Anyone Going To Watch The Prequel Series

Skeletor

Ms Goldman was a co writer of Xmen First Class and Days of future past which is hopefull enough...

If it focuses on the building of the wall and the formation of the Watch, rather than too much on the  WW and wights, it might actually be good....

5 hours ago, Aurane said:

I'n skeptical of the Long Night prequel. The show pulled the rug out from under it.

Yea, I am not sure what they were thinking when they pitched it. They had to know that GoT wouldn't do it's LN  justice when there were only 6 episodes remaining.

5 hours ago, Aurane said:

Given the info that I've seen on the proposed Valyrian prequel, I'll absolutely give it a try. It reminds me of HBO's Rome which is one of my favourite TV shows.

I'd love a show about Valyria, but it would require lots of expensive CGI to do it's justice - i.e. lava rivers flowing through the capital city, volcanoes, very tall towers, lots of dragons, etc. Preferrably it should be set a few years before it's fall featuring Aenar and Daenys the Dreamer, maybe some Velaryon ancestors, Braavos revealing itself, some unlucky characters being carried into slavery, who'd then get involved in the events, etc.

I'll watch it.  Why not?  I've got so many years invested in this story now, I have see it through to the end.  No one likes a quitter, right?  I would prefer a Conquest story or a Blackfyre Rebellion story though.  A Conquest story would require more CGI, however I think they would be forgiven for a scaled down version if the viewers could just get a really good story.  

I hope the prequel series will have less politics and realism and rather focus on the fantasy aspect. Let it just be predictable like Lord of The Rings, good versus evil and good will always triumph. 

Seeing how divisive last season of GOT has gotten because of morally grey characters, just move away from that stuff for the time being. 

I would be quite interested to watch the wars between Ghis and Valyria, starting from when Ghis was the power in the east.

Other prequels i wouldnt mind seeing:

Dunk and Egg

Blackfyre Rebellion

War of the Ninepenny Kings

The Green and Blacks

The Rogue Prince

The wars between the CotF and the first men/andals

I just dont think they would be able to do the long night justice.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:40 PM, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

If it's written and produced by Benioff and Weiss i will watch it religiously, never have i watched such a great comedy show.

If they don't i'm not wasting my time, i skip right to their star wars galore

Well, you could have used Google to get your answer. D&D are not involved in any of the prequels.

Personal opinion: Long Night and Valyria are my prefered one, simply because of the lore and because we basically don't know anything about those events, except for legends. 

I don't care for the Targaryen dynasty in Westeros at all. First, because it is pretty much explained in detaill in TWOIAF, ASOIAF, F&B. Second, because it is yet another story about that damn throne. Most importantly: I want to see a story, I dont know nothing about. Zero. And last but not least: enough with these damn Targaryens.

That being said, doing something original is allways a risky business, because the writer could screw it up. 

1 hour ago, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

that's sad news, i like their comedic writting

I don't know. They can do a comedy about Daario ruling Mereen. Title "The emperors new clothes". With a lot of drinking, boobs, and sex...actually I would watch the hell out of it :D

2 minutes ago, T and A said:

I don't know. They can do a comedy about Daario ruling Mereen. Title "The emperors new clothes". With a lot of drinking, boobs, and sex...actually I would watch the hell out of it :D

if was book daario, blue hair and golden tooth would be indeed quite amusing!

I will watch them, I think they have potential. GRRM is involved and there will be different show writers.

They'll have to ignore a lot of stuff from Game of Thrones in order to have a cohesive story though. The one about the Long Night will have to make everyone forget that the white walker threat was dispatched by a half-trained teenage assassin. 

People saying they're gonna stop watching HBO shows because of GoT are a bit barmy in my view. This is the same company that produced The Sopranos, The Wire and Rome. They gave D+D creative freedom, as you'd want producers to do, and D+D bungled it.

40 minutes ago, Darryk said:

I will watch them, I think they have potential. GRRM is involved and there will be different show writers.

They'll have to ignore a lot of stuff from Game of Thrones in order to have a cohesive story though. The one about the Long Night will have to make everyone forget that the white walker threat was dispatched by a half-trained teenage assassin. 

People saying they're gonna stop watching HBO shows because of GoT are a bit barmy in my view. This is the same company that produced The Sopranos, The Wire and Rome. They gave D+D creative freedom, as you'd want producers to do, and D+D bungled it.

It is the same as saying I won't read anything from this publisher, because the last book of that author, whos book was published by this publisher sucked.

2 hours ago, T and A said:

Exactly :D it's their speciality

20 good men productions present: "we all kinda forget"

Archived