the starks

starklover

There's only three Starks left and their respective reactions to getting offered the Iron Throne would be:

Arya: No! That's not ME!

Sansa: I can't take the Throne! The throne is in the South! And all of a sudden I love the North! Northnorthnorthnorthnorthnorth. Nothing bad ever happened to me in the North! Northnorthnorthnorth...... NORTH!

Brann: I do not desire things anymore. I cannot take part in mortal affairs. You were so beautiful when you offered me the Throne.

9 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Aegon in his prime was a great warrior and when he became king he just did whatever he wanted. They are very similar except aegon wanted to be king where as robert didn't

You are right that there are a lot of parallels. I would personally give Robert a bit higher of a standing because of his accomplishments but definitely similar.

15 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Crap I know that refrence but I can't remember it. Robert was alot like aegon the unworthy (I think was his name) He basically ate everything he could and slept with every women he could until he died leaving the kingdom in debt and full of corruption.

Animal House.

Funny how everything repeats itself. Aegon the Unworthy sounds exactly like King Bob

Indeed, @Orphalesion, Jon has moved out of the Stark sphere into a higher-energy orbit, heh. The remaining three no longer exist as a unified entity. In fact, I find them hard to grasp as human beings. They are more like game pieces taking their positions for the final battle.

3 minutes ago, Gendelsdottir said:

Indeed, @Orphalesion, Jon has moved out of the Stark sphere into a higher-energy orbit, heh. The remaining three no longer exist as a unified entity. In fact, I find them hard to grasp as human beings. They are more like game pieces taking their positions for the final battle.

They are just trying way to hard to convince the audience that they haven't completely dropped the ball on Sansa's and Arya's storyline after season 4.

They try to make Sansa hyper competent to make up for the BS with Ramsay and super-northern to redeem her in the eyes of those fans who hated her for being not Stark-like enough.

And Arya they turned into an Uber-Death-Kill-Assassin to distract us from the fact that she has become a cardboard parody of her Season 1-4 self and that the whole Braavos episode was a several years long waste of time.

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

I don't think jon would forgive her for this. Or at least not be able to stand being in her presence.

He forgave her for keeping the Vale army a secret and not giving a crap about Rickon's life. I think that's a bigger issue. 

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

yeah but in the end her getting the knights saved him. 

No possible way she could have known that. And remember, she may have saved Jon but she didn't save Rickon. She didn't even try. 

3 minutes ago, darmody said:

He forgave her for keeping the Vale army a secret and not giving a crap about Rickon's life. I think that's a bigger issue. 

she said that rickon was already dead because she knew ramsey would kill him. She still didn't turst jon at that time bujt ended up saving the day. So while it was stupid it was a mistake she made out of caution. This is just her being greedy and cruel. And again he would have lost without sansa so... he kinda had to forgive her.

1 minute ago, darmody said:

No possible way she could have known that. And remember, she may have saved Jon but she didn't save Rickon. She didn't even try. 

Because rickon was already DEAD She knew they wouldn't get him back and said that. It was a harsh thing to say but it was true and he needed to realize it. This is just her doing it for her own reasons. This isn't some mistake she made it was her choice. Not because she was scared...forgot it were aren't gonna agree.

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

she said that rickon was already dead because she knew ramsey would kill him. She still didn't turst jon at that time bujt ended up saving the day. So while it was stupid it was a mistake she made out of caution. This is just her being greedy and cruel. And again he would have lost without sansa so... he kinda had to forgive her.

She didn't trust Jon. The commander of their army. The man who gave her an army, really. Without whom she'd be shelterless with Brienne and Pod. 

Rickon wasn't already dead, is the point. It's all well and good to pretend you know everything about Ramsay when really all you know is that he was cruel to you and Theon. But Sansa could at least have tried to use the Vale army to negotiate. Ramsay probably would have withdrawn into Winterfell with Rickon, but at least they'd have tried. 

Rickon was Robb's presumptive heir as King in the North. What was the battle about, if not that? Mere possession of Winterfell? 

7 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Because rickon was already DEAD She knew they wouldn't get him back and said that. It was a harsh thing to say but it was true and he needed to realize it. This is just her doing it for her own reasons. This isn't some mistake she made it was her choice. Not because she was scared...forgot it were aren't gonna agree.

It was true and he needed to realize? You do realize that if Sansa hadn't kept her secret Ramsay couldn't have pulled his trick and induced the attack of mega-stupidity in Jon that nearly got himself and his entire army killed. That's High Treason. But

You don't get to decide you're Dr. Freud, the only one who knows the mind of Ramsay, keep secrets from the guy fighting for you, and play with your army, its commander, and your little brother like they're disposable. 

Archived