The Prince of Dorne (no leaks)

21 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I watched the episode 2 times. The second time I was even looking for this mention. Missed it anyway. I believe you, but when and where?

Skip to 1.15

5 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

I don't think it matters who the new Prince of Dorne. It was a throwaway line. 

I agree, probably not. But book readers know Edric, Edric knows Arya and Gendry, so at the very least it is interesting speculation material for book readers.

Hotpie. It would make just as much sense as everything else on the show right now. Or Daario and it turns out he's the real Aegon Targaryen, as he rides into King's Landing at the head of a whole army of dragons. While playing the electric guitar.

Seriously speaking, I think it was just a throwaway line to cover up bad story decisions. We will never see Dorne's amazing off-screen prince.

44 minutes ago, AGS Martell said:

Or maybe they mentioned it so as to make a Dornish army appear, along with Yara Greyjoy's navy, to help Daenerys take King's Landing

A part of me thinks this will be the case and Yara's fleet will take out Euron's because why not. But I think generic Dorne army could show up and help out Dany. She needs a "win" after they show them losing and almost everyone getting killed 10 different times.

2 hours ago, Hippocras said:

I agree, probably not. But book readers know Edric, Edric knows Arya and Gendry, so at the very least it is interesting speculation material for book readers.

I just think it doesn't matter for the show who the new Prince of Dorne is. If by some miracle D&D do decide to give the new Prince of Dorne a name. I'd rather it be a Yronwood then Edric Dayne. 

3 hours ago, Euron III Greyjoy said:

If we do actually find out who this new Prince of Dorne is, which I don't think we will by the way, I could see it being Edric Dayne, if only so that D&D could have some fanservice moment of showing him using Dawn. 

Sadly 98% of the fans who watch, don't even know what Dawn is. 

Or...a bit of an out there theory, maybe Dorne is the route the  Lord of Light takes for a last stand in this story. Makes sense if the Prince is Edric, because Edric was Beric’s squire and so likely a follower of R’hllor at this point.

Archived