Houses dying out

balazs

It seems to me that most of the big houses of Westeros will disappear, even most of the smaller houses. Apart from Tully, Tarly, Arryn and Targaryan...

Tyrells, Baratheons, Martells already gone

Starks soon

Freys, Boltons, Umbers, Mormonts from the smaller ones

Lannisters and Greyjoys might survive, depending on the endgame.

Whoever sits on the Iron throne, will not have to be afraid of the seven kingdoms falling apart... What do you think?

Tullys are gone too. At least I don’t expect to see Edmure. I’m sure he starved to death in the Twins dungeons after Arya killed everybody and there was nobody to feed him. Arryn is still around but who the hell cares about sweetrobin? 

I’m sure the Starks will survive and so will at least one or two of the Lannisters. I don’t think the show recognizes the existence of any other houses at this point. It’s become so polarized and black and white. 

Gendry will have the chance to carry the Baratheon name now at least, he's the last.

Starks look doomed unless Sansa and Arya pop some bastards out.

Sams kept the Tarlys going for another generation for now.

Targs are basically relying on Jon knocking Dany up at this point.

As the show is ending, it doesn't really matter, but pretending this fictitious world did exist, I assume that there would be plenty of people left, various relations near and distant, laying claim to the various seats of power, most Westerosi houses not being as inbred as the Targaryens were.

4 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

As the show is ending, it doesn't really matter, but pretending this fictitious world did exist, I assume that there would be plenty of people left, various relations near and distant, laying claim to the various seats of power, most Westerosi houses not being as inbred as the Targaryens were.

This is is the truth but as to the OP

Starks will live on, Sansa can marry and the man takes the Stark name, precedent has already been set for this

Tulley, Edmure has a male heir already and Jaime released him when he took Riverrun

Targaryen, I assume Dany is currently pregnant

Lannister, Jaime or Tyrion or Cerseis baby may live.

Gendry was just legitimized so that's an easy one

Frey? Eh who cares. Give it to someone else loyal to the North.

Highgarden, definitely won't be Bronn!

Mormont, they never said Lyanna was the only Mormont left did they, just that she was the next heir? Same with the Umbers, little Eddard, i think his name was, I am sure he has a cousin who can pick up the name.

Sansa is most likely to pass on the Stark name. Lannisters are so widely spread that there will always be some Lannister second cousin from some cadet branch that survives. This much I am willing to bet on.

As to Gendry, yes he was legitimized by Dany but she wasn't a recognized Queen of the Seven Kingdoms at the time. Gendry's legitimacy and the future of House Baratheon would only be valid if a Targaryen or Gendry himself ended up on the Throne by right of conquest.

20 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Tullys are gone too. At least I don’t expect to see Edmure. I’m sure he starved to death in the Twins dungeons after Arya killed everybody and there was nobody to feed him. Arryn is still around but who the hell cares about sweetrobin? 

I’m sure the Starks will survive and so will at least one or two of the Lannisters. I don’t think the show recognizes the existence of any other houses at this point. It’s become so polarized and black and white. 

Didn't Jaime promise to take Edmure to Casterly Rock after he handed over Riverrun? Is there any reason to believe he was left in Frey custody?

As for the Starks, the ones alive now can keep living but how do they produce a legitimate Stark heir? Two girls and a cripple who probably can't father a child. 

11 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Gendry will have the chance to carry the Baratheon name now at least, he's the last.

Starks look doomed unless Sansa and Arya pop some bastards out.

Sams kept the Tarlys going for another generation for now.

Targs are basically relying on Jon knocking Dany up at this point.

Lord Jon Tarly of Hornhill defeats his lieglord, Bronnie Bronnson II of Highgarden in single-combat for control of the Reach after Bronn rebels against King Daario Jorah Jon Drogo Targaryen, First of His Name. 

11 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

Seems like Walder Frey created like 100 inheritors in his 90 years of collecting wives. 

5 hours ago, darmody said:

Didn't Jaime promise to take Edmure to Casterly Rock after he handed over Riverrun? Is there any reason to believe he was left in Frey custody?

As for the Starks, the ones alive now can keep living but how do they produce a legitimate Stark heir? Two girls and a cripple who probably can't father a child. 

In season 6, Walder Frey tells Jaime Edmure is safely back in a cell after the Lannister-Frey forces retake Riverrun. 

Aw well, I’m sure the show will find a way. 

7 hours ago, darmody said:

In the books Jaime is having Edmure taken to Casterly Rock. Last I remember Edmure in the show was given back to the Freys after he handed over Riverun to Jaime. I'd guess we won't see Edmure again in show, maybe they'll mention him but I doubt that too.

5 minutes ago, Bran Snow said:

Edmure, the new Prince of Dorne, and Sweet Robin will probably be in the last episode bending the knee to who ever wins the Iron Throne. That will probably be all we ever see of any of them.

It would be funny if that's how they were announced, and the poor prince never did get a name.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:09 AM, balazs said:

It seems to me that most of the big houses of Westeros will disappear, even most of the smaller houses. Apart from Tully, Tarly, Arryn and Targaryan...

Tyrells, Baratheons, Martells already gone

Starks soon

Freys, Boltons, Umbers, Mormonts from the smaller ones

Lannisters and Greyjoys might survive, depending on the endgame.

