[Poll] How would you rate episode 805?

Ran

How would you rate episode 805?   

496 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

This episode was very revealing for me. Firstly, it was another visual masterpiece, and the direction as far as visuals go was top knotch. I disagreed with some areas of the plot, but they are never going to please everyone so I'm not gonna get all defensive and critical. 

Im glad Cersei is dead, but I do wish it had happened in a different way, and as much as I knew Jaime was always going to die with her, I wish he didn't. I'm sad Jaime is dead, he really was an incredible character, and I went on quite a journey with him. He didn't deserve the end he got after everything he went through. 

Didn't expect Varys to die so quickly, it did seem a little rushed, but I guess everything has to be on the show. 

I have so much respect for Tyrion for trying everything he could to stop Daenerys burning the city, he even betrayed her to do it, and he tried to spare Cersei, even after everything she done to him! He is a truly good person who genuinely cares about people, and not just people he knows. I just hope he doesn't die because of it. 

I think Jon has finally realized that Daenerys is beyond help. She doesn't care about anyone. She wants the throne and she will do anything to get it, too bad she pretty much destroyed it. There will be a stand off between those two in the next episode, Jon needs to stop hiding behind her, he knows who he is, he knows he could rule far better than she ever could and people will follow him. No one will follow her after she burned an entire city to the ground when she didn't need to. She lost the minute she decided that a burnt city with dead people was better than a practically untouched city with people who hated Cersei almost as much as she did. I'm disappointed that she done this. Shes no better than Cersei now in my eyes. 

I think Arya could be on her way to kill Daenerys, she missed out on Cersei, but she saw the damage Daenerys done to that city and she believes Jon will make a better King! If anyone can kill her she can, and I hope she does! 

Honestly, I still don't see Daenerys as insane or suffering from any kind of mental illness.

She was just beyond furious.

But the writing behind it was atrociously idiotic. No one, and I mean, absolutely no one, is that angry for that long of a period of time.

King's Landing needs to be destroyed and, most assuredly, will be destroyed in the books. But Daenerys (no matter how she is going to be perceived) is going to do it out of what's best for everyone. Also, since the city will likely be both Qyburn's science lab, ground zero for a greyscale epidemic and Euron's playground by that point....it'd be for the better.

Ahhh. I don't even know. I wish that Dany scorching an entire city made more sense. I mean why? I get they are trying to portray the mad queen but what reason does she have to have gone mad? Recently anyway. 

She was physically & verbally assaulted & abused by her brother - didn't make her mad

Sold to the Dothraki & forced to marry a man she couldn't even speak the same tongue as - didn't go mad

Had her husband that she subsequently fell in love with & her child taken from her - didn't go mad

Had numerous people she cared about killed etc - didn't go mad

Why now? Because Jon is the supposed rightful heir? 

Idk I just wish that her madness made more sense. She gets all crazy saying Jon betrayed her but Jon told her he was going to tell Sansa & Arya. 

Why for godsake would she want to burn the city down after it had surrendered? The bells made her crazy? 

It's ok though because - Clegane Bowl right? Wtf ever. 

There were some really beautiful & tragic images in this episode & taken by itself I don't think it was bad. There was some good acting for sure. 

Can someone please explain to me what in the fuck Jaime was doing??? All the sudden he is hell bent on saving Cersei - almost let the peon Urine kill him in the process?! This show just had me flabbergasted. 

Oh no Arya is dead! 

Wait, no she isn't. Oh no! Arya is dead again! 

Wait, nope she is good. 

Was that Gendry that ran up to her towards the end? 

I'm sorry my thoughts are all over the place. 

3 minutes ago, cirah1712 said:

This episode was very revealing for me. Firstly, it was another visual masterpiece, and the direction as far as visuals go was top knotch. I disagreed with some areas of the plot, but they are never going to please everyone so I'm not gonna get all defensive and critical. 

Im glad Cersei is dead, but I do wish it had happened in a different way, and as much as I knew Jaime was always going to die with her, I wish he didn't. I'm sad Jaime is dead, he really was an incredible character, and I went on quite a journey with him. He didn't deserve the end he got after everything he went through. 

Didn't expect Varys to die so quickly, it did seem a little rushed, but I guess everything has to be on the show. 

I have so much respect for Tyrion for trying everything he could to stop Daenerys burning the city, he even betrayed her to do it, and he tried to spare Cersei, even after everything she done to him! He is a truly good person who genuinely cares about people, and not just people he knows. I just hope he doesn't die because of it. 

