Football: pool in to the Final Spur of the season

Just now, AncalagonTheBlack said:

And what's with the fucking long balls! That's not how we play.

I reluctantly finding myself in agreement with Souness,the midfielders aren't showing themselves for the ball.

Hoping for a good team talk from the boss.

2 minutes ago, lacuna said:

How many perfectly legitimate free kicks/penalties do you suppose are entirely intentional? A minority is my guess. The fact that one doesn't mean to isn't a deciding factor.

Professionals will exploit the rules. If you allow defenders to stand with their arms outspread, they'll all be at it.

Sorry that this goes to you, as it is mostly from everyone not reading, but: read my posts! 

They form a whole.

Your strawman interests me not at all.

Just now, Rorshach said:

Sorry that this goes to you, as it is mostly from everyone not reading, but: read my posts! 

They form a whole.

Your strawman interests me not at all.

And as a whole, I disagree with them, and this was a relevant instance for me to quote. You're saying, essentially, that a ball that hits an outstretched arm isn't a foul. Come on. It's quite simple.

Liverpool is not playing for the second goal. Their game plan is to sit deep (on the lead), defend and not offer the quick Spurs players and space, and see out the game - and up the pace if needed (Spurs score). Basically what the Italian teams did in the 1980s and 1990s. One of those hoofballs getting thru, or getting deflected into Salah's or Mane's feet and hope that's curtains for Spurs. It's a risky tactic, as finding that on-switch can be very tricky, if Spurs were indeed to score.

At least that's how it looks to me.

3 minutes ago, lacuna said:

And as a whole, I disagree with them, and this was a relevant instance for me to quote. You're saying, essentially, that a ball that hits an outstretched arm isn't a foul. Come on. It's quite simple.

You did not take my advice and continue with the strawman. Sorry, but that's what happened there.

Just now, Rorshach said:

You did not take my advice and continue with the strawman. Sorry, but that's what happened there.

Then I must be word-blind. You're not saying it isn't handball because he didn't mean for it to hit his arm?

1 minute ago, lacuna said:

Then I must be word-blind. You're not saying it isn't handball because he didn't mean for it to hit his arm?

Indeed you must be.

I said the strawman was uninteresting, so I'm not replying again until you bother reading the posts.

2 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Indeed you must be.

I said the strawman was uninteresting, so I'm not replying again until you bother reading the posts.

You're saying he's cleared because he's communicating. He could be conjuring a rabbit for all I care, his arm is blocking a passing/shooting lane.

1 minute ago, lacuna said:

You're saying he's cleared because he's communicating. He could be conjuring a rabbit for all I care, his arm is blocking a passing/shooting lane.

And in addition I'm saying...?

Just now, Rorshach said:

And in addition I'm saying...?

That Mane is kicking the ball into him. Again, doesn't matter. Sissoko is the one at fault there, simple as.

Just now, lacuna said:

That Mane is kicking the ball into him. Again, doesn't matter. Sissoko is the one at fault there, simple as.

You still aren't reading my posts.

As this is an insignificant dispute, it doesn't matter, but it is bad form.

43 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Your arse may be in head height, but that's not the norm...

This is good form then?

Also, check your last profile visits, I've read all your last posts about six times, and reread the thread. There's no new info there.

2 minutes ago, lacuna said:

This is good form then?

Also, check your last profile visits, I've read all your last posts about six times, and reread the thread. There's no new info there.

There is. 

The rather small detail about "being able to move the arm away", or distance to the kicker. 

As to the first, a tu quoque is a great way of admitting the charge.

Archived