Is Cersei Really Pregnant?

I'm convinced that Cersei is lying about her pregnancy. She was losing her hold on Jaime, and she knew it. She's lost her entire family with the exception of Jaime and Tyrion, and Jaime was the only person left in the world that she cared about. Just because Jaime believes it's true doesn't make it so. Her success in playing Tyrion was in large part due to his belief that she's pregnant. She's now manipulating Euron with the same ploy. 

I don't buy it.

I don’t think so, at least not at this point. 

She’s got no reason to fabricate a pregnancy with Euron at this stage to keep him loyal, and she’s shrewd enough to realize she’ll have to provide a kid very shortly or risk his anger.

On the other hand, she has every reason to try to convince Euron it’s his, especially since she needs his army and Jaime has abandoned her. 

She’s just covering her butt. I firmly believe that’s the only reason she even slept with Euron. 

I'm thinking that she is because right before she told Jaime, he walked in unannounced as she was talking to Qyburn. He was telling her that whatever kind of test or examination she did showed that she was pregnant, and neither of them knew Jaime was there at the time.

If she is and people know then why hasn't she shown any signs of pregnancy? I mean we know she's twisted and wouldn't hesitate for even a second to say the baby has been lost due to a miscarriage.

There's 2 ways I look at this, if she loses the war and dies the truth may never come to light. If she wins the war then she can just get rid of Euron as I believe she's only with him for his fleet so wouldn't need to prove anything.

Why lie about the pregnancy? It keeps Euron loyal and creates room for Tyrion to sympathies with her (I believe he loved Myrcella and Tommen and arguably cared for Joffrey, tried to advise him well as Hand of the King) and wouldn't want to lose another nephew/niece.

1 minute ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

If she is and people know then why hasn't she shown any signs of pregnancy? I mean we know she's twisted and wouldn't hesitate for even a second to say the baby has been lost due to a miscarriage.

There's 2 ways I look at this, if she loses the war and dies the truth may never come to light. If she wins the war then she can just get rid of Euron as I believe she's only with him for his fleet so wouldn't need to prove anything.

Why lie about the pregnancy? It keeps Euron loyal and creates room for Tyrion to sympathies with her (I believe he loved Myrcella and Tommen and arguably cared for Joffrey, tried to advise him well as Hand of the King) and wouldn't want to lose another nephew/niece.

Sam tells Jon that Gilly got pregnant while they were at the Citadel, which would have been pretty close to when Jaime was still with Cersei. Gilly is still barely showing  either. 

Even Euron the Moron is smart enough to realize a pregnant woman should eventually have a baby, and Cersei is smart enough to know she’ll have to put up or shut up. 

I really believe that’s the only reason she even slept with Euron; to give a more plausible explanation for the pregnancy, since Jaime has now abandoned her. 

3 hours ago, legba11 said:

Gilly looks huge, it was commented on since Ep1 of this season. We haven't seen her body as she has always been covered in furs, but her face is very heavy looking.  Clearly that was intentional 

Yes, she looks huge, but that's because Hannah Murray, the actress who plays Gilly, is pregnant in real life. I believe they wrote it into the story for that reason.

2 hours ago, Lady Dayne said:

Yes, she looks huge, but that's because Hannah Murray, the actress who plays Gilly, is pregnant in real life. I believe they wrote it into the story for that reason.

yeah I noticed right away that the actress is pregnant but I thought they were trying to cover it up and just play it off because it was a real life pregnancy instead they decided to write it in which is kind of cool timing. 

And as for Cersei I think that she was pregnant but not anymore. But the pregnancy will still run off Euron when he finds out it's Jaime's. 

I can't believe in a recent interview, David nutter the director of the last of the starks episode claims "Euron wasn't really paying attention" in the scene where Tyrion miraculously knows Cersei is pregnant even though she just told Euron it is his a moment earlier. The writing is atrocious.

11 hours ago, legba11 said:

Either Dumb or Dumber (I don't know which is which) said Dany just forgot about the Iron Fleet, too.

We’re ruined.

There’s no hope left.

Please let Drogon burn them all, root and stem, since the WW clearly failed.

BTW: this article makes a good point for Cersei having miscarried somewhere between Season 7 and 8: https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27227070/cersei-pregnancy-game-of-thrones/

Basically: she has abstained from drinking wine in her conversation with Tyrion (when she said she was pregnant) and was drinking again in her scene with Euron. 

22 hours ago, legba11 said:

Gilly looks huge, it was commented on since Ep1 of this season. We haven't seen her body as she has always been covered in furs, but her face is very heavy looking.  Clearly that was intentional 

I think Jon figuring out that Gilly is pregnant only after hugging her is meant to show that she is barely showing and to let us know Cersei is at roughly this stage as well.

11 hours ago, darksellsword said:

I can't believe in a recent interview, David nutter the director of the last of the starks episode claims "Euron wasn't really paying attention" in the scene where Tyrion miraculously knows Cersei is pregnant even though she just told Euron it is his a moment earlier. The writing is atrocious.

If this is what he said, I am beyond a little furious. I didn't think I had enough left in me to get outraged at what the crew /cast / writers have to tell us about this story anymore. And we have to hear about it in extra material, because god forbid they make anything clear on the actual show itself.

She’s lying. Another way of looking at it is she’s attempting to use it as a “get out of jail free card” when she inevitably comes to be defeated. Despite recent events Dany has always had her empathetic side, and we know what Jon is like with sparing people? It wouldn’t surprise me if she is using it as armour. 

Cersie's prophecy from the woods witch says 3 children, so either she was never pregnant, has miscarried, or dies either before the birth or as a result of (a way for her little brother to kill her...)...

Also, in the books during the walk of shame it is clear that Cersie has the body of a heavy drinker. A pregnancy takes longer to show when you don't have the body of a body double. Medieval clothing and corsets also hide things extremely well. 

On 5/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Sam tells Jon that Gilly got pregnant while they were at the Citadel, which would have been pretty close to when Jaime was still with Cersei. Gilly is still barely showing  either. 

Can we compare though? Cersei's pregnancy has relevance to the plot or is mean to, it keeps being raised but there's nothing to show for it.

On 5/11/2019 at 3:47 AM, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Even Euron the Moron is smart enough to realize a pregnant woman should eventually have a baby, and Cersei is smart enough to know she’ll have to put up or shut up. 

I really believe that’s the only reason she even slept with Euron; to give a more plausible explanation for the pregnancy, since Jaime has now abandoned her. 

That's another way to look at it, I guess the last thing she needs is more incest rumours but then again if she does win the war which is the only time the baby will matter as she needs to survive to have it, there will be nobody left to challenge her or call her out on it. There is Euron but that's assuming he survives and I'm sure if she does need him gone after it will be easy, she's not new to murder.

Archived