Who's left to marry Sansa

On 5/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, Flightless bird said:

I do think she will end up like queen Elizabeth, but i don't think she needs an excuse to do so. Who would be in a position to question her when its all over. 

Yeah i have the feeling shes on a QE story arc.

4 hours ago, 420faceless said:

They already are married

They already were married. It was never consummated and was subsequently annulled. She's been wed and widowed since then. I suppose if he doesn't get his  head lopped off before the end of Episode 6, they could get married once again.

33 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

They already were married. It was never consummated and was subsequently annulled. She's been wed and widowed since then. I suppose if he doesn't get his  head lopped off before the end of Episode 6, they could get married once again.

Technically, they are still married, no divorce there. Also a northern wedding is significantly different to a southern one. Theres nothing to indicate they are NOT married and that could play a factor, as tyrion and sansa hinted at this caginess.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:28 PM, Lady Dayne said:

I've never been a shipper, and I'm not advocating this, but I'm somewhat surprised no one has considered a Sansa + Jon scenario. Sansa's behavior towards Dany makes more sense if it's based in jealousy. 

They grew up as siblings. That would be more incestous than him sleeping with his aunt who he had never known. Not in genetic terms, but definitely psychologically. So, that would be messed up in my opinion.  But who knows.

4 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

It can only be annulled by the church, at least in the books, if I remember correctly. Don't remember them actually addressing that in the show. Guess it was just inferred that the marriage was null and void bc it was never consummated.

Just now, TNTW said:

None in Kings Landing, but many in other places, including Oldtown.

We are talking the post Season 4 show here, where nothing offscreen exists.

And realistically there should have been still smaller Septs around Kings Landing, and the Sept at Oldtown should have started getting angry at Cersei two seasons ago.

2 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

We are talking the post Season 4 show here, where nothing offscreen exists.

And realistically there should have been still smaller Septs around Kings Landing, and the Sept at Oldtown should have started getting angry at Cersei two seasons ago.

True, but there are simply too many holes in show, which is somewhat understandable. Or it would run for another decade.

3 hours ago, TNTW said:

True, but there are simply too many holes in show, which is somewhat understandable. Or it would run for another decade.

It's almost as if it's a bad idea to introduce plot points that don't make sense to begin with and which the narrative cannot follow through with.

Has the Faith of the Seven been wiped out? How did that even happen?! Sure, the Faith Militant have been eradicated, but the Faith of the Seven is far bigger than those fanatics. There countless septs all over the continent, even some in the North (the Manderlys worship the faith of the seven). 

As for who Sansa will marry? I don't think she will, at least not in the show. At this stage, it's hardly relevant. 

55 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

It's almost as if it's a bad idea to introduce plot points that don't make sense to begin with and which the narrative cannot follow through with.

Oh yeah. Who would have thunk it.....

I had believed for some years that in the end she would marry Sandor, and that in the end the clegane house would definitely join the Stark house, with Sandor and Sansa having puppies. There were some "winks" of that in the first seasons, like the scene in which Sandor tells Sansa that his children were going to be murderers or When Robert told Ned that a wolf was not a pet for a girl and what better he will get her a dog.

Apparently all this was discarded entirely.

On the show: Any of the surviving Stark/Arryn lords (well all of the Vale lords apparently since they stayed home), the Riverlords, the Reachlords, the new prince of Dorne, the never seen nobility of Dorne, Tormund, Davos, cousin Jon, Gendry, a Stormlords...the answer is pretty much A LOT OF HOMBRES.

Archived