the starks

starklover

27 minutes ago, Mystical said:

As Lady of Winterfell. Which is her goddamn RIGHT. Sansa has made no moves to become Queen in the North or Warden of the North. So where is your evidence? Arya's POV which is informed by her own biases? No thanks, I will go with what was actually on screen. And that was Sansa immediately pointing out that Bran is LoW and she didn't make a fuss about it. And she refused the Lords who wanted to make her Queen. And I can't believe that Sansa letting the Lords vent their frustrations is now a 'betrayal'. Guess she should have taken Arya's advice and cut everyone's head off. Not like that would have started a war right there or anything.

Actually it's Brans birth right, not hers. He just doesn't want it, kind of like Jon didn't want to be King.

I may have missed it but when did actually Lords try to make her Queen? The only time any dissension came up was when Sansa was letting the Lords bad mouth their King like he shouldn't be King any more, which is treasonous and should have been shut down immediately by the person in charge, Sansa. Ned never would have allowed that to happen.

Now, again, I think Sansa is doing good at leading them and has the North in mind.

9 minutes ago, dbunting said:

You skipped a very important part that I quoted(twice) and was replying to.  It was Iron Throne, or anything similar to that.  This was my point, she does want something similar to that

I didn't skip it.  Apparently I did not understand what you meant.  The highlighted statement, especially since it is associated with the Iron Throne, implies that Sansa wants some kind of continent-wide power and/or control.  She really doesn't.

1 minute ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

He will.  He has forgiven everyone else who has done him him wrong, shy of outright killing him. (and Ser Alliser and company were a special case.  he couldn't let them live)

Disagree.

Theon sacked Winterfell for self serving reasons and was forgiven.

Sansa did not do anything remotely close to that.

She will be.  Either Wardeness or Queen of the North.  If Dany ends up on the throne, she cannot alienate the North by not confirming Sansa and the Starks in their old position.  If she tries, the North declares in independence again.

Jon would likely allow Sansa to be Wardeness of the North.

Yeah.  Without Dany, Jon likely heads north.

Though he could assume the crown because its his duty.

You mean like how the north rebelled against house bolton after he killed the starks and broke the law of hospitality. They didn't revolt against bolton then why would they rebel against dany when they are even weaker now. Davos said this in season six when sansa says something about how the north always stands with house stark.

Also I think jon has had enough. And remember when jon first saw theon he said the only reason he didn't kill him was because of him saving sansa.  Sansa has betrayed jon and tried to undermine him over and over again. If dany won't have him because of what sansa did I don't see him forgiving her. I don't see him going to winterfell and killing her or anything but I don't see him spending time with her

1 minute ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

I didn't skip it.  Apparently I did not understand what you meant.  The highlighted statement, especially since it is associated with the Iron Throne, implies that Sansa wants some kind of continent-wide power and/or control.  She really doesn't.

I took, anything similar, and the other comments in the same post about her not wanting power literally. Sansa clearly does want to be in a power position and to say otherwise is ignoring what we have seen on screen, IMO.

1 minute ago, dbunting said:

I took, anything similar, and the other comments in the same post about her not wanting power literally. Sansa clearly does want to be in a power position and to say otherwise is ignoring what we have seen on screen, IMO.

^^This

she wants power. She’s been visibly bitter ever since Jon was named King in the North.

3 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

You mean like how the north rebelled against house bolton after he killed the starks and broke the law of hospitality. They didn't revolt against bolton then why would they rebel against dany when they are even weaker now. Davos said this in season six when sansa says something about how the north always stands with house stark.

People tend to forget that Sansa betrayed Jon and damn near got him and the northerners they brought with them killed in the process. There was no reason not to tell him about the Knights of the Vale coming. How many lives would have been saved if they knew this?

Actually it's Brans birth right, not hers. He just doesn't want it, kind of like Jon didn't want to be King.

