Dany Marries Gendry?

Hippocras

3 hours ago, dbunting said:

That was the plan at Winterfell, not the one after she lost another dragon and clearly has zero control over the water, which is how you can bring in food, so no shortage of food.

An ambush in clear daylight gave Euron a serious advantage in his attack. But Dany is not going to be ambushed again. Thick low clouds and/or darkness make those scorpions far less useful, and she can ambush the fleet. Once gone they are gone. No time to build new ships. She CAN stick to the plan. The only question is her mental state, and if she will choose to. 

5 hours ago, Deminelle said:

True that.

And there's still a possibility (in my mind) that Gendry is Cersei's son, too. Their first child dying was brought up many times in the show, so they could still use it. Jaime could have hid the boy when the parents thought he was a goner. Cersei's even said she never went in crypt to see him. I know that his remains wouldn't be there to watch, but this could imply that his body's not there.

My imagination tends to run wild the closer the next episode is, though.

I'm on board with that theory*, but I don't think it is why Jaime is heading to King's Landing.

He either still loves her, which is why he's going back, or he hates her and is going back to kill her.

He might still tell her about Gendry, but it's not why he is going.

*actually, I think it has already been addressed. Gendry has been legitimised; so he does not need to be legitimate.

11 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I reckon that the battles with the Iron Fleet and the Golden Company will be the last big battles, and that they'll both finish up in tomorrow's episode. I don't think the final episode will be a big battle episode: that's why 803 and 805 have the director they do.

So I don't think there are any more. The next big battles are the last big battles, and 806 will be something altogether different to finish off the series with.

That was the point of my comment, that there is essentially one episode left after the last big battle tonight, too little time, in my opinion, to introduce a new plot line like this.

2 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

That was the point of my comment, that there is essentially one episode left after the last big battle tonight, too little time, in my opinion, to introduce a new plot line like this.

I am genuinely confused why you see it as a new plotline. It is not.

Tyrion is already trying to find ways to prevent the burning of KL. He is going to propose SOMETHING, whether it be this or something else. And whatever it is will need one or two progression scenes, no more than this needs. It is not like there is going to be an actual wedding, just an arrangement.

This fits several story developments simultaneously:

1. It helps with trying to find a way to avoid burning KL, by increasing incentives for riots against Cersei.

2. It helps Dany establish her reign, by marrying someone from Westeros who will at the same time not dominate and sideline her as her consort.

3. It reduces the threat of people pushing Jon's competing claim, because it establishes her in the Baratheon line.

It really doesn't take many scenes for this to play out. Probably a grand total of 7 minutes of screen time.

18 hours ago, darmody said:

She's just Queen Cersei, alone with her zombie, her wizard, and her rockstar pirate. 

Nice phrasing.  It also makes me think about 'the lone wolf dies, the pack survives'.  If we consider the competing major elements fighting to be WINNER and the quality of their pack, we have:

Jon who has the people and his reputation
Dany, who has lost much recently, still has some troops, her fleet, 2 advisors who kind-of doubt her, and 1.5 dragons.  
Cersei, who has a zombie, a wizard, and a rockstar pirate (and maybe her brother?)

I do not think Dany has to marry Gendry as it does not do that much to her pack.  Clearly, Cersei has a miserable pack and will be defeated, despite her cunning.  Jon and Dany have the best chances and the best pack.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:50 AM, Hippocras said:

There is another thread proposing that Dany's turn to Mad Queen is a fake out and she is not going to go all Fire and Blood after all.

What if, as a way to try to bring people securely to her side, she demands that Gendry marry her, as she did in Meereen? Gendry was just turned down by Arya, so he wouldn't necessarily say anything about being in love with her. And Dany wouldn't give him much choice anyway, just tell him it is his duty to help bring peace, because it would establish her dominance in the Baratheon line of succession ahead of Cersei, and if Jon wanted to press his claim it would be via a rival line of succession. Gendry is legitimate now, which means whether intended or not, Gendry is the lawful King of the Baratheon line, not Cersei.

If she makes this move the betrothal/demand would need to happen in E5 or serve no purpose.

That's impossible: American audiences would never accept Dany marrying Gendry!

Dany is Gendry's double second cousin once removed.

That's incest!  Gross! Disgusting and wrong. I can't believe anybody would ever suggest such a thing. That's just bad writing.

Maybe that's why the showrunners plan to see the last episode drunk completely disconnected from the internet for a week or two. The outrage over such a disgusting incest finale would trigger the Faith Militant to rise up and smite them for their abomination. 

17 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

That's impossible: American audiences would never accept Dany marrying Gendry!

Dany is Gendry's double second cousin once removed.

That's incest!  Gross! Disgusting and wrong. I can't believe anybody would ever suggest such a thing. That's just bad writing.

Maybe that's why the showrunners plan to see the last episode drunk completely disconnected from the internet for a week or two. The outrage over such a disgusting incest finale would trigger the Faith Militant to rise up and smite them for their abomination. 

I should clarify that I don't see this as part of the last episode really. I don't see a wedding and happily ever after ending for these two. I am not convinced Dany will survive the series. In my mind it is just a move that can be made in E5 to try to get rid of Cersei without burning KL and also try to confront the competing claim from Jon issue.

8 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

The way thrones is Gendry probably was the black haired beauty thought died and cersei just had him ditched on a door step because hated Robert so much.

People keep bringing this up, but it is quite ridiculous. Gendry REMEMBERS his mother. Not much but enough to know she had yellow hair. So that means he knew her until he was 3.5 years old because before that kids don't make permanent memories. So the whole thing about that show only baby needs to just die already.

13 hours ago, dbunting said:

That was the plan at Winterfell, not the one after she lost another dragon and clearly has zero control over the water, which is how you can bring in food, so no shortage of food. 

I agree, it would be ridiculous if she somehow manages to cut the food supply. She didn't see Euron coming, not even with a dragon so the cut the food supply plan is pretty much done.

To do so she would need to destroy Euron's fleet and if she does that she no longer would need to cut the food supply anyway as that would be a huge blow to Cersei.

Archived