Valonqars

ummester

Pretty sure the Maggy prophesy was only included in the show to foreshadow the death of Cersei's 3 children with golden shrouds. Now, Jaimie or Tyrion could end up being the Valonquar, but if it's not them I will just take it as a change from the books that D&D knew they were going to make. Trying to justify anyone who ends up killing her as being a "younger sibling" after the fact will be an exercise in futility, especially as we read more interviews with the directors about the reasons things happened in their episodes lol

Well at least we can argue until the release of the final book (or forever, if it doesnt happen) about whether Martin-verse will treat things completely differently regarding this prophecy, since clearly the show never bothered to acknowledge it.

I thought that Jaime killing Cersei would have been the only satisfying conclusion to their story, so of course it didn't happen. This was one of the things regarding the ending I have always looked forward to, and I think that acting-wise NCW and LH could have pulled it off. 

6 hours ago, Remember said:

Pretty sure the Maggy prophesy was only included in the show to foreshadow the death of Cersei's 3 children with golden shrouds.

But the prophecy is not entirely accurate. Cersei in S1 mentioned that she had a child with Robert that died very young.

Spoiler

And then there is the issue of the golden shrouds. Joffrey was crowned king following Robert's death. Tommen was crowned king following Joffrey's death. In the books Arianne crowned Myrcella queen, following the dornish custom. But in the tv series was it ever even implied that Myrcella was queen?

10 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Tyrion told Jamie to take her to that spot where they died

Well, the other side of the rockfall. I'm just disappointed Jamie didn't mention offhand that it was Tyrion's plan to save her. That would have REALLY pissed her off in her final moments.

so the valonquar prophecy is just another thing D&D decided to ignore... :(

3 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Technically Tyrion told Jamie to take her to that spot where they died. Cersei was crying. Jamie's hand was on her face and neck. I mean...maybe Maggie just is kinda shit at reading the tea leaves?

Yeah, I thought about it too and I suppose that it can be interpreted that way (Tyrion is valonquar because he freed Jaime, or Jaime is valonquar because he led Cersei to the basement) but I think that's reaching. Valonquar just ain't thing in the show. I expect Jaime to be the valonquar in the books and kill Cersei (kill, not lead into basement).

4 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Technically Tyrion told Jamie to take her to that spot where they died. Cersei was crying. Jamie's hand was on her face and neck. I mean...maybe Maggie just is kinda shit at reading the tea leaves?

Yeah, the valonqar thing was never part of the show but that same scene could happen in a book with a line about Jaime trying to protect her from the sky collapsing but her last living sensation being the arm around her throat getting heavier and heavier....

She probably got pressed down by Jaime and dies by suffocating. Prophecies are a complex thing. Works for me somehow. Not perfect, but OK. 

Since the Valonqar prophecy was NOT part of the show, they did not have to deliver on it. Simple as that.

While I strictly belief that fundamental issues like Daenerys turning mad or King's Landing destroyed will be like in the books, I could live with a little bit more complex death of Jaime and Cersei in the books.

Archived