I may have missed it but when did actually Lords try to make her Queen? The only time any dissension came up was when Sansa was letting the Lords bad mouth their King like he shouldn't be King any more, which is treasonous and should have been shut down immediately by the person in charge, Sansa. Ned never would have allowed that to happen.

Now, again, I think Sansa is doing good at leading them and has the North in mind.

Glover said something to the effect that the Northern lords did not make Sansa Queen, but perhaps they should have.  That's probably what is meant.  Littlefinger appeared to be campaigning to have Jon set aside and Sansa made Queen.

I'm not sure how Ned would have reacted, but I don't think that he would have too heavy a hand.

The North seems to be more open to air criticisms than the other 6 kingdoms.  Maybe that's because the last 2 Stark Kings were 'elected' by the Northern lords, so the lords feels that they can criticize and even remove Kings that they don't approve of.

4 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Given what happened to her and her family in the South I would think that she wants either a) someone she feels she can influence and/or manipulate on the throne or b) complete separation. I cannot see her going South.

7 minutes ago, UnViserion said:

Why are people saying Sansa has no desire for the iron throne? She would jump at the first opportunity. She’s more self important than Dany. 

No, she wouldn't jump at it.  She doesn't want the Iron Throne.  She wants a North that is in control of its own destiny

3 minutes ago, dbunting said:

People tend to forget that Sansa betrayed Jon and damn near got him and the northerners they brought with them killed in the process. There was no reason not to tell him about the Knights of the Vale coming. How many lives would have been saved if they knew this?

yeah but in the end her getting the knights saved him. Remember at the end he said we need to trust eachother and such. She just betrayed that trust horribly. I think her idea that the north could hold off the other kingdoms by itself especially in it's current state is just idiotic.

10 minutes ago, Tywin Tytosson said:

No, she wouldn't jump at it.  She doesn't want the Iron Throne.  She wants a North that is in control of its own destiny

I completely disagree on that. Nothing personal 

11 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

Given what happened to her and her family in the South I would think that she wants either a) someone she feels she can influence and/or manipulate on the throne or b) complete separation. I cannot see her going South.

I don't see her going south either, no reason to. 

People also tend to forget that the north was safe before all this started. They were not independent, they were a part of the kingdom and still safe. It wasn't until LF started his crap that people started dying.

1 minute ago, UnViserion said:

I completely disagree on that. Nothing personal 

And I completely disagree with this, nothing personal!  Sansa as a child wanted to go to KL and be the Queen. However after being there and seeing how shitty the people are and how they just use you for what they can get, she no longer wants it. She wants to isolate the North though, and that is not a good strategy.

I don't see her going south either, no reason to. 

People also tend to forget that the north was safe before all this started. They were not independent, they were a part of the kingdom and still safe. It wasn't until LF started his crap that people started dying.

Well to be fair robert had let the kingdom fall apart so the kingdom was gonna have alot of trouble sooner or later

3 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Well to be fair robert had let the kingdom fall apart so the kingdom was gonna have alot of trouble sooner or later

C'mon, you mean fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life?

Hope you catch the reference.

2 minutes ago, dbunting said:

C'mon, you mean fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life?

Hope you catch the reference.

Crap I know that refrence but I can't remember it. Robert was alot like aegon the unworthy (I think was his name) He basically ate everything he could and slept with every women he could until he died leaving the kingdom in debt and full of corruption.

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

Crap I know that refrence but I can't remember it. Robert was alot like aegon the unworthy (I think was his name) He basically ate everything he could and slept with every women he could until he died leaving the kingdom in debt and full of corruption.

He was not as bad as Aegon IV He at least had some skills.

13 minutes ago, dbunting said:

And I completely disagree with this, nothing personal!  Sansa as a child wanted to go to KL and be the Queen. However after being there and seeing how shitty the people are and how they just use you for what they can get, she no longer wants it. She wants to isolate the North though, and that is not a good strategy.

I just haven’t seen anything in the show that would lead me to believe she’s no longer interested in possibly ruling Westeros. Even if her time in KL was bad (to say the least).

Archived