valonqar means “little brother” or “little cousin”, no? Or was it “little nephew”? I know it has a double meaning.

2 hours ago, imp-ty said:

1. A unnamed black haired baby who died of fever by Robert

2. Joffery the sadistic lego

3. Myrecella the pointless

4. Tommen the found god after smushing with Natalie Dormer at age 10?

5. Is the one we don't know yet.

Archived