Do We see Any Of The Missing People This Episode?

chatty83

Or next I guess?

Few people whose arcs just got sort of washed away but could still return out of nowhere.

Meera, Daario, Edmure, Robin, Yara (been in for two scenes this season), Ellaria? Anyone else?

Will any return or are they done and forgotten?

3 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Or next I guess?

Few people whose arcs just got sort of washed away but could still return out of nowhere.

Meera, Daario, Edmure, Robin, Yara (been in for two scenes this season), Ellaria? Anyone else?

I think Yara will be back in some capacity, but we’re done with the rest. 

Maybe Yohn Royce will finally remember he actually has a liege lord and head back to the Vale to see what sweet robin has been up to for the past 2 seasons. 

None of them are needed. All of their stories are basically over. They're all where they belong. Bringing them back would only be fan service, and most of them don't have any fans in the first place. Yara might make a cameo, but I don't see the point of any of the others.

The only one that could really serve a purpose would be Daario and it would be cheap if it happened. The thought is, what if that hooded man from the preview is Daario and he is in leadership of the Golden Company. Stay with me. He used to be a sellsword and could have connections to another company of sellswords right? He hears that Cersei wants to hire the Golden Co to fight his Queen Dany. He then hires the Golden Co himself on Danys behalf and the ruse is on. Cersei only thinks she hired them.

Now of course that's not going to happen but hey it's fantasy a way to see Daario.

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The only one that could really serve a purpose would be Daario and it would be cheap if it happened. The thought is, what if that hooded man from the preview is Daario and he is in leadership of the Golden Company. Stay with me. He used to be a sellsword and could have connections to another company of sellswords right? He hears that Cersei wants to hire the Golden Co to fight his Queen Dany. He then hires the Golden Co himself on Danys behalf and the ruse is on. Cersei only thinks she hired them.

Now of course that's not going to happen but hey it's fantasy a way to see Daario.

That would be an interesting angle, with Jorah-level implications for his loyalty to her despite being dumped and then left behind to keep the peace in the dumpster fire that is Meereen. 

3 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

That would be an interesting angle, with Jorah-level implications for his loyalty to her despite being dumped and then left behind to keep the peace in the dumpster fire that is Meereen. 

Yep, and he would have the resources to hire the Golden Co since he has control over all of slavers bay.  Again, I do not believe this will happen.

1 hour ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Maybe Yohn Royce will finally remember he actually has a liege lord and head back to the Vale to see what sweet robin has been up to for the past 2 seasons. 

He miraclously disappeared before the battle of winterfell, with all his private chit chat to Sansa i kind of thought they where up to something, Littlefinger style.

2 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

Yeah that’s what I assumed as well - they were planning something.

His army was definitely still there for the battle, though. 

They where fighting under Briennes command on the left flank, still makes me wonder why he'd (as a battle commander) allow someone else to take charge of his men and disappear... Yep I'm more convinced that Sansa is pulling off a Littlefinger move with the Vale being involved. 

4 minutes ago, Flightless bird said:

They where fighting under Briennes command on the left flank, still makes me wonder why he'd (as a battle commander) allow someone else to take charge of his men and disappear... Yep I'm more convinced that Sansa is pulling off a Littlefinger move with the Vale being involved. 

I have to say, finding out Sansa is pulling some kind of long con here would be much more satisfying than just having to accept her continuing snottiness towards dany is all she’s got. 

For all we’re told she’s learned how to play the game from Littlefinger, she’s doing a piss poor Jon if it thus far. 

6 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I have to say, finding out Sansa is pulling some kind of long con here would be much more satisfying than just having to accept her continuing snottiness towards dany is all she’s got. 

For all we’re told she’s learned how to play the game from Littlefinger, she’s doing a piss poor Jon if it thus far. 

Unless Sansa just removed Yohn Royce from the scene so that Danny didn't manage to get control or favour from the Vale, Sansa did look a bit annoyed when Danny named Gendry the lord of Stormsend, thus securing the Storm lands.

6 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Or next I guess?

Edmure could potentially make an appearance, obviously if Arya managed to free him offscreen otherwise he would have starved to death by now locked up all alone.

Yara will probably get involved with the war as Dany could do with the numbers especially at sea.

