Mad Queen Dany is a misdirection, just like Talissa was a spy and the Sansa/Arya antagonism last season.

AlaerysTargaryen

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

No, the show is showing other characters question her state of mind and fitness to rule, so its reasonable speculation that since characters in the show are commenting on Dany's judgment and mental state and fitness to rule....that this a cue to the audience.

Well no. Tyrion and Varys are making mistake after mistake so isn't that also a cue that they are wrong to question her fitness to rule? 

Missandei was full of venom before her death requesting burn everyone. Yes she was a hostage but I never bought she was what she said. or had this feeling she not to turn your back on. She knew allot of things for a slave. 

7 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Missandei was full of venom before her death requesting burn everyone. Yes she was a hostage but I never bought she was what she said. or had this feeling she not to turn your back on. She knew allot of things for a slave. 

Why wouldn't she say that? In a single word she captures the entire situation and alerts Dany of her fate moments before it even happens. More importantly, she gives Dany one last piece of advice: Burn them which is just a pyromaniacal way of saying, this war is on and these guys are not surrendering.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:54 PM, Cas Stark said:

If it's misdirection how do you expect the show to end?  The woman who has believed it was her birthright to rule Westeros since the first season, is going to rule Westeros? That would be a little too conventional for GOT, wouldn't it?

Yep! Don’t think she’ll get the throne. My hope is that this is a misdirection and she dies for the good of the people/in a feat of heroism/saving someone. And the wheel is truly broken after this - in honor of her, “break the wheel”. Back to independent nations.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:56 PM, MinscS2 said:

genuinely hope you're right.

I'm toying with the idea myself that the leaks are an intentional misdirection from the showrunners, including all the actors going "yeh the ending sucks" (genuinely, what is the point in filming multiple endings to avoid leaks when one asshole VFX-guy is ultimately all it takes?), because by lowering our expectations and making us expect the worst, most tragic, nonsensical ending, they will make us appreciate the real ending that much more than we normally would've if not for the fake leaks lowering our expectations in the first place.

It's actually pretty clever, and would actually be the first time in a long while where D&D "subverting our expectations" would actually be a good thing.

Sadly however, at the same time, D&D have shown us that they are not clever enough to pull of this sort of ruse (or they simply don't care enough anymore), so I'm not really having high hopes about this being the case. We'll get a shit ending that 99% of the fanbase hates, and we're just currently doing our best to keep our hopes up in some sort of common catharsis, before the final disappointment strikes.

And while the Sansa/Arya antagonism last season ultimately was a ruse, it was a very unsatisfying one at that, because in the end very little of it made sense. Stuff happened, people Baelish died. 

Edit:

My theory about an alleged leak:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm more and more convinced that this ultimate WTF-moment will be Jon killing Daenerys in the latter part of episode 6. It would be considered a WTF-moment during S1-S6 because their arcs happened different sides of the world, and it would be considered a WTF-moment during S7 which ended with them as fookin lovebirds.

At the same time however, it really wouldn't really be that WTF that he kills her, since people have been theorizing about Jon/AA having to kill Daenerys/Nissa Nissa for almost two years now. Ultimately it's more why he kills her that will be the final WTF, and not so much that he kills her.

I hope I'm wrong though, it's happened before.

Have there been other leaks in this or previous seasons that have turned out not to be true? I haven’t read the leaks but think I know what they say, based on what people are writing about on here.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:12 PM, Cas Stark said:

Kit Harrington I think it was called the final season Shakespearean, so something bad is definitely still yet to happen, we haven't hit anything close to Shakespearean tragedy yet/

Oh! I thought he had called Episode 4 Shakespearean - if the whole season is Shakespearean I can definitely see something happening, then, like everyone thinks Dany has gone mad and Jon kills her and learns too late he was wrong and...dies in battle? Gah who knows. Still hate this whole “mad queen boo Daenerys” arc. Makes me so mad at Varys (and of course the writers for doing this to her, haha). 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, AlaerysTargaryen said:

Always pictured her dying but for a greater cause or even in childbirth, la me as it sounds. Not a villain, not a mad woman who followed into her father and borther path of insanity

I don't think she will be a villain but portrayed as a villain....that is the tragic problem

On 5/10/2019 at 11:14 AM, AlaerysTargaryen said:

D&D have done it before. Dont believe the leaks floating around. A beloved character and the face of the show wont go down as an evil, mad woman just like Cersei. The third Holy shit moment will probably be about Tyrion. They have said it will be almost in the end of the show.

