'You couldn't even do it in your best days''

When cornering the Lanister brothers Bronn says something interesting

''You couldn't even do it on your best day, and your best days are long gone, you one handed fuck!'' Bronn tells Jaime when he rises up to defend Tyrion. 

Essentially Bronn is saying he could beat Jaime in his prime, in the time he was one of the strongest warriors in Westeros. What do you think of this statement? Do you consider it to be the truth or is it just smug grandstanding against a man who's currently helpless. 

Personally I'd be surprising to me if it turned out to be true. Bronn always struck me as a very solid fighter but not the absolute best on the continent, as indicated when he takes a deal rather than enter that league when given a chance to enter that league against the Mountain. 

I just took it as that even in his prime, Jamie wouldn't be able to strike Bronn before Bronn shot him with a bolt to the face. 

I didn't take it as a sign of Bronn boasting that he'd beat Jamie in a fair 1v1, that's never been Bronn's way of fighting anyway.

23 hours ago, MinscS2 said:

I just took it as that even in his prime, Jamie wouldn't be able to strike Bronn before Bronn shot him with a bolt to the face. 

I didn't take it as a sign of Bronn boasting that he'd beat Jamie in a fair 1v1, that's never been Bronn's way of fighting anyway.

I take it that Bronn's never gone up against Yoren, who took a crossbow bolt to the chest and kept fighting.

"I've always hated crossbows. Take too long to load!"

Archived