[Poll] How would you rate episode 805?

Ran

How would you rate episode 805?   

496 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

4 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Well, they accepted Cersei, who blew up the sept, killed her own family, caused the death of her son, killed the queen, killed the last king....and there aren't many nobles left.

I agree that she will never rule now, but it's not like it is a foregone conclusion because she's somehow worse than Cersei, she isn't.

Oh no she is far worse than Cersei. Cersei while she was a conniving bitch and murderer she never went so far as to order her soldiers to kill a whole town. Daeny on the other hand has pretty much assured her destruction after this episode because when the city stood down she chose to burn it all. 

17 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

She was angry that the bells of surrender meant that she wouldn't get to vent her wrath on the city. So she ignored them.

No, the city will never accept her as monarch, and neither will the nobility. She's basically let her temper and poor thinking destroy what she most wanted.

That's what her whole plot arc as been been throughout the whole series. It's what George is trying to show about power and so many other things.

Her quest for the Iron Throne is over now.

What nobility?  Cersei fried them all in the Sept.  

Edited by Zwalt
Clarification.

I gave it an 8, pretty good for what it was.  It still suffered from all the flaws the show has when the material isn't fleshed out in the books, and I'm pretty sure this is mostly show-only materiel and the last act in the books will be the Others not Cersei

23 minutes ago, Jabar of House Titan said:

Honestly, I still don't see Daenerys as insane or suffering from any kind of mental illness.

She was just beyond furious.

But the writing behind it was atrociously idiotic. No one, and I mean, absolutely no one, is that angry for that long of a period of time.

King's Landing needs to be destroyed and, most assuredly, will be destroyed in the books. But Daenerys (no matter how she is going to be perceived) is going to do it out of what's best for everyone. Also, since the city will likely be both Qyburn's science lab, ground zero for a greyscale epidemic and Euron's playground by that point....it'd be for the better.

So true. A few passes with the dragon, and a few burnt soldiers would have sent the message.

The show goes on to show her sweeping road after road. AND then coming back to the same roads for 1 hour

2 minutes ago, borwin said:

Oh no she is far worse than Cersei. Cersei while she was a conniving bitch and murderer she never went so far as to order her soldiers to kill a whole town. Daeny on the other hand has pretty much assured her destruction after this episode because when the city stood down she chose to burn it all. 

I don't think Dany ordered her soldiers to kill the whole town. For whatever reason, most of her forces (not Jon though) broke discipline and put the whole town to the sword after it had surrendered.

1 minute ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I meant the rest of the realm outside the city. There are still nobility left, although not many.

Really just the south at this point, and I doubt they had any love for Cersie after she assassinated half their court.  The way the show has played out, the nobility is pointless.  

Well...I guess the Mad Queen is on Arya's list now ^^

I rated this episode with a 9 and not with a 10, mainly because of Tyrion's persistence in trying to save Cersei's life (ok, one might say: he did it for Jamie and to save his child, but still, after everything Cersei did...seriously?). Just free Jaime to repay your debt and let him free to do what he wants.

This episode seems to match the part of Dany's vision in the House of the Undying, when she walks in a desert and half destroyed throne room in King's Landing and everything is covered in snow (or ashes...?).
If you remember the last part of the vision...well, you know what to expect next, I guess ^^

About Maggy's prophecy: differently from the books, in the TV show she didn't say anything about Cersei's death, so...^^

Edited by alinoris

I went with 4/10 which seemed to be the least common response.

Mostly schlock.  Not sure if this was the first time Arya rocked the Ned Stark 'do but while not a flattering look exactly, I enjoyed it.

Why did it make more sense to kill Rheagal with laser guided ballistae last week instead of just having him die attacking King's Landing?

Kind of like when I thought Brienne died 15 minutes into the battle of Winterfell, I couldn't tell if Arya was looking over Jon's corpse and the burnt remains of Longclaw or someone random at the end.  Wouldn't be surprised either way.

Also big minus for Valonquar. 

Visually it looked stunning for the most part.

Also didn't like that Grey Worm lost his discipline.

Plot twist: One of the Faceless Men has taken Daenerys' place. That's why her personality seems to have changed from breaker of chains to breaker of necks. He had a contract on the entire population of King's Landing. He cashed in.

Next, he returns to Braavos with Drogon to teach him how to kill in more subtle ways. "A dragon is no one."

I could have done with a lot less Drogon burn time/ repetitive running & dust cloud scenes... and a bit more interaction between the main characters. In particular, I'd have liked to have had Tyrion and Jon discuss Danaery's state of mind & Vary's execution a bit. That was pretty much condensed to one look.
Vary's death was rushed... like the rest of the season has been rushed...
Would have also have liked to have seen Dany on the dragon a bit more... was she grinning maniacally while she torched women and children, or was she blinded by tears and cursing Jon for not being into the ol' incest thing as much as she is... we'll never know

Are there any unsulled and Dothraki left, or did Dany burn them too? She was pretty much indescriminately burning everything that moved. Greyworm looked like he was on a suicide mission though, so he'd probably consider it serving his queen well to be her kindling.

I dunno why Dany bothered to bring the army... she kinda sacked the place by herself  in 5 mins flat- Iron fleet, scorpions, Golden Company... the lannister army could have just as easily been roasted next without anyone lifting a sword. 

The best scenes for me, by far, were with Tyrion...  the most moving was between him and Jaime.... and the heavy look of "ohgodvaryswasrightandwereallfucked" on his face for most of the episode was heartbreaking.

Euron gets the award for most pointlessly annoying prick of the entire 8 seasons.

Arya finding a unicorn at the end was funny... Ok, so it was probably a Dothraki horse that had lost its rider, but still...  I guess she's gonna be trying to stick Dany with needle in the next episode.

Edited by Figdoni

Just now, Jarl Halstein said:

Plot twist: One of the Faceless Men has taken Daenerys' place. That's why her personality seems to have changed from breaker of chains to breaker of necks. He had a contract on the entire population of King's Landing. He cashed in.

Next, he returns to Braavos with Drogon to teach him how to kill in more subtle ways. "A dragon is no one."

that would subvert my expectations.

ANTICLIMATIC, that's how I define it.  Direction/cinematography was superb, writing shit.

I only liked Arya.

And Tyrion's moment with Jaime, and I don't precisely like Tyrion.

Dany going bad queen was very badly executed, but I like this part of the plot.

CLEganebowl, it's like they could have danced tango, and it would'v had the same effect. There was no motivation for this suicidial arc.

Jaime and Cersei, better don't start. Even if he returns to her "for some reason", it was so lame, to end it this way.

Cersei's arc made sense.

I gave it a 2. I have not given a rate like that since season 5.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

16 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

It would have made a bit more sense, if she had been convinced by someone that the ringing of the bells was a sign that the city was rallying against her as opposed to surrendering.

Re-quoted for emphasis.

I'm detecting hints of character assassination from clueless hacks who are so shamed that they can't look at the camera.

I gave it a ONE.

Maybe i am too unjust, some thing were cool.

But i just cant believe Danny going so mad as to burn many innocent people, just after surrendering.
And Jaime still in love with Cersei is just meh. Was really expecting valonquar, or maybe double suicide (Like Cersei planned when Stannis invaded Kings Landing).

Show Jon is very dissapointing too, doing nothing. And being the worst commander of the whole world...