Watch, Watched, Watching: Getting Sneaky

RedEyedGhost

4 hours ago, Triskele said:

The Ocho

"I'm being told that Joey Bag O' Donuts has decided to perform the challenge while sitting on a functioning toilet."
"It's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see if it pays off."

Saw Spider Man, was pretty good, not excellent. I think it threw me off a little to see Zendaya in this role after watching a few episodes of Euphoria, so very very different.

Binged Stranger Things 3 already and thought it was really good. Tons of 80's pop culture in this one.

11 hours ago, Heartofice said:

True Wood is a better title for True Blood anyway !

It certainly was! 

56 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Saw Spider Man, was pretty good, not excellent. I think it threw me off a little to see Zendaya in this role after watching a few episodes of Euphoria, so very very different.

Binged Stranger Things 3 already and thought it was really good. Tons of 80's pop culture in this one.

Going to see spidey tomorrow. I think they may have over egged it with the "end of phase 3" stuff but I've avoided the spoiler that seems to clinch people over whether it's good or great.

"Dark" is consuming my binge watching time. This should probably be a flagship Netflix title - embracing non English international talent and designed for binge watching due to the plot. Hopefully it'll be a slow burn success. Otherwise it's going to be that frustrating thing where the best SF show in years escapes notice just because it isn't in English or Japanese animation. That or the time-travel plot is simply too niche.

Stranger things seems to have a self-confidence this season which makes the show feel utterly at ease with what it wants to be.

Having never seen neon genesis evangelion, I'm definitely getting my money's worth off Netflix this month

12 hours ago, red snow said:

"Dark" is consuming my binge watching time. This should probably be a flagship Netflix title - embracing non English international talent and designed for binge watching due to the plot. Hopefully it'll be a slow burn success. Otherwise it's going to be that frustrating thing where the best SF show in years escapes notice just because it isn't in English or Japanese animation. That or the time-travel plot is simply too niche.

I watched S1 and enjoyed it for the most part, having trouble w S2 for some reason. I got around 3 episodes in and lost interest. Think I am burned out on shows with multiple time lines? I know this has to have that but my mind is just over having to remember all the different things happening in each one, who is in each one, how they are tied to the other ones. I am sure I'll pick it back up but just not for a while.

10 hours ago, dbunting said:

I watched S1 and enjoyed it for the most part, having trouble w S2 for some reason. I got around 3 episodes in and lost interest. Think I am burned out on shows with multiple time lines? I know this has to have that but my mind is just over having to remember all the different things happening in each one, who is in each one, how they are tied to the other ones. I am sure I'll pick it back up but just not for a while.

Westworld season 2 burned a lot of us on non-linear storytelling. Although i read an article on what's known about season 3 and i think they are addressing the issues with season 2.

Dark for the most part is linear but with time-travel and it hardly ever uses the timelines to deliberately obfuscate what's happening.

Maybe worth revisiting once the show is complete. One flaw with the show is that it could easily come apart in the final season so it's a risky investment in that sense.  

On 7/6/2019 at 10:10 AM, red snow said:

Stranger things seems to have a self-confidence this season which makes the show feel utterly at ease with what it wants to be.

Having never seen neon genesis evangelion, I'm definitely getting my money's worth off Netflix this month

Having tried to watch Stranger Things directly after Dark I can say its a tricky thing to attempt. Dark requires so much concentration, something I will gladly give it, and is intelligent and well crafted Sci Fi. Stranger Things by comparison feels like Dark for morons when viewed together. I could barely get through the first episode of S3 of  ST because it seemed so bubblegum and lightweight. I'm still struggling, although I'm of the opinion that Stranger Things really isn't all that great anyway. 

I've also never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, but since spotting it on Netflix its really caught my interest.

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Having tried to watch Stranger Things directly after Dark I can say its a tricky thing to attempt. Dark requires so much concentration, something I will gladly give it, and is intelligent and well crafted Sci Fi. Stranger Things by comparison feels like Dark for morons when viewed together. I could barely get through the first episode of S3 of  ST because it seemed so bubblegum and lightweight. I'm still struggling, although I'm of the opinion that Stranger Things really isn't all that great anyway. 

I've also never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, but since spotting it on Netflix its really caught my interest.

I'm finding the same. It's not that stranger things is bad (although 3 episodes in and it's still feeling more like a soap/drama) but it makes for a harsh comparison. It reminds me of how i was underwhelmed by season 1 of breaking bad, solely because i started watching it after finishing "the wire"

Spider-man far from home was solid superhero entertainment and thankfully more spider-man than MCU game changer.

Archived