Anyone Going To Watch The Prequel Series

Skeletor

Benioff & Weiss are not involved, Jane Goldman is a very competent writer, GRRM has apparently developed some new background/lore for this period of history and the rest of the cast is also excellent (particularly John Simm). So, sure, why not?

Probably not. At the moment it feels like it will be a remake of GOT with the ww in the background and the political problems that people will have to overcome to unite against the bad guys.

Then if grrm is involved I would feel like he is joking with the fans that want him to focus in finishing his books. 

On the whole I just feel burned by GOT to want to watch something similar...

No, depending on how this show ends, I may or may not be done with this franchise in it's entirety. There are simply better works of fiction to focus on and get attached too. 

I'd watch a Dunk & Egg series. Should be low-budget enough without CGI creatures that they can really just focus on the story. Not much material as yet with only three stories, but they might lend themselves to better to self-contained episodes written by other writers. Egg's actor would have to not age too much either, so maybe they have him be late teens at the start of the series.

15 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I'm curious to see what they will do. But only because George will be some involved and not D n D. I've seen some casting but don't know anything else. Don't know the actors other then Naomi Watts

There is also Miranda Richardson, the little girl from the Narnia movies, and an actor who played an android on a tv show called Humans.

And yes, of course I will watch it!

10 hours ago, divica said:

Then if grrm is involved I would feel like he is joking with the fans that want him to focus in finishing his books. 

On the whole I just feel burned by GOT to want to watch something similar...

He is involved, as he has said that many times. Look it up on his notablog. And he is continuously joking with his fans for at least over three years by now. I wonder when people here will also start to open their eyes and realise that. 

7 minutes ago, T and A said:

He is involved, as he has said that many times. Look it up on his notablog. And he is continuously joking with his fans for at least over three years by now. I wonder when people here will also start to open their eyes and realise that. 

If he is like an executive producer without much involvement is one thing. If he is really involved and spending a lot of time in the shows it just shows he quit GOT and D&D and traded them for his new toy...

9 minutes ago, divica said:

If he is like an executive producer without much involvement is one thing. If he is really involved and spending a lot of time in the shows it just shows he quit GOT and D&D and traded them for his new toy...

He is developing the story with this new author (Jane something). An executive producer usually is not involved in developing the story. He will have to give them far more informations, than he had to give Benioff and Weiss, since there are no books to copy from. So he will be more involved in this story. 

5 minutes ago, T and A said:

He is developing the story with this new author (Jane something). An executive producer usually is not involved in developing the story. He will have to give them far more informations, than he had to give Benioff and Weiss, since there are no books to copy from. So he will be more involved in this story. 

I wouldn t be too sure. He might just have given them the lore he has about the ww and the people of that time so that their story fits with his books.

Grrm has written twoiaf so most of the background of the prequel probably comes from there and unpublished pages… If he is also developing the story then he is joking with the fans… We will have to wait a while longer. Maybe there won t even be prequels...

11 hours ago, divica said:

I wouldn t be too sure. He might just have given them the lore he has about the ww and the people of that time so that their story fits with his books.

Grrm has written twoiaf so most of the background of the prequel probably comes from there and unpublished pages… If he is also developing the story then he is joking with the fans… We will have to wait a while longer. Maybe there won t even be prequels...

There are barely 2 Pages about the Long Night in TWOIAF. The most stuff he could not include in TWOIAF, he included in Blood and Fire. He has to invent everything, beginning with characters, storyline, outcome and so on. So he has to scratch the story from the beginning. I doubt he won't do nothing regarding those points, and just leave the complete story to that writer.

Archived