Mad Queen Dany is a misdirection, just like Talissa was a spy and the Sansa/Arya antagonism last season.

AlaerysTargaryen

since when Has taking out your anger on 1000's of innocent people not been the high of madness? honestly I'm not understanding the sickness here, everyone is basically saying that because things aren't going her way that its completely okay for Dany to go on a murderous rampage.

is this really were we're at?

because that is really the most selfish BS answer I've ever heard some i ready have to ask is everyone has thought this through....

Welp.

Spoiler

IMO, it was very powerfully done, although it can certainly be said that the justification for her snapping is pretty weak. I'm reading it as she freaked out over feeling betrayed so much since coming to Westeros, but I mean wow, she is now a completely different character from the Daenerys of seasons 1-4. She's true fire and blood now, no mercy. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I sure hope that if we see the next novel come out, Martin starts showing chinks in her mental armor right away, maybe a few brief unhinged lash-outs. Having her go this season from delightfully making out with Jon under a frozen waterfall to murdering a couple hundred thousand people a week after saving the goddamn world from evil was PRETTY FUCKING STUPID.

They have one episode left. It's not going to be tying up too many loose ends. Like Dorne for instance. They just sat this out. Or are they showing up and taking sides? Varys flew his birds with the news of Jon's birth. Will Yara and the mysterious Dornish prince show up to choose sides? What happened to Euron's thing that can control a dragon? Who else is there? Tullys, Tarlys, Lords of the Vale... who will Lannisters follow? 

Archived