Jump to content
Dragons 7th Eye

Please, be careful about the leaks

Recommended Posts

I understand that it is hard, but I am sure that some other people besides myself have been very careful not to bump into any. Within a past few hours in some threads regarding several episodes talking about leaks is so rampant that it does no longer matter that the exact leak is not quoted - picture is becoming clear and no warnings are anywhere to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, here.  I made the mistake of reading all the leaks before season 7 because I liked knowing what was coming as a reader.  I've gone to great lengths to avoid them for season 8, and am still completely ignorant of the ending despite some posters attempting to ruin it.  Don't be that guy/gal, use the spoiler tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7Silvers said:

Whenever I have a leak, I call a plumber...  I can't fix pipes and stuff like that. 

For what it’s worth, I thought it was funny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

I understand that it is hard, but I am sure that some other people besides myself have been very careful not to bump into any. Within a past few hours in some threads regarding several episodes talking about leaks is so rampant that it does no longer matter that the exact leak is not quoted - picture is becoming clear and no warnings are anywhere to be seen.

Thank you so much! I wanted to open a thread like this myself. I did everything I could to avoid spoilers, but I found a lot of people on this forum mentioning leaks, without even a spoiler warning.

I've been avoiding the forum this last couple of days in fear of being spoilered again, but I find it unfair that I have to restrain myself from reading and commenting because some people don't use spoiler tags.

Please people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I understand that people do not like being spoiled and try not to do so.

The flip-side is that I read the season 7 leaks before seeing it and it couldn't make the crap that was the writing on this show any or worse, or better. It is hard to respect something that has become so pathetically stupid in its execution. The leaks are dumb and the show is dumb - waiting to be surprised by dumb also seems kind of dumb to me. It's all just a big heap of massive dumb now.

This video made me feel a bit better (and it has no spoilers beyond season 7 in it). D&D are dumb and GRRM is lazy - between stupidity and idleness, they have destroyed the greatest start to story telling I have seen in at least the last 20 years. Makes me sad. All you can do is laugh at how disappointing human endeavor is, I guess.

 

Edited by ummester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ummester said:

I understand that people do not like being spoiled and try not to do so.

The flip-side is that I read the season 7 leaks before seeing it and it couldn't make the crap that was the writing on this show any or worse, or better. It is hard to respect something that has become so pathetically stupid in its execution. The leaks are dumb and the show is dumb - waiting to be surprised by dumb also seems kind of dumb to me. It's all just a big heap of massive dumb now.

This video made me feel a bit better (and it has no spoilers beyond season 7 in it). D&D are dumb and GRRM is lazy - between stupidity and idleness, they have destroyed the greatest start to story telling I have seen in at least the last 20 years. Makes me sad. All you can do is laugh at how disappointing human endeavor is, I guess.

 

There are two episodes - or less than and and a half weeks left. For what it is worth I am pretty firmly of the mind that we that do not want to be spoiled even if I agree that the show has gone to ... are not asking for anything irrational. Spoiler tags are not hard to use and it is in the rules.

I read the books and I watched the show from the start. It has been a long long journey and some of it is coming to an end in a rather sad way. I would still like to ask that everyone let me and others who wish to do so enjoy it - for what it is worth. Obviously I can't force anyone to do anything, I am just asking as nicely as I can. Please.

This is somewhat improperly quoted, and I am not directing this to you specifically as you said that you are trying :) It just sprung to mind when reading the second paragraph.

Edited by Dragons 7th Eye
Clarification about the quoting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

There are two episodes - or less than and and a half weeks left. For what it is worth I am pretty firmly of the mind that we that do not want to be spoiled even if I agree that the show has gone to ... are not asking for anything irrational. Spoiler tags are not hard to use and it is in the rules.

I read the books and I watched the show from the start. It has been a long long journey and some of it is coming to an end in a rather sad way. I would still like to ask that everyone let me and others who wish to do so enjoy it - for what it is worth. Obviously I can't force anyone to do anything, I am just asking as nicely as I can. Please.