I think Jon has finally realized that Daenerys is beyond help. She doesn't care about anyone. She wants the throne and she will do anything to get it, too bad she pretty much destroyed it. There will be a stand off between those two in the next episode, Jon needs to stop hiding behind her, he knows who he is, he knows he could rule far better than she ever could and people will follow him. No one will follow her after she burned an entire city to the ground when she didn't need to. She lost the minute she decided that a burnt city with dead people was better than a practically untouched city with people who hated Cersei almost as much as she did. I'm disappointed that she done this. She's no better than Cersei now in my eyes. 

I think Arya could be on her way to kill Daenerys, she missed out on Cersei, but she saw the damage Daenerys done to that city and she believes Jon will make a better King! If anyone can kill her she can, and I hope she does! 

She was angry that the bells of surrender meant that she wouldn't get to vent her wrath on the city. So she ignored them.

No, the city will never accept her as monarch, and neither will the nobility. She's basically let her temper and poor thinking destroy what she most wanted.

That's what her whole plot arc as been been throughout the whole series. It's what George is trying to show about power and so many other things.

Her quest for the Iron Throne is over now.

Again, I said Dany will be hated in all of Westeros. People kept trying to tell me that -

Only at first will she be hated, but then shell save everyone from the Others and will be loved! 

Nope! A story where main characters always cause their own downfall, wont all of a sudden not do it for Dany. She was always going to be the mad queen.

Too many out of character moves to get the plot forced forward. Massacre the citizens... where does that fit in her makeup. Varys feeling like he has to back the good guy, well then, why not do it when Ned was on the chopping block, he has always stayed alive to be a force for steering not falling on his sword for some strange gamble. This was great visually but poor tactically.

Edited by Just a Cat

6 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

King's Landing needs to be destroyed and, most assuredly, will be destroyed in the books. But Daenerys (no matter how she is going to be perceived) is going to do it out of what's best for everyone. Also, since the city will likely be both Qyburn's science lab, ground zero for a greyscale epidemic and Euron's playground by that point....it'd be for the better.

And thousands, even tens of thousands of innocents needed to be burnt to a cinder?

No.

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

She was angry that the bells of surrender meant that she wouldn't get to vent her wrath on the city. So she ignored them.

No, the city will never accept her as monarch, and neither will the nobility. She's basically let her temper and poor thinking destroy what she most wanted.

That's what her whole plot arc as been been throughout the whole series. It's what George is trying to show about power and so many other things.

In the books she is staying in Mereen trying to not use violence and make things the right way while people like Barristan are trying to rush her to conquer the seven kingdoms.

So she has yet to take the wrong turn in the books. But i do think she will in a more complex way, of course.

7 minutes ago, Kyrion said:

Again, I said Dany will be hated in all of Westeros. People kept trying to tell me that -

Only at first will she be hated, but then shell save everyone from the Others and will be loved! 

Nope! A story where main characters always cause their own downfall, wont all of a sudden not do it for Dany. She was always going to be the mad queen.

She's is no mad queen. LMAO.

8 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Well, they accepted Cersei, who blew up the sept, killed her own family, caused the death of her son, killed the queen, killed the last king....and there aren't many nobles left.

I agree that she will never rule now, but it's not like it is a foregone conclusion because she's somehow worse than Cersei, she isn't.

4 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

And thousands, even tens of thousands of innocents needed to be burnt to a cinder?

No.

Yes.

Because by the time we get there in the books, the city will already be hell on earth. Worse than hell on Earth. All kinds of Lovecraftian horrors and sadistic joyrides are likely to take place there under the supervision of Cersei and Euron.

Not only that but it's probably going to be Euron's launchpad for eldritch global destruction and domination.

It's been spelled out since A Game of Thrones. The city has been nothing but monument to everything horrible about humanity and politics. It's going to have to go. That and the people in it are going to have to wise up and get out of dodge or bite the bullet.

I hear the Summer Islands are nice.

11 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Why would she want to vent her wrath on the city?

No, I feel like she snapped because the bells were annoying and because she thought it was a yet another ploy of Cersei's

1 minute ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Why would she want to vent her wrath on the city?

No, I feel like she snapped because the bells were annoying and because she thought it was a yet another ploy of Cersei's

It would have made a bit more sense, if she had been convinced by someone that the ringing of the bells was a sign that the city was rallying against her as opposed to surrendering.