[Poll] How would you rate episode 805?

Ran

How would you rate episode 805?   

496 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

It was pretty obvious from before the credits rolled which direction this was going to go, huh? Tonight's episode was a compellingly horrifying spectacle that resolved the fates of several major characters and cemented the fates of others, and I would have really appreciated it more had Dany's decision to murder the entire city of King's Landing after they surrendered to her made a lick of sense, given her behavior during the first 70 episodes. I said that, barring some ridiculously out-of-character turn from Daenerys, calling her The Mad Queen would be terribly unfair. Well, mission accomplished.

Was the Night King the big baddie? Nope. Cersei? Nope. It was Daenerys all along, I guess. So how do you rate an episode that is so well shot, so well directed, so well performed, and which intentionally assassinates a main character's character? I have no idea.

Edit: What the hell, I'm giving it an 8. 

Edited by Anthony Pirtle
Manning up and scoring this thing.

It's the best episode so far, they finally dropped the act and showcased Dany's true colors, she's never been right about anything in her life, everything she did from season 1 up to now was filled with madness and arrogance.

The worst way they could have ended this show is by having the kind and gentle good ruler Daenerys sits on the throne uncontested

Now I hope she'll die and that it'll be by Jon's hand

The only redeeming quality is showing the human portion of Fire and Blood we read about the dragons taking over cities, we heard Arya loving the dragonriders of the past, and now we see the real life and other than that it's just No. - I said from the beginning that King's landing does need a leveling but not the people it just needs to be rebuilt bigger wider smarter. 

Oh and if there are any holdouts on the 'Jon should be king'.. Do please tell me your logic. 

Edited by Roux

I just... An entire rewatch of the series knowing what Danny becomes will be a little "bittersweet", as the show runners kept saying. But watching it in real time, it just feels disappointing. Despite what a lot of people have said, Danny did have a kind side and didn't always take the "mad" route. I don't think this level of crazy was warranted. I think if she'd flown just to the keep to kill Cersei it would've been borderline enough for her to face repercussions from Jon. But the entire City of Innocents and surrendering soldiers? Ugh

3 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Visually, it was fantastic (I could actually see this battle.) And, of course, Cleganebowll!!!!!!

I agree it look amazing! Cleganebowl wasn't what I imagined and I'm so devastated Sandor had to die to kill his bro!

What do D&D have against prophecies? Why couldn't Jaime or even Arya kill Cersei?! 

The northern went as rabid as Dany's troops. I'm not happy about that either. 

Arya is conviently the last person alive in KL and there is a surviving  horse too! How's that for luck? I'm surprised she walk with so much plot armour.

I feel so let down but storyline, but can't get over how awesome it all looked while destroying my hopes and dreams. Maybe I'll rate it a 6 just for cinematography?

This was the most boring episode I saw...  so 1

Arya being there was clearly for the POV, but barely worked. We already had that part with Jon imo. And that Weasel plotzee was too short. But death rode out on a pale mare, I guess.

Cleganebowl was just nothing. I felt nothing, and then they even try to reuse the Oberon effect. And I felt nothing. Was glad Sandor decided to end the boring thing by jumping into a sea of fire with Clegane.

No amount of rain of castamere heart strings can make me feel for Cersei, and Nikolai could not sell this thing. I can see Jaime returning to Cersei, but then they should have him separate much much earlier than he did. 4 episodes just wasn't enough. Was glad when FINALLY the buildings buried them.

Sheesh, they cut have edited out 20 mins out of that episode at the very least.

It was exactly what the show has been fore several seasons.  A bunch of scenes barfed onto the screen with no connection and nothing making sense.  Some of the scenes were fine, but nothing stands out as great.  I liked the Clegane Bowl outline on paper, I just thought it was filmed like shit.

6/10 meaning it is better than 60% of the shit on TV.

This one is a tough call.  As a stand alone episode, I quite enjoyed it.  Probably the closest vision to what Martin probably considers the horrors of war.  

Unfortunately looking at the series as a whole, the show runners failed miserably in leading up to what happened in this episode.  Dany’s 180 was just too jarring and too out of left field.

Making Jon as the alternative is also a bit too pat.  At least as it currently stands.  Varys’ lesson to Tyrion early on is that power is a mummer’s trick.  What really matters is who people are willing to follow.  It shouldn’t matter as to birthright, instead what should matter is who has the best traits of leadership.  

Yet, the argument for Jon is that he has the better claim, because Rhaegar was his father.  It’s just a happy coincidence then, that the better ruler also just so happens to have the better claim to the Iron Throne.  The whole things just seems off to me.

Perhaps we’ll learn something next week, that will disabuse me of this.

And yes, I think that the one and only prophecy that the show bothered to get into, was the whole Volonquar thing.  I guess that Jaime did have his hands somewhat close to Cersei’s neck as the ceiling caved in.  :dunno:

24 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

It was pretty obvious from before the credits rolled which direction this was going to go, huh? Tonight's episode was a compellingly horrifying spectacle that resolved the fates of several major characters and cemented the fates of others, and I would have really appreciated it more had Dany's decision to murder the entire city of King's Landing after they surrendered to her made a lick of sense, given her behavior during the first 70 episodes. I said that, barring some ridiculously out-of-character turn from Daenerys, calling her The Mad Queen would be terribly unfair. Well, mission accomplished.

Was the Night King the big baddie? Nope. Cersei? Nope. It was Daenerys all along, I guess. So how do you rate an episode that is so well shot, so well directed, so well performed, and which intentionally assassinates a main character's character? I have no idea.

Edit: What the hell, I'm giving it an 8. 

I did the same.  This was where her character was always going in the books, but the show failed to make the transition feel natural.

Most if this episode was great.  Jaime, Cersei and Arya were quite disappointing though.

23 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

given her behavior during the first 70 episodes. I said that, barring some ridiculously out-of-character turn from Daenerys, calling her The Mad Queen would be terribly unfair.

Oh come on, she's been tottering on the edge for a long time. Insanity is not logical. That's what makes it so unpredictable.

13 minutes ago, Remember said:

I just... An entire rewatch of the series knowing what Danny becomes will be a little "bittersweet", as the show runners kept saying. But watching it in real time, it just feels disappointing. Despite what a lot of people have said, Danny did have a kind side and didn't always take the "mad" route. I don't think this level of crazy was warranted. I think if she'd flown just to the keep to kill Cersei it would've been borderline enough for her to face repercussions from Jon. But the entire City of Innocents and surrendering soldiers? Ugh

Her final solution to all her problems is always to burn them all. She sometimes tries the floppy ears on, but it never lasts. In the end it's always fire and blood.  Go back and think about all her "victories". Every single one of them.