Is Cersei Really Pregnant?

6 hours ago, imp-ty said:

Cersie's prophecy from the woods witch says 3 children, so either she was never pregnant, has miscarried, or dies either before the birth or as a result of (a way for her little brother to kill her...)

I would love a flashback to Cersei's prophecy as she's on her deathbed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 11:53 AM, imp-ty said:

Cersie's prophecy from the woods witch says 3 children, so either she was never pregnant, has miscarried, or dies either before the birth or as a result of (a way for her little brother to kill her...)...

Also, in the books during the walk of shame it is clear that Cersie has the body of a heavy drinker. A pregnancy takes longer to show when you don't have the body of a body double. Medieval clothing and corsets also hide things extremely well. 

Eh, I guess it's possible that Cersei was lying to Catelyn about the "black haired beauty" for sympathy. That seems a rather clumsy lie that's easily cross checked though. I think it was more likely lazy writing, but there's an in verse explanation.

Cersei told Sansa that tears aren't a woman's only weapon, the best one is between your legs. Sex and the results thereof. I think she just used the possibility as a hold on Jaime, then later Euron. 

If she ended up being pregnant by Jaime there's no way she wouldn't be showing by now. If she's pregnant by Euron she'd be drinking moon tea by the gallon, because she's spiteful like that.

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

Eh, I guess it's possible that Cersei was lying to Catelyn about the "black haired beauty" for sympathy. That seems a rather clumsy lie that's easily cross checked though. I think it was more likely lazy writing, but there's an in verse explanation.

Cersei told Sansa that tears aren't a woman's only weapon, the best one is between your legs. Sex and the results thereof. I think she just used the possibility as a hold on Jaime, then later Euron. 

If she ended up being pregnant by Jaime there's no way she wouldn't be showing by now. If she's pregnant by Euron she'd be drinking moon tea by the gallon, because she's spiteful like that.

Cersei and Robert also talked about their lost child.

Also, in those days they would wear very tight dresses you wouldn't even notice the pregnancy when it was almost the due date.

2 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

Cersei and Robert also talked about their lost child.

Also, in those days they would wear very tight dresses you wouldn't even notice the pregnancy when it was almost the due date.

Did they? I forgot about that. Guess we can't cover that one over then, and have to put it down to poor writing. Been awhile since I watched Season 1.

I won't claim to be an expert on women's fashion either. Especially in medieval times in a fantasy universe. :P  She didn't look like she was in a corset or anything though. That has to be wonderfully uncomfortable for mother and child both to be put in a vice like that though

Archived