It would make all the difference in the world...

6 minutes ago, darmody said:

The morality of murdering Danny was addressed on the show. With great emphasis and detail. Remember every member of the council offering reasons to do and Ned standing fast against his friend? 

Assassination, by the way, is known not to be a legal matter. The Tarlys' execution had the veneer of lawfulness. At least Robert was honest about it. 

I didn't say anything against Ned though so why do you refer to him? 

Apparently, we can't discuss if you consider assassinating a civilian far lighter than executing soldiers fighting against you. War and all possible risks it's part of their job description. 

The Northerners (especially the Stark sisters) should have been more grateful for what Daenerys has done for them.  Her willingness to go North has come at a great cost to her.  Delaying the attack on King’s Landing enabled Qyburn and Euron to build those large ballista which ultimately cost her Rhaegal.  Never mind  saving Jon  and others cost her Viserion. She has listened to her advisors (namely Tyrion) and it wiped out Yara’s fleet and Dorne’s.  Thank God she took out a lot of the Lannister Army during Loot Train Raid or Cersei’s troops would be even stronger.  I agree Barristan Selmy was a wise and better advisor than Tyrion and Varys.  I hate they killed him off.  Regardless, Daenerys has always found an inner strength when the cards seem decked against her.  For her to have a psychotic break and go mad now isn’t compatible with the narrative they’ve built for her over the past 7 seasons.   Cersei is the one who has always been the Mad Queen and I wouldn’t be surprised if she is the one to burn King’s Landing down with wildfire.  Daenerys will get blamed for it and be killed for it though. That is the tragedy.

33 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

What does that have to do with anything? What about Harambe?

Harambe 2020!  Keep the dream alive!

12 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Robert? No just assassinating pregnant ladies. Good man. 

A saaaaaaiiiiluh!  Good man.......where is Sack?  Well, then....we'll sail withouuuuuuuuuuut him!

Eddard Stark cut a guys head off for running away from whitewalkers, he later sends a band of men off to risk their lives to fight the mountain, mostly to soothe his wounded pride, knowing that king Robert wouldn't have allowed it. He also demands Tywin Lannister come to kingslanding within a forthnight or be named an enemy of the realm. What do you suppose would've happened if that order played out? and nobody called Ned insane did they? There will be a big double standard in the show if they play this mad Queen storyline through and it isn't a red herring like Arya vs Sansa. George has the talent and genius to write this plotline successfully but D&D are going to shoot themselves in the foot with this I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

Eddard Stark cut a guys head off for running away from whitewalkers, he later sends a band of men off to risk their lives to fight the mountain, mostly to soothe his wounded pride, knowing that king Robert wouldn't have allowed it. He also demands Tywin Lannister come to kingslanding within a forthnight or be named an enemy of the realm. What do you suppose would've happened if that order played out? and nobody called Ned insane did they? There will be a big double standard in the show if they play this mad Queen storyline through and it isn't a red herring like Arya vs Sansa. George has the talent and genius to write this plotline successfully but D&D are going to shoot themselves in the foot with this I'm afraid.

I agree there is so much atrocity, executions, cruelty, grey zones, unjustified murders in the show even from major characters  that I am afraid the "Mad Queen" theory can't play out in a convincing way. Furious is another thing and crazy another. When they referred to Aerys as mad King they meant crazy. 

4 minutes ago, darksellsword said:

I trust GRRM to write the narrative in such a way that it doesn’t sound so sudden or incomprehensible based on how he has portrayed the character throughout the series. That I could accept. 

3 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I trust GRRM to write the narrative in such a way that it doesn’t sound so sudden or incomprehensible based on how he has portrayed the character throughout the series. That I could accept. 

Bon Courage, personally I don't want to read the books with such an ending.  

5 hours ago, darmody said:

Yes. It would be good for companionship and security. But Barry was never a strategist or political player, was he? He couldn't do anything about Aerys' murder. He couldn't save Robert from Cersei. He did nothing to help Ned. He allowed himself to be pushed aside as soon as Joffrey was in power. 

But he was highly respected, even in the North, unlike all her other Westerosi advisors; a Lannister, Jorah ( who Ned didn't execute just because he couldn't catch him) and the Spider; all people somehow despicable for the Northeners. Having Barristan Selmy at her side I think that at least would have changed the perception of Northeners about her, and maybe granted her a less hostile "welcome". 

That  man  in ep 1 who spat at the sight of the Lannister brothers in Winterfell's courtyard, surely would not have done so to Selmy.

Archived