The Prince of Dorne (no leaks)

30 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

I am not sure they were ever used. Yara was ambushed on the way to pick them up wasn’t she? Or was it afterwards?

Why they needed to be picked up anyway, they are not coming from Essos. I think it was afterwards, so Euron probably killed a good portion of Dornish army.

Even 5.000 men would be a great help considering the odds, perhaps that was the plot to not bringing the Dornish forces to North and for making Euron more important than he really is.

But it would be incredibly dumb if remaining forces of the Dornish army don't show up in the siege of KL at least, they should know that Dany is attacking the KL thanks to Varys.

5 hours ago, Hippocras said:

Or...a bit of an out there theory, maybe Dorne is the route the  Lord of Light takes for a last stand in this story. Makes sense if the Prince is Edric, because Edric was Beric’s squire and so likely a follower of R’hllor at this point.

Quite brilliant..I LOVE it!

11 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Somebody on the writing team remembered Dorne was a story line that existed, and they threw in a line to wrap it up and then fired that member of the writing team because how dare they appear superior to D&D. The prince has no name because it doesn't matter who he is. He's a footnote.

6 hours ago, Hippocras said:

I am not sure they were ever used. Yara was ambushed on the way to pick them up wasn’t she? Or was it afterwards?

She was ambushed on her way to Dorne.  The Dornish forces have not participated in any of the major fighting since Robert's death.  They have been in effect leaderless after the ambush.  We should assume some power struggle took place to decide on the new Prince or Princess.  But the Dornish forces should now be available for the new Prince to throw into the fray, if he desires to do so.  Only thing is they would have to make or fight their way through the Reach or the Stormlands to reach KL.

It doesn't make sense to mention that the Prince of Dorne ''pledges his support' without giving a name, surely it would be ''The Prince of Dorne, *NAME* pledges his support'' or ''*NAME* the Prince of Dorne pledges his support`'' unless the message carried by the raven only had ''The Prince of Dorne'' after the message.

Then again D&D just do things, they probably think there's no point of naming him as there's not enough time to explore his story. It was probably only mentioned so that if an army of Dornish turn up in support of Dany we know how it came about. If not then I guess it was only to mention that Dorne is still in existence and functioning.

Doesn't a Prince of Dorne have to be a Martell?  Since their royal status is based on Nymeria and her marriage to House Martell?  Any other family ruling Dorne would just be a lord.

The show even referred to Oberyn as a Prince of Dorne, so the idea that the title is just a moniker for the ruler of Dorne is false.

Surely Dorne, and whoever is now running things there, are aggrieved at the fact that their new leader and Bad Pussy we're last seen being led like dogs through the streets of Kings Landing and into the hands of a Lannister. Quite humiliating for Dorne really, they can't let that stand.

14 hours ago, WalkinDude said:

Doesn't a Prince of Dorne have to be a Martell?  Since their royal status is based on Nymeria and her marriage to House Martell?  Any other family ruling Dorne would just be a lord.

The show even referred to Oberyn as a Prince of Dorne, so the idea that the title is just a moniker for the ruler of Dorne is false.

So would it be Quentyn?

On 5/9/2019 at 12:46 AM, Ser Arthur Brightflower said:

Who do we think it is? I honestly have no idea, but why bring him up and quickly brush him off if he isn’t going to play a role. 

We have so many bastard offspring in Dorne and they do not care so much about bastard or high-born, that it is easily conceivable to have a new prince by acclamation or by simply taking the leadership. 

I really don't worry at all who might be prince there. Most probably we do not know him from the show. Does it really matter?

Each and every region will have a new leader, one way or other. 

Dynasties change. New houses rise. That is entirely normal.

Archived