[Spoilers] Episode 805 Discussion

Ran

1 minute ago, 420faceless said:

Her previous solutions came when she burned everything

Yup.

It makes her feel powerful and thus "better"--it's clearer in the books, but still: they've shown how much Dany likes power. She's been choosing between them for a while.

Here's the final choice--a long time coming.

2 minutes ago, Chloe.a.thomson said:

Im not sure how I feel about it yet, but when Euron stabbed Jamie, I thought FOR SURE that Arya was going to find him (either day, or dying), take his face and kill Cersei.

I was never a fan if that theory but it is, or was a possibility. I think the whole issue is that everything changed the momentvthey had Jaime support Cersei in s5 instead of abandoning her. I think that it was the moment when they decided to change the whole point of the valonqar.

I don't get it. What is the motivation for Dany to carry on obliterating King's Landing despite the surrender?The people of KL have not wronged her to cause any grievances. She could have just destroyed the Red Keep with Cersei and co in it. I feel like there is a hole, a missing link here. It feels too abrupt?

3 minutes ago, FeastForCrows said:

This episode moved me, Lena Headey was the star.  

Lena Headey is always a star--not quite to the level of Olenna.

But yes--even I felt sorry for her at the end. Not enough to wish her well, but to mourn what could have been.

Lena's really, really good.

22 minutes ago, Pandean said:

very helpful

The battle started basically with Dany burning Euron's fleet, the armies arrayed could hear it on the other side of the city, they all looked about to go..........the booms got closer and Drogon blew the City Gate from behind the Golden Co.  Battle, battle, burning of soldiers, fighting,, all over, then as Dany lands on the roof and the surrender bells go off, so does she........not straight to the Red Keep but all the sudden after her whacked look......she started burning the city and buildings and people indiscriminately.  Every thing you can think of, I got worn out for Drogon watching it.  Poor guy, LOL

All through human history after almost every war the conquerors burn and sack the cities.  This does NOT mean Dany is mad!!!!  It's called revenge.  Rome literally ground Carthage into the ground when they conquered them.  They poured salt into the soil and plowed it under where Carthage stood.  

I asked my Husband who fought in Vietnam and killed people what he thought after watching this.  His answer was "You have know idea what it's like in war and yes that's what happens".  He also said "war is madness and it makes you mad".  My Husband is 75 years old and he still has nightmares from Vietnam.

Just now, Lady Lovisa said:

I don't get it. What is the motivation for Dany to carry on obliterating King's Landing despite the surrender?The people of KL have not wronged her to cause any grievances. She could have just destroyed the Red Keep with Cersei and co in it. I feel like there is a hole, a missing link here. It feels too abrupt?

Yes, it does feel abrupt. She probably felt jealous of Jon, she probanlybfelt angry about Tyrions treason and Missandeis death. 

1 minute ago, Lady Lovisa said:

westeros doent love her....so she is saying fuck it.

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

The battle started basically with Dany burning Euron's fleet, the armies arrayed could hear it on the other side of the city, they all looked about to go..........the booms got closer and Drogon blew the City Gate from behind the Golden Co.  Battle, battle, burning of soldiers, fighting,, all over, then as Dany lands on the roof and the surrender bells go off, so does she........not straight to the Red Keep but all the sudden after her whacked look......she started burning the city and buildings and people indiscriminately.  Every thing you can think of, I got worn out for Drogon watching it.  Poor guy, LOL

thanks!

1 minute ago, Hodor&Bran said:

All through human history after almost every war the conquerors burn and sack the cities.  This does NOT mean Dany is mad!!!!  It's called revenge.  Rome literally ground Carthage into the ground when they conquered them.  They poured salt into the soil and plowed it under where Carthage stood.  

I asked my Husband who fought in Vietnam and killed people what he thought after watching this.  His answer was "You have know idea what it's like in war and yes that's what happens".  He also said "war is madness and it makes you mad".  My Husband is 75 years old and he still has nightmares from Vietnam.

that was madness.