Whoever sits on the Iron throne, will not have to be afraid of the seven kingdoms falling apart... What do you think?

Bolded houses are gone but mostly irrelevant to the future of Westeros one way or another. 

We JUST heard about a new Dornish Prince so I would imagine he is somehow related to the Martells, if even from a lesser branch. 

Baratheons literally just had Gendry legitimized..??

I thought there was still a (lesser) Tyrell floating around.

I think the chance of the Tully's vanishing is greater than Tyrell or Baratheons. Even Arryn might go away as Robin would have to have a HUGE character arc change (like puberty in a massive and really good way while actually being taught instead of coddled) in order to carry that line, where someone like The House Royce has proven themselves capable in their leader's absence. 

And obviously the Targs and Starks make it because Jon. 

On 5/10/2019 at 12:09 PM, balazs said:

Freys

No, Roslin Frey married Edmure Tully and they have a son. The Frey bloodline is intact.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Tullys are gone too.

No. See above. The Tully bloodline survived in a lot of people, e.g. Sansa and Arya are half Tully, as well as Sweet Robin is a half Tully.

Don't focus on surnames when discussing bloodlines.

Tyrells

They are supposedly extinct now. At least that was hinted at by Olenna before she died.

Baratheons

Baratheon bloodline continues in Gendry.

Martells

Martell bloodline continues in a lot of bastard children, among them several sand snakes that might have survived. We do not know about distant family anyway.

Boltons

Yes, they are supposed to be extinct.

Umbers, Mormonts

Unknown. Mormonts can be extinct, we do not enough about Umbers.

8 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

No, Roslin Frey married Edmure Tully and they have a son. The Frey bloodline is intact.

They are supposedly extinct now. At least that was hinted at by Olenna before she died.

Roslin's children would be Tullys not Freys. Plus Walder had several more daughters and probably underage sons/grandsons whom Arya would have likely spared (she went out of her way to prevent Walder's new wife from drinking the poisoned wine). Really we don't have any clue whether Arya killed all of Walder's sons or just the ones who had participated in the Red  Wedding.

With the Tyrells, a bunch of female cousins/nieces that have married  into other houses have good chances to survive the family's downfall. Sheer numbers make it unlikely that all of them were at the Sept to attend Loras' trial so they'd continue the bloodline in the same way Roslin would continue the Frey bloodline, which again would make their children members of the various houses of their husbands, not Tyrells.
Considering Olenna's dialogue with Tywin in Season 3 it appears Loras and Mace were the only male Tyrells though...

11 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

we do not enough about Umbers. 

We know that they were down to a child lord and that everyone at Last Harth was slaughtered by the White Walkers, again it's possible that there were some female Umbers that might have married into other houses and survived the "War" for the Dawn, but their children wouldn't be Umbers...

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

No. See above. The Tully bloodline survived in a lot of people, e.g. Sansa and Arya are half Tully, as well as Sweet Robin is a half Tully.

Don't focus on surnames when discussing bloodlines.

Baratheon bloodline continues in Gendry.

Martell bloodline continues in a lot of bastard children, among them several sand snakes that might have survived. We do not know about distant family anyway.

Yes, they are supposed to be extinct.

Unknown. Mormonts can be extinct, we do not enough about Umbers.

Yeah, you’re right, I did forget the baby Tully. 

As for the Tyrells, Margaery’s cousin Allana was the most beautiful girl she’d ever seen, she grew up to be the most beautiful woman and married an handsome lord and they have darling children and live in a castle by the sea. So as long as that was a Tyrell side cousin, the Tyrells have a chance too. 

Mormonts and Umbers and Karstarks all seem to be extinct in the show. At least we didn’t get any mentions of any remaining one of them. Then again, what does the show care? They might all be perfectly fine off camera. 

21 hours ago, dbunting said:

This is is the truth but as to the OP

Starks will live on, Sansa can marry and the man takes the Stark name, precedent has already been set for this

Tulley, Edmure has a male heir already and Jaime released him when he took Riverrun

Targaryen, I assume Dany is currently pregnant

Lannister, Jaime or Tyrion or Cerseis baby may live.

Gendry was just legitimized so that's an easy one

Frey? Eh who cares. Give it to someone else loyal to the North.

Highgarden, definitely won't be Bronn!

Mormont, they never said Lyanna was the only Mormont left did they, just that she was the next heir? Same with the Umbers, little Eddard, i think his name was, I am sure he has a cousin who can pick up the name.

No house mormont is gone now. Jorah said that she was the future of their house and since she is dead and jorah is too I think that is the end for them.

Well in the show we are to believe that all of house frey is gone but since edmure is married to a frey and got her pregnant we know it isn't.  Gendry will only be a baratheon if dany wins the throne.

House stark can survive if sansa lives and gets pregnant by a man who takes her name. I don't see arya doing this.

Tyrell is gone

unber is gone

mormont is gone

house bolton is gone

in the show the only three lannisters left are jaime,tyrion,and cersei so it will proabably survive.

I think it's safe to say jon and/or dany will survive so house targ will survive.

There are several others who are gone but I can't even remember them all. It's safe to say westeros will have alot of room for new nobles.

Archived