I %100 agree with you. It's a misdirection. I think Dany will kill Varys and Tyrion will probably die in the battle. 

What has me leaning toward this theory is that so much of the "mad queen Daenerys" impetus from episode 4 doesn't come from actual events, much less dialogue. Especially (but not only) at the plot pivot point during the celebration, it's all about music, camera angles and facial expressions, not about words or deeds. That sort of stuff can be easily pivoted off of, leaving the viewer to believe that his/her belief was insubstantial.

Put another way, it's more that people have been manipulated into thinking Dany is going mad than that they have been persuaded. That's a bait 'n switch technique.

Id pay money to see varys try to knife her because she doesn't turn mad and ghost comes into frame and kills varys. Varys deserved killed for building Ned to admit treason and betraying tyrion at his trial in season 4.

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Id pay money to see varys try to knife her because she doesn't turn mad and ghost comes into frame and kills varys. Varys deserved killed for building Ned to admit treason and betraying tyrion at his trial in season 4.

He'd be the first to tell you that he did it for the realm. ;)

16 minutes ago, Hodor's Dragon said:

What has me leaning toward this theory is that so much of the "mad queen Daenerys" impetus from episode 4 doesn't come from actual events, much less dialogue. Especially (but not only) at the plot pivot point during the celebration, it's all about music, camera angles and facial expressions, not about words or deeds. That sort of stuff can be easily pivoted off of, leaving the viewer to believe that his/her belief was insubstantial.

Put another way, it's more that people have been manipulated into thinking Dany is going mad than that they have been persuaded. That's a bait 'n switch technique.

So, it makes more sense to you that the show is trying to fool the audience into thinking that Dany is going mad, for only one week, between eps. 4 and 5, than that they want us to legitimately believe she's becoming unhinged and this is just a poorly executed final twist?  

Either way it's poor storytelling and writing, but the former seems less likely than the later.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:23 PM, MinscS2 said:

I used to think that her dying in childbirth would be one of the worst possible ways for her to go. Such a strong, fiery character going out with a quiet, helpless whimper. Considering what the show is heading towards however, her dying in childbirth would've been better, because at least there would be some sense and happiness to it: Her legacy would live on, and her entire lifelong struggle in making the world a better place than she found it would result in her child getting to, while never knowing his/her mother, at least get to live in this new better world she built. It's bittersweet. More bitter than sweet for sure, but not entirely bad.

If Daenerys dies after suddenly turning into the very thing she's spent her entire life fighting however, is just not outright horrible and tragic, it also makes her arc seem so pointless. What's the moral? Don't forget to tip your waitress or she might dracarys your ass?
There's absolutely nothing sweet about neither her narrative nor character concluding in this manner. It's just all bitter and tragic, and ultimately a huge waste of time... 

Please tell me you didn't just do a spoiler.

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Varys in the show is an idiot at this point. However neither varys or even cersei knew joffrey was gonna do something so stupid at that time. Ned was supposed to confess and then be sent to the wall.

21 hours ago, Petitephlox said:

Yep! Don’t think she’ll get the throne. My hope is that this is a misdirection and she dies for the good of the people/in a feat of heroism/saving someone. And the wheel is truly broken after this - in honor of her, “break the wheel”. Back to independent nations.

Well the life of the common people wasn't great when there were seven independent nations either. Then there was constant war  and still the noble houses fighting and  the common man getting caught in the middle. So that wouldn't be breaking the wheel. I also thing people are over thinking that breaking the wheel thing.

21 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I don't understand what your trying to say.

Archived