Daario showing up would be interesting, I could see it happening as he will gladly serve Dany in the biggest battle she will arguably ever have.

The rest I'm not sure there's enough time or something for them to do.

If Jaqen H'ghar makes an appearance that would be welcomed - he's a FM and will have a lot to offer.

5 minutes ago, LearnToBeNoOne said:

Edmure could potentially make an appearance, obviously if Arya managed to free him offscreen otherwise he would have starved to death by now locked up all alone.

Yara will probably get involved with the war as Dany could do with the numbers especially at sea.

Daario showing up would be interesting, I could see it happening as he will gladly serve Dany in the biggest battle she will arguably ever have.

The rest I'm not sure there's enough time or something for them to do.

If Jaqen H'ghar makes an appearance that would be welcomed - he's a FM and will have a lot to offer.

I’ve always kind of hated the idea that Dany has guys falling madly in love with her all over the place. Jorah, Daario, Jon. It would be so refreshing to take one of those characters and go a different way, like Daario deciding he’s had enough and abandoning Meereen. 

I’m so hopeful the Faceless Men have some major role to play in the ending.  

1 hour ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I’ve always kind of hated the idea that Dany has guys falling madly in love with her all over the place.

In contrast to the multitude of men that wants to hurt her or outright kill her?

She's had 4 men (Drogo, Jorah, Daario and Jon) visibly fall in love over her over the course of 7 years. That's not really that many even from a normal modern world point of view, especially not for a woman in her position: Powerful, young, beautiful and charismatic. 

I don't even want to start thinking about how many men (and women) who have a celebrity crush on Emilia Clarke. :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, MinscS2 said:

In contrast to the multitude of men that wants to hurt her or outright kill her?

She's had 4 men (Drogo, Jorah, Daario and Jon) visibly fall in love over her over the course of 7 years. That's not really that many even from a normal modern world point of view, especially not for a woman in her position: Powerful, young, beautiful and charismatic. 

I don't even want to start thinking about how many men (and women) who have a celebrity crush on Emilia Clarke. :thumbsup:

Yeah, now that I think about it, it’s not quite what I think I was picturing mentally. Jorah was really the only one who was questionable, and questionable romance was kind of Jorah’s thing anyway, so it’s not a surprise that he transferred onto Dany. 

I think maybe it squicks me out because she’s so young? She’s had a few other men interested in her, like Xharo. I also kind of just hate the Daario character in general so I’m probably assigning motives that aren’t actually there. 

5 hours ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I think Yara will be back in some capacity, but we’re done with the rest. 

I'm going to be depressed if we don't see Sweet Robin crowned King of the Seven Kingdoms in the end. He can give Mord some high position then.

9 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Or next I guess?

Most likely is Yara and maybe Edmure.

A very, very slight chance would be Meera, and her father Howland.  (I am holding out hope :) )

9 hours ago, chatty83 said:

Or next I guess?

My guess is that we'll see no one. After all, it worked for Odysseus. :)

4 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I’ve always kind of hated the idea that Dany has guys falling madly in love with her all over the place. Jorah, Daario, Jon. It would be so refreshing to take one of those characters and go a different way, like Daario deciding he’s had enough and abandoning Meereen. 

I see where you're coming from tbh we could also see it in the sense that they all had a different purpose to serve.

Jorah wanted to prove that he could remain loyal to her given the betrayal.

Jon Snow needed her support against the WW's and would in return support her claim to the Iron Throne.

Daario helped with decisions in terms of ruling as he understood what she wanted.

As you say they're mad in love with her, it cost Jorah his life in the end, Daario couldn't continue on the journey with her so faced separation (his story may not be over and we don't know if he still loves her but probably) and Jon well he's going to war for her which although you could say is to pay her back for helping to save the north, is as much for his love for her.

So to summarise Jorah is dead, Daario was heartbroken (if we assume he's out of the equation and will not return) couldn't be with her due to being a sellsword and Jon well we're yet to truly find out how love will cost him.

4 minutes ago, The_Spanish_Inquisition said:

I’m so hopeful the Faceless Men have some major role to play in the ending.  

Yeah, I definitely want the FM to get involved before it all ends. There's so many ways to include them and it wouldn't be difficult or unrealistic either.

Archived