Yea, I don't have an issue with that - I won't knowingly post spoilers in a non spoiler thread. I have no idea how to use the tags on this forum though.

Edited by ummester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ummester said:

The flip-side is that I read the season 7 leaks before seeing it and it couldn't make the crap that was the writing on this show any or worse, or better. It is hard to respect something that has become so pathetically stupid in its execution. The leaks are dumb and the show is dumb

If you hate the show so much now, why do you keep watching it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, adiman83 said:

If you hate the show so much now, why do you keep watching it? 

In for a penny, in a for a pound :) I only hate it so much now because I used to love it so much before, so I have to see it through til the bitter end, no matter how much it grieves me. 

I did think about quitting after 803 - I was close - but I thought after 10 years, 5 books and 70 odd hours of TV that I have watched over and over, I need to see it through.

I feel like this dude:

I've become like Jamie with Cersie - hating what she has become and hating myself for going back, but I can't help it.

Edited by ummester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never understood the panic about spoilers thingy, but in any case almost all the "leaks" and "spoilers" are either completely/mostly wrong or fan faction. Your best bet is just read all of them and then you'll still be surprised as to which one is actually true.  There's really only so many possible outcomes anyways so even just random guessing someone is bound to be right eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 3:09 PM, WalkinDude said:

Here, here.  I made the mistake of reading all the leaks before season 7 because I liked knowing what was coming as a reader.  I've gone to great lengths to avoid them for season 8, and am still completely ignorant of the ending despite some posters attempting to ruin it.  Don't be that guy/gal, use the spoiler tag.

Same here.  I made the same mistake re. season 7.   I have stayed away from (most) season 8 leaks and want to stay that way.  Please use the spoiler tags.  Even when not quoting leaks directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bradam said:

I never understood the panic about spoilers thingy, but in any case almost all the "leaks" and "spoilers" are either completely/mostly wrong or fan faction. Your best bet is just read all of them and then you'll still be surprised as to which one is actually true.  There's really only so many possible outcomes anyways so even just random guessing someone is bound to be right eventually.

While you may not agree on how leaks effect on the enjoyablity of a story, if there is such a thing left by now, I do not think it is an unreasonable request to let people decide for themselves and just hold on for another week and one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! And it’s not just this forum, even articles I read mentioned the leaks so much and in such a way that you can’t help but figure out what they’re talking about. I posted a thread about this, but can someone tell me how accurate these leaks are? Are there other leaks from this or previous seasons that have been proven wrong, so I can feel better haha?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Petitephlox said:

Yes! And it’s not just this forum, even articles I read mentioned the leaks so much and in such a way that you can’t help but figure out what they’re talking about. I posted a thread about this, but can someone tell me how accurate these leaks are? Are there other leaks from this or previous seasons that have been proven wrong, so I can feel better haha?

No one can speak with certainty but the leaks that  predicted the last epiosde or at least some scenes of it, are considered for now the most possible “correct”. According to these leaks the ending is that disaster story we all read. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nightwish said:

No one can speak with certainty but the leaks that  predicted the last epiosde or at least some scenes of it, are considered for now the most possible “correct”. According to these leaks the ending is that disaster story we all read. 

I don't know what to say.

Make a thread asking people to avoid talking about leaks without spoilers. Read about leaks in that thread.

gg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragons 7th Eye said:

I don't know what to say.

Make a thread asking people to avoid talking about leaks without spoilers. Read about leaks in that thread.

gg

None of the leaks were mentioned specifically, so unless a person had already read them, the previous post doesn't include any leaks or spoilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

None of the leaks were mentioned specifically, so unless a person had already read them, the previous post doesn't include any leaks or spoilers.

And in the original post I mentioned that avoiding leaks in the forum has become impossible. Which was agreed by others. Your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×