[Spoilers] Episode 805 Discussion

Ran

Just now, divica said:

They don t have to shot drogon burning the city during an hour. That is just boring.

And danny has no reason to want to burn innocent children! come on… Not even mad danny would do that!

First off, there were many other story beats here than just the dragon burning the city. Do I really, really have to list them all out for you? Please.

Sure the conquering foreigner with a WMD had no reason to burn innocent townspeople.

But she did. She was terrible and she made very bad decisions. That's what George is showing us. Dany has always been destined to be a tragic figure. That's essential to the song George has created here. See the Greeks. See Shakespeare. Why do good people do bad things? Why do they fail, why do they fall? 

That's the important thing.

How is Jon even still a candidate to anyone for the throne? He is complicit in everything that happened here. He bend the knee to Dany even though he didn't have to. He constantly re-affirmed that Dany is their Queen and she shits gold because he's so freaking spineless. He dragged the North into the throne fight so the North also committed these atrocities.

How, just how is this guy in any way, shape or form an acceptable candidate for any throne?

I think if this wasn’t 6 episodes I wouldn’t feel like this is trash. But we’ve got what we got, and this episode might’ve been the worst ever. And all those people whining about the writers and how they did Sansa last episode should recognize they turned Dany crazy so Jon would be justified in killing her. 

I think what we’ll get in the books will be very different thank goodness 

Just now, Cas Stark said:

I agree, a ceiling falling on them was not very engaging.

Tell that to Edgar Allen Poe: it's a literary callback to The Fall of the House of Usher, even right down to the incestuous reproduction that goes nowhere and the building collapsing on the incestous twin lovers, killing them in the end.

Come on, how could you not see that coming?

Just now, Mystical said:

How is Jon even still a candidate to anyone for the throne? He is complicit in everything that happened here. He bend the knee to Dany even though he didn't have to. He constantly re-affirmed that Dany is their Queen and she shits gold because he's so freaking spineless. He dragged the North into the throne fight so the North also committed these atrocities.

How, just how is this guy in any way, shape or form an acceptable candidate for any throne?

Yes Jon doesn't deserve the throne.