Valonqars

ummester

2 minutes ago, Kajjo said:

She probably got pressed down by Jaime and dies by suffocating. Prophecies are a complex thing. Works for me somehow. Not perfect, but OK. 

He did no such a thing though, they just died under the fallen rocks,

So prophecies were just shit in this series, as I said, Stannis should've been the prince that was promised otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Erkan12 said:

So prophecies were just shit in this series, as I said, Stannis should've been the prince that was promised otherwise.

The Valonqar prophecy was NOT part of the show. My goodness.

1 hour ago, Kajjo said:

She probably got pressed down by Jaime and dies by suffocating. Prophecies are a complex thing. Works for me somehow. Not perfect, but OK. 

Since the Valonqar prophecy was NOT part of the show, they did not have to deliver on it. Simple as that.

While I strictly belief that fundamental issues like Daenerys turning mad or King's Landing destroyed will be like in the books, I could live with a little bit more complex death of Jaime and Cersei in the books.

:worried:

I'm 100 percent certain in the books Jaime kills Cersei, it is foreshadowed with the prophecy of course but Jaimes whole character development is headed towards redemption and owning his mistakes which were all connected to that toxic minipulative relationship. I'm also convinced the showrunners were faced with the dilema of having Arya kill Cersei and overpower and over use her in Jaimes stead and on the other gold hand having Jaime strangle the woman most viewers believed he raped in season 4                                 

"We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste. We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologized immediately for this inadvertent, careless mistake. We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production."

They were terrified to do anything other than Jaime fighting his way to die by her side nonsense. They portrayed Cersei as a helpless victim in the end.

Archived