Do We see Any Of The Missing People This Episode?

chatty83

On 5/10/2019 at 9:16 PM, chatty83 said:

Meera

We have seen a clear farewell scene with Meera and that was it. I would be really surprised to see her again. Meera is not missing but exited the show in my eyes. Yes, the farewell was cold on Bran's side, but that's how Bran is now.

Daario

No, Essos is finished, I don't think we see him again. His arc ended, he had his farewell scene. Well done, I might say.

Edmure

A very minor side character. I really don't understand why people are talking so much about this loser. He was more background than character.

Robin

Might come again, might not. I would be happy not to see him again. I didn't like the character nor the actor and in the show this character was overdone, not realistic, almost a caricature of his own. Would be good to cut him out for good.

Yara

We might see her again. Unimportant, but possible. Maybe going to Iron Islands was a farewell scene, maybe she has further scenes.

Ellaria

I don't expect to see her again, but that would be fun. The rotted corpse of her daughter, someone like Arya discovering Ellaria in her cell, freeing her. If the show had enough minutes and a little bit more love to detail, this could be a fine short scene.

are they done and forgotten

Well, many of them will be done, their arcs finished.

That does not mean they are forgotton. Neither by us nor the directors. Of course side characters exit a show. That is normal and to be expected. We shouldn't moan about everything.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:05 PM, dbunting said:

The only one that could really serve a purpose would be Daario and it would be cheap if it happened. The thought is, what if that hooded man from the preview is Daario and he is in leadership of the Golden Company. Stay with me. He used to be a sellsword and could have connections to another company of sellswords right? He hears that Cersei wants to hire the Golden Co to fight his Queen Dany. He then hires the Golden Co himself on Danys behalf and the ruse is on. Cersei only thinks she hired them.

Now of course that's not going to happen but hey it's fantasy a way to see Daario.

Is that something the Golden Company does? Don't such outfits gain legitimacy by avoiding dirty tricks? 

23 hours ago, Flightless bird said:

They where fighting under Briennes command on the left flank, still makes me wonder why he'd (as a battle commander) allow someone else to take charge of his men and disappear... Yep I'm more convinced that Sansa is pulling off a Littlefinger move with the Vale being involved. 

I imagine the show didn't think having an old barrel-chested knight out there would look right. Or they just didn't want to bother because that character is only used when necessary. 

20 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

In contrast to the multitude of men that wants to hurt her or outright kill her?

She's had 4 men (Drogo, Jorah, Daario and Jon) visibly fall in love over her over the course of 7 years. That's not really that many even from a normal modern world point of view, especially not for a woman in her position: Powerful, young, beautiful and charismatic. 

I don't even want to start thinking about how many men (and women) who have a celebrity crush on Emilia Clarke. :thumbsup:

We were talking about falling madly in love, not celebrity crushes. Many men have merely wanted her, like Xaro-Xaxos Don't Mess with the Zohan. But she's had a string of men with Jorah-devotion. Tyrion, for instance, just likes her for reasons unexplained. But Daario will debase himself, Jon will give up his kingship (which he didn't want anyway, and he's stupid admittedly), Drogo will carry the Dothraki across the sea for the first time for their son.

It's a level of devotion no other character has inspired. 

4 hours ago, Kajjo said:

A very minor side character. I really don't understand why people are talking so much about this loser. He was more background than character.

He was pivotal in Robb losing the war and involved in the most famous scene of the series. 

12 minutes ago, darmody said:

I imagine the show didn't think having an old barrel-chested knight out there would look right. Or they just didn't want to bother because that character is only used when necessary. 

lol, it did cross my mind that the actor that played Yohn Royce might not have been up to the 55 night shoots done in Ireland during the winter

1 hour ago, darmody said:

We were talking about falling madly in love, not celebrity crushes. Many men have merely wanted her, like Xaro-Xaxos Don't Mess with the Zohan. But she's had a string of men with Jorah-devotion. Tyrion, for instance, just likes her for reasons unexplained.

Probably for the same unconscious reason why the dragons didn't really mind Tyrion. That old Targaryen sibling-attraction thing strikes again. :)

1 hour ago, darmody said:

Or the actor couldn't commit to the 2 months of night shoots.  :)

6 hours ago, Kajjo said:

We have seen a clear farewell scene with Meera and that was it. I would be really surprised to see her again. Meera is not missing but exited the show in my eyes. Yes, the farewell was cold on Bran's side, but that's how Bran is now.

No, Essos is finished, I don't think we see him again. His arc ended, he had his farewell scene. Well done, I might say.

Might come again, might not. I would be happy not to see him again. I didn't like the character nor the actor and in the show this character was overdone, not realistic, almost a caricature of his own. Would be good to cut him out for good.

We might see her again. Unimportant, but possible. Maybe going to Iron Islands was a farewell scene, maybe she has further scenes.

I don't expect to see her again, but that would be fun. The rotted corpse of her daughter, someone like Arya discovering Ellaria in her cell, freeing her. If the show had enough minutes and a little bit more love to detail, this could be a fine short scene.

Well, many of them will be done, their arcs finished.

That does not mean they are forgotton. Neither by us nor the directors. Of course side characters exit a show. That is normal and to be expected. We shouldn't moan about everything.

Spoilers follow.  Nothing major, but spoilers nonetheless.

Spoiler

Both Edmure and Robin are in the Season 8 cast.  So we should be seeing them in episode 5 or 6.  Don't know if they appear for the battle or for any aftermath.  Of course the casting info could be a misdirection :)

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Probably for the same unconscious reason why the dragons didn't really mind Tyrion. That old Targaryen sibling-attraction thing strikes again. :)

Was there any indication on the show that Tyrion didn't belong to Tywin? Aside from Tywin saying something like "since I can't prove you're not mine?" And petting a dragon. 

14 minutes ago, darmody said:

Was there any indication on the show that Tyrion didn't belong to Tywin? Aside from Tywin saying something like "since I can't prove you're not mine?" And petting a dragon. 

Happy Easter, mate! May the Eggs be with you!

If they end up forming a council made up of representatives of each of the regions, we could see some of these characters again 

North - Sansa

Vale - Robyn Arryn (looked after by Royce)

Riverlands - Edmure

Iron Islands  - Yara 

Westerlands - Tyrion

The Reach - Ser Bronn (If Tyrion keeps his promise)

Stormlands - Gendry

Dorne - ‘New prince of Dorne’ (whoever that is.)

I also like the idea of Daario being a secret agent in the Golden Company, but I don’t think it will happen.  I do think the GC will switch sides though and Varys could be be key to making that happen.  

Archived