Targaryen's destiny

Ilissa

On 5/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Ilissa said:

No higher power wants the victory of the Others. Because it means the complete extinction of life in the world. And gods like R'hllor need followers.

Not sure about that.  The Yi Ti legends indicate something happened that lead to the 'Lion of Night' being given free reign.

R'hllor I take to be a 'false god of Asshai'.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:32 PM, Ilissa said:

But I think the real gods are Seven.

Nah.  The Old Gods are the real ones.    :)

18 hours ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

R'hllor I take to be a 'false god of Asshai'.

Why do you think he's false? He gave a lot of power to Melisandre.

18 hours ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

Nah.  The Old Gods are the real ones.    :)

For me, God is the creator of the universe. Only the Seven look like the Creator. Other gods only look like a sort of powerful magical spirits. R'hllor is a kind of powerful fire spirit. The Old Gods are something like ancestral spirits.

5 hours ago, Ilissa said:

Why do you think he's false? He gave a lot of power to Melisandre.

Most of Melisandre's apparent power looks to be based around Asshai spells and magic.

Maybe false isn't the correct term.  Maybe a god or spirit of Asshai.

For me, God is the creator of the universe. Only the Seven look like the Creator. Other gods only look like a sort of powerful magical spirits. R'hllor is a kind of powerful fire spirit. The Old Gods are something like ancestral spirits.

From the Wiki:

The old gods are "based on animism and traditional Pagan beliefs of Wicca and various other Celtic systems and Norse systems", melted into one construct.[9] They nameless and numerous.[10]

I was speaking 'in-universe'.  Not the real world.

Archived