Gendry Rivers

As you can see in the link below and last episode, Gendry refers to himself as "Gendry Rivers" i.e. a bastard of the Riverlands. I know that in the books, he had been established as born in the KL and therefore a Waters... Did the show not establish him as Crownlands-born as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP9_D33bflQ

Kind of a ridiculous mistake considering the showrunners had 2 years (and they've been involved with ASOIAF since 2010 for god's sake) to figure out:

- non-acknowledged bastards have no last names

- birthplace of Gendry is obviously not in Riverlands but in the Crownlands

2 minutes ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

Kind of a ridiculous mistake considering the showrunners had 2 years (and they've been involved with ASOIAF since 2010 for god's sake) to figure out:

- non-acknowledged bastards have no last names

- birthplace of Gendry is obviously not in Riverlands but in the Crownlands

I would LOVE the Gendry Rivers thing to be not an error or oversight by the show, but instead a small hint that Gendry isn’t really Gendry and he made a small error, or a sign of something else interesting and twisty 

but in the age of coffeecupgate, it’s probably just a screw up. How disappointing. 

1 minute ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I would LOVE the Gendry Rivers thing to be not an error or oversight by the show, but instead a small hint that Gendry isn’t really Gendry and he made a small error, or a sign of something else interesting and twisty

Come on, we know better than to dig for some hidden layers atm.

I'll eat my hat if D&D "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet" conjured that up...

5 minutes ago, Tyrek Lannister said:

Come on, we know better than to dig for some hidden layers atm.

I'll eat my hat if D&D "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet" conjured that up...

Come on, digging for hidden layers in GoT is all I have left in life

there must be something. Let’s hope whatever it is was SO MAJOR that it distracted them from literally everything else in the season. 

Archived