Watch, Watched, Watching: Getting Sneaky

RedEyedGhost

4 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I think we should all take a moment to remember the random hunter in Season 2 that Eleven murdered.

(even if she didn't kill him outright, she left him unconscious in freezing temperatures. Let's not kid ourselves. That guy is dead.)

Hahaha, I forgot about that guy.

I started a rewatch of Person of Interest. I had forgotten how great this show was. Even the first episode is a cracker. I was impressed that they started the Elias storyarc as early as episode 3.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:15 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

I think we should all take a moment to remember the random hunter in Season 2 that Eleven murdered.

(even if she didn't kill him outright, she left him unconscious in freezing temperatures. Let's not kid ourselves. That guy is dead.)

She smacked him in the face with a squirrel.  There was barely any snow on the ground, and she was surviving in a thin dress and jacket.  He was probably too freaked about by the flying fire squirrel to react to her taking his coat.  He ain't dead, he was just playing possum.

57 minutes ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I started a rewatch of Person of Interest. I had forgotten how great this show was. Even the first episode is a cracker. I was impressed that they started the Elias storyarc as early as episode 3.

I just finished a long slow rewatch of that on Sunday.  One of the best network television shows of the past decade.

I watched the premiere of Starz's The Rook. I wasn't blown away by any means, but I'll continue watching for now. 

I started Black Spot after reading a few posts on here about it. Interesting. Love the dark, supernatural tone to this mystery set in the Vosges. The black spot hasn't really come into play yet.

47 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I'm watching the Super Bowl of competitive eating, Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest. Joey Chestnut might actually break his record of 74 hot dogs. I'm disgusted and amazed at the same time.

Yep. Competitive eating is proper car crash TV. I wish they didn't have different organisations though. It's like fucking boxing, keeping the best away from each other. 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Just started up my July 4 tradition - watching HBO's John Adams miniseries.  Fucking love the theme song.

Interesting.. I just picked up the book after reading 1776 over the Memorial Day break. Haven't seen the show but will check it out after I finish the book.

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Yep. Competitive eating is proper car crash TV. I wish they didn't have different organisations though. It's like fucking boxing, keeping the best away from each other. 

The fuck?  Why on earth is there a need for more than one competitive eating organization?  The 1st place prize for that competition today was only $10K....

4 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Interesting.. I just picked up the book after reading 1776 over the Memorial Day break. Haven't seen the show but will check it out after I finish the book.

Oh, just to clarify, I'm not a fan of David McCullough's writing - particularly his whitewashing of Truman.  But the show's pretty damn good.  And almost historically accurate, after the first episode.  In fact I'd almost suggest skipping the first episode.  It's boring and makes up a conflict between John and Sam Adams (and Hancock) that never existed in the slightest.  After that, it's a great cast and very well done.

20 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Is this the trump version with americans winning independence by taking control of the British airports? 

54 minutes ago, red snow said:

Is this the trump version with americans winning independence by taking control of the British airports? 

LOL, just posted about this in the politics thread.  All that time yesterday watching the miniseries, I was like - where is the US Air Force?

2 hours ago, DMC said:

LOL, just posted about this in the politics thread.  All that time yesterday watching the miniseries, I was like - where is the US Air Force?

I think someone needs to make a TV show revealing the true steam-punk history of the American war of independence. Trump can use his insider presidential knowledge of the truth and it'll make for a cool yet bizarre show. Maybe HBO can do it as a replacement of the Confederate show benioff & weiss wanted to make? I hear the union won because they were able to scupper the confederate aircraft carriers and control all the satellites.

3 hours ago, nah said:

I feel like True Blood and Deadwood could swap titles and still have both make a lot of sense.

They could do a crossover show called true wood or dead blood depending on what aspect of the show they want to emphasize

On 7/3/2019 at 1:05 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

I just finished a long slow rewatch of that on Sunday.  One of the best network television shows of the past decade.

Agreed (regarding Person of Interest), I can't think of anything that was better.

I keep fanboy-ing over this show these days.  It does an excellent job of combining the numbers of the week with the season long storyarcs.  Also, I'm enjoying the comic book feel that it has with its Rogues Gallery and its two main characters who seem to be channeling Bruce Wayne and Lucius Fox.

I loved Midsommar. Ari Aster is definitely not a one-hit wonder. It’s not quite as good as Hereditary, but it’s also a very different type of film (although both are heavy on themes of dealing with grief). To start with I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen, as it’s absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking films I’ve seen in awhile. And I’m definitely going to be watching out for Florence Pugh going forward. She was excellent. Think the only other thing I’ve seen her in before this was Outlaw King? I’ve seen some people mention the runtime being a bit too long, but honestly for 2 1/2 hours i thought the pacing was fine.  I was never bored once. 

On a side note, I think Aster is going to try and have at least one really gruesome wtf type scene in each of his films. This one certainly did, but I won’t spoil it...

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I loved Midsommar. Ari Aster is definitely not a one-hit wonder. It’s not quite as good as Hereditary, but it’s also a very different type of film (although both are heavy on themes of dealing with grief). To start with I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen, as it’s absolutely gorgeous. One of the best looking films I’ve seen in awhile. And I’m definitely going to be watching out for Florence Pugh going forward. She was excellent. Think the only other thing I’ve seen her in before this was Outlaw King? I’ve seen some people mention the runtime being a bit too long, but honestly for 2 1/2 hours i thought the pacing was fine.  I was never bored once. 

On a side note, I think Aster is going to try and have at least one really gruesome wtf type scene in each of his films. This one certainly did, but I won’t spoil it...

I can’t see it until next week. Glad you liked it though.

Archived