Football: pool in to the Final Spur of the season

1 minute ago, Rorshach said:

There is. 

The rather small detail about "being able to move the arm away", or distance to the kicker. 

As to the first, a tu quoque is a great way of admitting the charge.

Glass houses and all that jazz. Fun to avoid.

Being able to move the arm away is not relevant when it shouldn't be there in the first place, intent notwithstanding. Which is alluded to in my first post.

Just now, lacuna said:

Glass houses and all that jazz. Fun to avoid.

Being able to move the arm away is not relevant when it shouldn't be there in the first place, intent notwithstanding. Which is alluded to in my first post.

Still part of my point, so when you try to summarize it, it belongs. Good form.

As to the second .. you may or may not find it funny, but remeber that redriver stated (in jest) that Sissoko was trying to wipe his arse. Now, if that were the case, there are few places where the arse may be.

May not be your type of joke, but it came in a setting where it made sense in a context. 

4 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Still part of my point, so when you try to summarize it, it belongs. Good form.

As to the second .. you may or may not find it funny, but remeber that redriver stated (in jest) that Sissoko was trying to wipe his arse. Now, if that were the case, there are few places where the arse may be.

May not be your type of joke, but it came in a setting where it made sense in a context. 

So I didn't in fact make up a strawman then. Since I replied to your point and all.

Just now, lacuna said:

So I didn't in fact make up a strawman then. Since I replied to your point and all.

Oh, for the love of...

Of course you did. It's objectively on these pages in black on white. Get over yourself.

50 minutes ago, lacuna said:

How many perfectly legitimate free kicks/penalties do you suppose are entirely intentional? A minority is my guess. The fact that one doesn't mean to isn't a deciding factor.

Professionals will exploit the rules. If you allow defenders to stand with their arms outspread, they'll all be at it.

Here is one strawman.

43 minutes ago, lacuna said:

And as a whole, I disagree with them, and this was a relevant instance for me to quote. You're saying, essentially, that a ball that hits an outstretched arm isn't a foul. Come on. It's quite simple.

The second.

Can I at least have soylent back to have him rage about Origi being shit footballer. Winding him up is more fun than watching you two still have the meta discussion about the handball, and who built a strawmen on top of it.

Archived