Aegon Targaryen and the IT

Wik

On 5/9/2019 at 5:10 PM, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

I guess my distinction between bittersweet and tragic is. Bittersweet is  The Last Samurai. Tragic is Seven. I don't have a problem with tragic endings but don't  tell me something is going to have a bittersweet ending like LoTR, then pull a Seven style ending. Especially with how D&D look to be doing it, according to leaks.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:53 PM, MinscS2 said:

This.

The general narrative in aSoIaF is overall tragic, but with hints of hope and happiness scattered throughout. 
A bittersweet ending (especially when we've over and over been lead to believe that's what we're getting) makes sense in this setting, after everything our (still living) characters have endured, suffered and fought for.
A tragic ending however, makes no sense at this point. It would ultimately make the whole endeavor feel pointless and hollow.

Agreed, people use this "bittersweet ending" GRRM said back in like 1995 as something that suggest the entire world is changed and or screwed over. I don't get what people think bittersweet is.....but my interpretations are that some good things happen, many bad things happen, some people you may like die, some people you may hate live, some people get grand rewards, some don't get shit. 

He has also said that a lot of his story is based on how events like War of the Roses unfolded. The end of that conflict was bitter sweet. So much blood shed and manipulation and at the end, not a whole lot was actually sorted out (certainly not sweeping reforms or changes as far as actual political systems). 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the general type of outcome here. 

10 minutes ago, Wik said:

He has also said that a lot of his story is based on how events like War of the Roses unfolded. The end of that conflict was bitter sweet. So much blood shed and manipulation and at the end, not a whole lot was actually sorted out (certainly not sweeping reforms or changes as far as actual political systems). 

Or, does the War of the Roses reference hint at a marriage between warring houses a la Henry VII and Elizabeth of York?

11 minutes ago, Lady Dayne said:

Or, does the War of the Roses reference hint at a marriage between warring houses a la Henry VII and Elizabeth of York?

I had absolutely thought about this before. There was a period where I was convinced Dany and Jon were getting married (prior to the show even). I just don't see it now. And I certainly don't see Cersei remaining queen or anyone making a match with her to sit the throne. 

If this was the arc, I feel like Dany, Cersei or Sansa are the only female characters that would fit the role, but then you have the issue of the male, in almost all cases. 

No male, except Jon, would have heritage and title to make Sanse queen. 

Jon marrying Cersei (:lmao:) would be cruel punishment indeed.

Dany could marry any one but if the prophecy of her having children is true, she can't have an heir and then you still have the issue of Jon's claim being better. 

If Jon is king and Dany goes bonkers/dies, then who would be queen? The only reasonable one I can think of is Sansa.....It's laughable to think Cersei will remain in any position of power, let alone queen. 

There is no female from House Arryn, House Tyrell, House Tully or really any of the other houses that the show has completely neglected. They would literally have to just make up some random female outside of the main ones we know that would be suited to be a queen, as far as bloodlines go. The female character pool is VERY shallow at this point and I would be shocked if they just "pulled a woman out of a hat" trick to get a queen. 

On 5/11/2019 at 6:42 PM, Wik said:

I get that, I'm just pointing out, ALOT of people are claiming he won't be king and when pressed on it they say, "He doesn't want to". 

There is precedence for this with Jon, where he doesn't want it, doesn't feel fit, but then takes the mantle when hoisted on him because he feels duty or honor bound, JUST as he did with the NW and the LC. My point is simply that having had that happen, there is precedence in his character to not want something and end up doing it anyhow, which is in direct contradiction to the "He doesn't want to," excuse of people.  

You have raised a good point, there's no doubting that.

I'm just saying I feel as if the circumstances are different. Remember how he felt after what happened to Ygritte, I'm not sure he would want to end up with another dead lover especially as he has a chance to avoid it this time.

2 hours ago, Wik said:

LMFAO!!! Wat???!!!

Arya has got to kill someone with green eyes (dany); brown (walker frey), night king (blue)....

Arya is azor ahai 

For shock value, it will be seen as jon...but will be revealed as arya later...I  bet dany is revealed as pregnant too in e6.

Jon and dany are connected...now it is her turn to take a knife in the heart for her people.

How jon and dany close their arcs is debatable atm

1 hour ago, Sir Hedge of Hog said:

Arya has got to kill someone with green eyes (dany); brown (walker frey), night king (blue)....

Arya is azor ahai 

For shock value, it will be seen as jon...but will be revealed as arya later...I  bet dany is revealed as pregnant too in e6.

Jon and dany are connected...now it is her turn to take a knife in the heart for her people.

How jon and dany close their arcs is debatable atm

I think the AA arc is gone in the show, completely undone and irrelevant. 

Dany, regardless of what this SHITTY show portrays, has PURPLE eyes, not green. So, if they do this it would just be another lame, stupid, FU to the fans. 

Dany needs to die.....and I am confident it won't happen this way, but I would love for Jon to pass sentence on Dany and pull out Longclaw as Eddard did Ice and dispense the King's Justice. 

I honestly couldn't care less. I am sure Arya will end up doing it instead. Doesn't matter though, this whole season has been trash. I'll wait till 2040 for the books.

Archived