Davos Seaworth

Does Davos still have a purpose? I think he is as likely to live as any. I wonder if he has been set up as a sort of "doubting Thomas" character concerning the Lord of Light. He certainly believes in the Lord of Light but thinks its and evil God. His comment after Melisandre dies about the Lord of Light fucking off leaving no blessings or messages makes me think he has a future with the Lord of Light. I think the blessing of the Lord of Light was putting followers in place to push and protect key people, especially Arya, who helped defeat the Night King. Maybe Davos is going to convert into a priest for the Lord of Light, turn into a devout believer?

Davos hasn't had purpose for several seasons. The last thing he actually did which resulted in any sort of payoff was convince Mel to resurrect Jon. 

After that he's essentially been around as Jon's "Hand-but-not-quite-because-Jon-isnt-a-king".
He on occasion says something really smart and clever, but there's never any payoff to any of it. People hear what he says, then ignore it.  

He's well liked (I like him myself), but you could essentially remove him from the last couple of seasons without changing a thing to the entire story.
(One can argue that him bringing Gendry back to the story will be important at some point, but as of S8E4, Gendry hasn't really been that important to the story as a whole. The whole "Gendry is the fastest, run back to the wall"-plot was contrived at best and could've been resolved differently if he wasn't there, and Gendry and Arya hooking up is basically fan service with no payoff. Maybe Gendry being legitimized will result in something, but I doubt it...)

Archived