RedEyedGhost

Watch, Watched, Watching: Getting Sneaky

Posted (edited)

I watched the first episode of Cinemax's Jett. Reminds me a lot of an Elmore Leonard novel, but without the excellent dialogue. I love Carla Gugino so I'll keep watching.

Edited by Astromech

15 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Wait...we both loved Hereditary? Is that allowed? 

No, and I will swiftly crush this bromance.

Your first round pick is out for the year, because of course. Bengals…..

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

No, and I will swiftly crush this bromance.

Your first round pick is out for the year, because of course. Bengals…..

Right? Every fucking year. Absolutely cursed I tell ya! 

A couple episodes into Too Old to Die Young, and I’m digging it. I definitely see why it’s been so divisive. If you’re not really a fan of NWR you probably won’t care for it much. I’ve always liked his style though. 

I've started watching season 2 of Black Spot (Zone Blanche). 3 episodes in. It's now on Netflix, instead of Amazon. The first 2 episodes were a 2-part thing, and while interesting, it had some silly stuff. But the mystery is still good.

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I've started watching season 2 of Black Spot (Zone Blanche). 3 episodes in. It's now on Netflix, instead of Amazon. The first 2 episodes were a 2-part thing, and while interesting, it had some silly stuff. But the mystery is still good.

We are watching this too. Still finishing the first season. I found it quite slow going at first, with each episode feeling very long and slow to me. But I have warmed to the characters and the setting. 

I was actually gonna ask if anyone here was watching Black Spot, as I’m 4 episodes into season 1. It does drag some and I find my mind wandering at times, but the characters and supernatural elements interest me enough to finish the first season at least.

I think I’m gonna rewatch Penny Dreadful right after this. 

On 6/29/2019 at 7:52 AM, Nictarion said:

A couple episodes into Too Old to Die Young, and I’m digging it. I definitely see why it’s been so divisive. If you’re not really a fan of NWR you probably won’t care for it much. I’ve always liked his style though. 

Weird thing is he divides me. Some elements i love and others i hate making it really hard to decide how i feel about any of his films.

12 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

I was actually gonna ask if anyone here was watching Black Spot, as I’m 4 episodes into season 1. It does drag some and I find my mind wandering at times, but the characters and supernatural elements interest me enough to finish the first season at least.

Black spot certainly seems to work in a "I'll add that to my watch list". Whether it gets watched is another matter. I had no idea it was on prime first in uk. If it was then Netflix has done a much better job of promoting it. To be honest i only looked at it because it had similar imagery to "der pass" which was heavily promoted in Berlin last year and looked good.

2 hours ago, red snow said:

Black spot certainly seems to work in a "I'll add that to my watch list". Whether it gets watched is another matter. I had no idea it was on prime first in uk. If it was then Netflix has done a much better job of promoting it. To be honest i only looked at it because it had similar imagery to "der pass" which was heavily promoted in Berlin last year and looked good.

Speak for the UK. But in the US, I don't think Netflix did any promotions. I googled to see when season 2 was coming and Netflix was mentioned. And then I searched Netflix and found it. To be fair, Amazon hadn't done a great job, either. A friend told me about it.

I caught A Star is Born last night on HBO. That was a very good film. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper were stellar in it. As was Sam Elliott. I've never seen the original, so can't compare.

Jett is fine after two episodes, but heist shows and films are never as clever as they think they are. They basically rely on the protagonists being surrounded by morons.

Dark s2 was phenomenal. The best series I currently watch.

I have a few episodes of Yellowstone s2 to catch up on. I was a bit disappointed in s1, but am willing to give Taylor Sheridan a second chance. Plus the filming locations are beautiful.

I though my summer tv viewing would be slow but that's not the case now with Pure, Yellowstone, Legion, Jett and Snowfall starting soon. There's another summer series I am forgetting. Oh well.

Finishing up Animal Kingdom S3. Meets my expectations.

And just say that Into the Spiderverse is now on Netflix (US). That's definitely next up..

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

I though my summer tv viewing would be slow but that's not the case now with Pure, Yellowstone, Legion, Jett and Snowfall starting soon. There's another summer series I am forgetting. Oh well.

Stranger Things? I think you're just playing.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Speak for the UK. But in the US, I don't think Netflix did any promotions. I googled to see when season 2 was coming and Netflix was mentioned. And then I searched Netflix and found it. To be fair, Amazon hadn't done a great job, either. A friend told me about it.

The promotion was only stronger in the sense i never saw any mention on prime and Netflix had it as the launch trailer on my home screen. 

6 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I'm planning on doing that myself.  Probably will rewatch Stranger Things 1 & 2 (and likely the initial viewing of the new season) before I get around to PD though.

Watched fate of the furious. It was as expected with one small thing - there is a part with Jason Statham that is the bestest thing ever, and Jason Statham should be required to have a baby as a partner in every single movie he is in. 

Posted (edited)

I finally watched Baby Driver since it went up on Netflix. Ehhhhhhh. The concept of lining everything up with the music is neat but I don't think it really worked or added much to the film for me. I think I'd rather if he'd actually made it into a full-blown musical. Though mostly the problem was that I was bored by the plot.

29 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

there is a part with Jason Statham that is the bestest thing ever, and Jason Statham should be required to have a baby as a partner in every single movie he is in.  

Well he's in with the Rock next movie does that count?

Edited by polishgenius

I gave Too Old To Die Young another chance, but after three episodes I'm not sure if I'm going to give it another. I really like the cast and the story set-up is pretty solid, but its is just so fucking boring.

I'm also giving Yellowstone season 2  a shot, despite the first season being pretty bad. So far I'm sticking with it, but it's mostly because the actual cowboy parts are pretty fun, while all the intrigue and family-drama is pretty fucking bad.

5 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I never heard of it at all, but Netflix has that weird picture of a big dude in a hot tub with blood/water(didn’t get to that part yet)that piqued my interest.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Watched fate of the furious. It was as expected with one small thing - there is a part with Jason Statham that is the bestest thing ever, and Jason Statham should be required to have a baby as a partner in every single movie he is in. 

Best scenes of the movie by far.