Dany forgot about the iron fleet

7 hours ago, darmody said:

Why didn't they just have the zombie dragon kill Jon's dragon? That's what a lot of people thought happened anyway. 

Because having the ice dragon kill Rhaegal makes to much sense. Simply D&D went for the shock value with Euron killing Rhaegal out of no where.

5 hours ago, TyrionFan82 said:

Yeah, I've said since last week I can't wait to see Yara come in and take out Euron, but will we? I mean I know we saw him last ep....but WTH.

Take out Euron with what -- a fleet of canoes? Torpedo canoes!

5 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

She hasn't forgotten the Iron Fleet.

Varys told her that they had arrived in Kings Landing with the Golden Fleet. And this is where she expects them to be. 

Since Cersei knows (theoretically) that they are all In Winterfell, there is no reason for her to expect them in Dragonstone. She expects a direct attack to the city, as Jon suggests, with the Iron Fleet trying to smuggle food in the capital.

But Cersei expected them at Dragonstone. How did she know they would go there first? And more importantly: when?

Brienne spoke of an ambush.

Because that's Tyrion's plan, he said that in the war council and told Bronn when they were going to sail.

D&D simply trolled us. It's all in the movie. ;)

Look at the geography (which Dumb and Dumber obviously don't).

6 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

Varys told her that they had arrived in Kings Landing with the Golden Fleet. And this is where she expects them to be. 

Since Cersei knows (theoretically) that they are all In Winterfell, there is no reason for her to expect them in Dragonstone. She expects a direct attack to the city, as Jon suggests, with the Iron Fleet trying to smuggle food in the capital.

But Cersei expected them at Dragonstone. How did she know they would go there first? And more importantly: when?

Brienne spoke of an ambush.

Because that's Tyrion's plan, he said that in the war council and told Bronn when they were going to sail.

I tend to write off such things as Qyburn's Little Birds providing good intel.  Like they used to do for Varys.

1 hour ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

I tend to write off such things as Qyburn's Little Birds providing good intel.  Like they used to do for Varys.

I tend to believe she’s been betrayed by a mole. A big one among her most trusted advisors. Varys or Tyrion. Varys even alerted Tyrion of his change of allegiance.

12 hours ago, Ranger Kragin said:

That's another kettle of fish.

We'll never know how modern guns would be effective against moving dragons. But in fantasy, and we'd better remember that GOT is fantasy, not sic-fi nor reality, to each grave threat there's an antidote, or an out-clause. Always. No-one is absolutely invincible, only the gods.

Achilles was pretty invulnerable except for the heel, and this is how Paris, not the greatest warrior but a fair archer, got him.

So it was for Lord of the Rings, so it is for any fantasy vidiogame, so it is for GOT. 

This is a horrible comparison. Achilles being shot in the heel is also unrealistic, but it was an ancient story and things didn't have to make too much sense back then. Like Odysseus coming back home and his house is occupied by men who want to marry his wife.

Lord of the Rings made sense except that there should have been a guard by the volcano.

But A Song of Ice and Fire is about being as realistic as possible in a fantasy world. The scorpions are not magic. Anything that isn't magic follows the normal laws of physics. That's what makes the magical magic, that it's the only thing that breaks the laws of nature.

"In fantasy to each grave threat there is an antidote" Poetic. But it doesn't explain how scorpions can break the laws of physics. People who know nothing about arrows always misunderstand them. Like thinking hey, a girl with slim arms can surely fire a bow and take out big men at a distance, it's just like shooting a rubber band across the room! Or hey, a scorpion can shoot what we want a scorpion to shoot, no problem.

17 hours ago, Pauld123 said:

His explanation is a pure insult to the viewer. Not only is it ridiculous that Dany would forget about the army she was specifically going there to fight, all of her advisors forgot too!!!! 

The writing is now so disrespectful to the characters and the fans who have got to know and understand them over ten years. We can no longer predict what a character will do based on their personality now. We genuinely can only predict what a character will do based on what D&D want them to do.

Yeah, it's even worse than that. Daenerys has become inexplicably dumb. To hell with the mad queen business. She shouldn't be on the throne because she has somehow lost about 80 or 90 IQ points. Maybe she caught some kind of brain virus from her advisors. They started becoming stupid before she did. Tyrion in particular--the guy knew all about the surprise attack that destroyed the Lannister fleet. He's supposed to be some big expert on Westerosi history. And yet his plans keep falling victim to the same dumb "surprise attack" by a cartoon villain. 

"Expects them to be?" This just underlines what Pauld and I say above. Daenerys and her advisors, like a lot of characters in this story, have become too stupid to believe. I don't think Dany & co. even mentioned the Iron Fleet in the battle plans they made with Yara, the Sand Snakes, and the Unsullied. Everyone knew there was this huge fleet out there, and no one said a word about it. Now, the brilliant Targaryens and their allies send a small force sailing across a sea controlled by their enemy, and they do this on the basis of an "expectation." 

Here's how I'd like to see the story end: Cersei, Dany, Tyrion, Jaime, Arya, and just about all the main characters die from a lack of oxygen. They do this because they forget to breath, and they expect that this will not be a problem. 

Archived