Jon and Ghost (why he didn’t say goodbye)

6 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

I'm a little surprised at the backlash on this one.

He didn't go up and hug him and all that, because it was meant to be the type of goodbye that says don't follow me.  It has to be a bit cold, sorry dog lovers.  Or wolf whatever.  

All well and good, but it’s a pretty disappointing close to the whole direwolf  arc they established in the pilot episode. 

If they aren’t relevant, why bother to waste CGI budget by introducing them at all? 

10 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

It’s not even that hard to manipulate the perspective of the viewer to allow for major size differences. There’s plenty that can be done with simple camera tricks.

Yes, you are right. There's a lot they could have done. My point (and I think we are in agreement) that it was a failure on the production side of things and that performing mental acrobatics to find a story justification is pointless.

9 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

I'm a little surprised at the backlash on this one.

He didn't go up and hug him and all that, because it was meant to be the type of goodbye that says don't follow me.  It has to be a bit cold, sorry dog lovers.  Or wolf whatever.  

The Starks (and before you say anything, Jon is still half a Stark) and their respective dire wolves are supposed to be bonded on a deep, spiritual level. They are almost two halves of the same being.
Jon is sending half of himself beyond the Wall, never to see Ghost again. There should have been more emotion involved. Nothing to do with "dog lovers".

On 5/11/2019 at 12:42 PM, Orphalesion said:

The Starks (and before you say anything, Jon is still half a Stark) and their respective dire wolves are supposed to be bonded on a deep, spiritual level. They are almost two halves of the same being.
Jon is sending half of himself beyond the Wall, never to see Ghost again. There should have been more emotion involved. Nothing to do with "dog lovers".

Well yea this is my point in creating the thread

he WAS this connected but to me it makes sense that he lost that connection. Wether that was after he was reborn, or after he got on a dragon, I don’t know but he’s clearly not even stroked him for a while now 

Archived