Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have read this theory.....somewhere...it basically says that Drogon layed and hatch some eggs while Dany was queen of Mereen.  During that season we barely say Drogon....just when he/she burned some sheep and at the end of that season when he/she rescued Dany from the fighting pits and the sons of the harpy. I am guessing in the trailer for this episode is that Euron sees not just Drogon but a few other dragons in the sky.  This may be far fetched...but Id love to see more dragons....and as its been a few seasons since they've been in Merren Id guess if there are baby dragons they are big enough to cause some major damage.  Let me know what you guys think.....enjoy this episode tomorrow evening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard about this. I don't know that drogon would be old enough or not since the show never really talked about it. However I think given some of the things they did this season this could easily happen and in my opinion would be kinda cool. I really wanted the dragons to come back and not die out again. I was thinking that at the end of the last episode we will see dany "birth" more dragons like she did at the end of season one. I know there are plenty of people who could make good sacrifices. I imagine it would be fitting if varys betrayed dany and she does that in punishment. Anyways I like your idea and I am not sure if it said how long those few seasons actually were in the terms of the shows time. Was it a year,two year,three years,or more. I imagine it would make sense to have jon riding a dragon beside dany  and if it was a dragon dany didn't raise it would be "his".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to imagine Drogon a mommy. Hoping it's more like found a female Dragon in the wild.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s more likely there are more wild Dragons in Valyria, I’m still sticking to the three headed dragon/riders theory.... with one outstanding Targaryen to come to light in the next episode... I would hate for Dany to be killed off and I hate the idea of the mad queen too, it’s too obvious and an easy kip out. I really like her character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

She is in constant mourning and pissed off not mad as insane. Burning Kingsland ing citizens seems not bad when cheer poor Ned being killed. But Davos was from a poor family should people like his father die. Jon won't be for burning innocents. Da enarys cares about children. So doubt too far gone

Edited by Skeletor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe dragons being born will be a closing scene for the series. A foreshadowing of a spin off. How cool would that be? Start off with a prequel about the days when dragon riders ruled Vayria and how they bonded with them, etc., kind of "Dragon Riders of Pern"-ish, then jump forward to a new generation of dragons post GoT and how people learn to bond with them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One theory l read is even better: Dany gives birth to a dragon, literally. The witch in Season 1 (the one who killed her baby and reduced Khal Drogo to a plant) said her baby was covered in scales. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/game-of-thrones/game-of-thrones-season-8-theories-varys-betray-daenerys-episode-5-tyrion-death-hobo-a8910191.html 

After giving birth to the dragon, Dany herself turns into a dragon. Cool.

Edited by Ranger Kragin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Calaryion said:

It’s more likely there are more wild Dragons in Valyria, I’m still sticking to the three headed dragon/riders theory.... with one outstanding Targaryen to come to light in the next episode... I would hate for Dany to be killed off and I hate the idea of the mad queen too, it’s too obvious and an easy kip out. I really like her character.

I can't remember if it went into it in the show but magic came back to a degree when the dragon were born and began to grow. So I don't think there would be any just wondering around. Of course they could do that in the show since they didn't spend so much time linking them up like they did in the books. Although one of the things that made dany so special was that she brought the dragons back. I hope jon gets a dragon though. When you said one outstanding targaryen come to light do you mean jon or someone completely new?

 

Also I don't see her going mad queen. I think the show runners are gonna drag it out until it makes it look like she will but then stop like they did with arya and sansa supposedly being pitted against eachother by little finger. I haven't read spoilers and am doing my best not too so I might be wrong but I think it would be stupid to have her go mad queen.

 

 

Also it's not a fair comparison. Remember that aegon the conqueror burned harenhal (or whatever that place is called) until all that was left was glowing metal and even the stone melted to some degree. And yet he is just considered a great conqueror. And that's not even talking about how him and his sisters burned most of the dornish cities to the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Maybe dragons being born will be a closing scene for the series. A foreshadowing of a spin off. How cool would that be? Start off with a prequel about the days when dragon riders ruled Vayria and how they bonded with them, etc., kind of "Dragon Riders of Pern"-ish, then jump forward to a new generation of dragons post GoT and how people learn to bond with them again.

It will absolutely be one of the last scenes. Because D&D know people love dragons and this is easy for them to do, and it's such an obvious thing to bring hope for a continuation of the thing people like.... Dun dun dun! This just happens to be a good idea.  But they'll do it because it's typical for Hollywood, and they are typical for Hollywood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Also it's not a fair comparison. Remember that aegon the conqueror burned harenhal (or whatever that place is called) until all that was left was glowing metal and even the stone melted to some degree. And yet he is just considered a great conqueror. And that's not even talking about how him and his sisters burned most of the dornish cities to the ground.

You don't think there were people who hated him back then? But in time people just remember what he succeeded with, this is normal. So yes, it is a fair comparison. If Dany burns people and manages to get the throne later generations will admire her boldness, but if she fails she'll just be the one who burned the city for no reason.

And even then, there are differences. Aegon burned the fortress because it was logical for his conquest, I assume. He also showed the dragon's power so that others would bend the knee. Less battles that way. Dany doesn't have to burn King's Landing. What they should burn is the pirate fleet, and then Cersei is a sitting duck with no food coming in. Just like Tyrion said, after that they can just surround the city and wait her out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jarl Halstein said:

You don't think there were people who hated him back then? But in time people just remember what he succeeded with, this is normal. So yes, it is a fair comparison. If Dany burns people and manages to get the throne later generations will admire her boldness, but if she fails she'll just be the one who burned the city for no reason.

And even then, there are differences. Aegon burned the fortress because it was logical for his conquest, I assume. He also showed the dragon's power so that others would bend the knee. Less battles that way. Dany doesn't have to burn King's Landing. What they should burn is the pirate fleet, and then Cersei is a sitting duck with no food coming in. Just like Tyrion said, after that they can just surround the city and wait her out.

Now that cersei has twenty thousand well armed professional soldiers and dany lost the majority of her force and all but one dragon She doesn't have that Overpowering force she had. Also remember that despite the show acting like a siege is somehow "humane" it isn't. The way it works is you starve your enemy until they give up. The poor people are the ones who really take the hit first and will die in great numbers. Then you have the inevitable sickness from a bunch of people living in one place and getting hungry. Also the contaminated water would get them sick. And cersei will be eating just fine the whole time. So again how is that so humane? Her best bet would have been to burn a section of the wall  at a gate to clear it of enemies and have the unsullied head there and break down the gate and then rush in. Then you would have the red keep seperated from everything and could then starve cersei out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×